Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade with Detroit (Collison) {merged}

Trade Idea Trade with Detroit (Collison)

Hey guys Im a Pistons fan and was wondering what it'd take to get Darren Collison. Bear with me as Im sure some of you are annoyed with the Collison trade talk. Just wanted to see what you thought of this:

In: Tayshaun (expiring), Jerebko, Wilcox (expiring), 2011 1st

Out: Peja and Collison

Would that be something of interest for you guys? If you really like DC then wouldnt you want him to be a starter in this league? The Pistons are desperate for a real pg, even though Dumars will not admit it, and would fit perfectly in Detroit with Stuckey.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    As much as I want to get rid of Peja, I'm not trading Collison away

We've been looking for a back up to Paul for awhile, we find one and people wanna get rid of him...unbelievable.

DC can start in this league. Why would you keep him as a backup when you can get some serious value in a trade for him. you guys need help at the 3 and would be getting a work horse in Jerebko and not to mention a future 1st round pick...and forget about adding a savy vet who won a championship and happens to be an olympian in Tayshaun. Theres not a better influence on young guys in the league than Tayshaun and you'd be getting him as only a part of a package with some real value.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Awesome young and cheap back up to Chris Paul.....and Paul may not even be here much longer. Yeah, makes total sense to give him away. Would you take West from us for a #2 draft pick in 2046 as well?

Hall of Famer Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by number2pick
    DC can start in this league. Why would you keep him as a backup when you can get some serious value in a trade for him.
    1) We've complained for years that we've lacked a true point to back up CP3. Now that we have one, we don't want to dump him and put ourselves back in the same position. Consider him our version of Manu coming off the bench.

2) Paul's been injury prone the last few seasons.

3) We'll continue to hold onto him until Paul's contract runs out- if CP3 were to leave, we'd obviously lose a playmaker, but if CP3 leaves and we've given away Collison? That's an even bigger problem.....

We'll definitely struggle at the 3 this year, but we'll be able to target that once Peja/Mo Pete/Posey come off the books.....

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    If we ever trade DC, it'll be worth it. He'll probably be here for a while(especially while Paul's future is so unsure)

how about adding a resigned Will Bynum to the package?

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    DC can start in this league. Why would you keep him as a backup when you can get some serious value in a trade for him. you guys need help at the 3 and would be getting a work horse in Jerebko and not to mention a future 1st round pick...and forget about adding a savy vet who won a championship and happens to be an olympian in Tayshaun. Theres not a better influence on young guys in the league than Tayshaun and you'd be getting him as only a part of a package with some real value.
    How do we get value for him now when he is on a rookie contract? That doesn't make any sense. Maybe your answer is that you take Peja, well that doesn't help us either as his salary comes off the books at the end of the season. It's an easy "NO" to your proposal. Sorry.

Time for some football!!!

Take Okafor & Posey and I'd have no problem with the trade

Gerry V's #1 FAN!! Contributor
    Wallace/gordon for Dwest n Peja

Quote Originally Posted by amay
    Wallace/gordon for Dwest n Peja
    Ugh, a big big big big big big NO!

Long off season Contributor killah's Avatar
    I am no on this trade too because as West Coast Hornet said, Peja comes off the books next year anyway. Most Hornets fans don’t expect to be a whole lot better next year anyway, so you might as well not get rid of a young productive player especially because Chris Paul has been hurt so often lately.

"DETROIT CITY!!!!", "Gitta Rope".

how about we not trade him
    If Wayne is E.T.-ish tell him phone home

The Franchise    Contributor   

i'd be okay with trading DC, but the deal would have to take one of the "bad" longer term contracts off the books, not one of the bad expring contracts.
    just because we haven't been able to find a servicable back-up point since Speedy left doesn't mean they are actually that hard to get. DC is going to be a starter in this league at some point, here or somewhere else. but until we get a little more comfortable with the direction of our team for the next 3-5 years any offer for DC would probably have to be fairly one-sided in our favor

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If we move DC, we'd better get a young, big with good size, toughness, athleticism, and a penchant for good interior D in exchange.

But...what team would want to let a player like that go, unless they have two guys just like that? And I can't think of many teams with a two bigs fitting the description that they can let go.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    only way i'm moving DC is if we can attach OK4 to the deal...

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Only way I'm trading Collison (to Detroit) is if Okafor goes, and we get back Prince, Maxiel, Jerebko and 2011 1st. JMO though
    Last edited by GeauxPelicans; 06-02-2010 at 09:57 AM.

All-Star Contributor
    Collison is a potential star. The fact that we have Paul does not lower his trade value. If we trade him, a potential star is what we should get back. Detroit has no actual or potential stars. Unless the Pistons are able to move into the top 4 of the draft, there is nothing on that roster that the Hornets would consider equal value.

I am one of the few on this board that believes the Hornets could improve by trading Collison. However, Detroit is 29th out of 29 teams in terms of having anything the Hornets would want for Collison.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Wait. Peja's an expiring? Aw dude, that is a definite negative on that proposal. Deal doesn't work for us in any of your scenarios.

Hey guys Im a Pistons fan and was wondering what it'd take to get Darren Collison. Bear with me as Im sure some of you are annoyed with the Collison trade talk. Just wanted to see what you thought of this:

In: Tayshaun (expiring), Jerebko, Wilcox (expiring), 2011 1st

Out: Peja and Collison

Would that be something of interest for you guys? If you really like DC then wouldnt you want him to be a starter in this league? The Pistons are desperate for a real pg, even though Dumars will not admit it, and would fit perfectly in Detroit with Stuckey.
    We really don't gain anything by this trade. Peja is already an expiring contract. Basically we're giving up DC for Jerebko. If Okafor was involved instead of Peja then it would be better.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh79
    Collison is a potential star. The fact that we have Paul does not lower his trade value. If we trade him, a potential star is what we should get back. Detroit has no actual or potential stars. Unless the Pistons are able to move into the top 4 of the draft, there is nothing on that roster that the Hornets would consider equal value.

I am one of the few on this board that believes the Hornets could improve by trading Collison. However, Detroit is 29th out of 29 teams in terms of having anything the Hornets would want for Collison.

My trade poposal makes us younger, longer and more athletic than we currently are, gives us a starting 3, that can play the 4 at times who loves to rebound and play D, a backup 4/5 who would be our banger, is a good rebounder and plays decent D, while shooting good %'s. Not to mention it adds another 11-12 mill in expiring after the 2011 season, a first round pick from a bad team next season and most importantly gets us out of our worst contract? All this for our BACK UP PG? Sounds like stealing to me

I think we need to trade either Paul or Collison. You can't have the 2 best players on your team both play the same position and both be under 6-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Oysterman
    I think we need to trade either Paul or Collison. You can't have the 2 best players on your team both play the same position and both be under 6-2.
    That's... crazy in the best way I can put it

Thread Information