Pelicans Report

Thread: Michael Beasley?

Michael Beasley?

It's reported that they offered him to the nets for KEYON DOOLING and the nets rejected it. Keyon Dooling isn't even good, I imagine we can come up with something to offer them with something like Posey JuJu or Peterson and maybe a second round pick or something.

Okay maybe he's a head case but I'll still take a guy who can give us 13 to 15 a night at SF where we struggle and even play some backup minutes at PF. Also on a rookie contract not making much still

Beasley is truly a SF IMO. Not quick enough to play on the perimeter. He would be a good backup for West and if he ever gets motivated, could be an excellent scorer in this league.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Marvin Williams with a drug problem. Too small to be a PF, too slow for a SF

All-Star Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30
    It's reported that they offered him to the nets for KEYON DOOLING and the nets rejected it. Keyon Dooling isn't even good,
    They wanted Dooling because he has a non-guaranteed contract. They can cut him immediately and have more money for a second free agent.

The Hornets could use their trade exception from the Butler trade, but I don't think the Hornets want anything to do with him.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    What do you mean he's too small? He's 6'10 235 lbs. David West is 6'9 240 lbs.

Beasley isn't too small, he just lacks the motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP
    What do you mean he's too small? He's 6'10 235 lbs. David West is 6'9 240 lbs.

Beasley isn't too small, he just lacks the motivation.
    I find it hard to believe he has grown two inches since being drafted.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...l-Beasley-605/

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture
    I find it hard to believe he has grown two inches since being drafted.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...l-Beasley-605/
    It's up for debate. All I know is that all the major sport outlets have him listed as 6'10.

Official measurements are up for debate. I guess that is one way of looking at it. Next time you see him next to Chris Bosh, Villanueva or for example Lamar Odom I ask that you take a look whether they are nearly identical size wise.

I thought at the combine he came up 6'8? Anyway, the guy has mental issues. Guy hasn't even shown enough to be mentioned with J.R Rider.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

IDK, it's all up for question.

In this picture he's standing next to Durant who's listed at 6'10, Beasley is noticably shorter. Probably 6'9 or so.

But then you look at this picture from last season with him walking toward Big Cat, and they look somewhat similar in height side by side. Cat is around 6'11, I believe? That'd put Beasley around 6'10.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78
    Beasley is truly a SF IMO. Not quick enough to play on the perimeter. He would be a good backup for West and if he ever gets motivated, could be an excellent scorer in this league.
    I think he already has the ability to be an excellent scorer. Problem is, he needs shots in bulk to be effective ala Allen Iverson. He's never gonna be fully effective taking 10 shots per game.

There's on a handful of true superstars in the league and he landed on a team with one of them. For most guys thats a good thing, but for someone like Beasley i think it hurt him. He's never gonna be able to dominate that ball like he needs to playing with another guy who, deservedly, has leeway to do what he wants on the offensive end.

they are wanting cap to pair a max with wade, we cant give them cap room. thats y they were wanting to do that trade

Beasley is garbage. He will never be more than his original hype. not even close. My prediction will be out of the league in 5 years or less.

Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla
    Beasley is garbage. He will never be more than his original hype. not even close. My prediction will be out of the league in 5 years or less.
    LOL, wow step away from the Koolaid pitcher man

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay2
    LOL, wow step away from the Koolaid pitcher man

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    5 years or less....lol !

Long off season Contributor killah's Avatar
    I lack the motivation to want to have him play for the Hornets.

Thread Information