Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Hornets Set Deadline For TT

What about Alvin Gentry, atleast I had never heard of him before he took over the Suns? What is his background like?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Here is the "wild card" question about Thibodeau. Why did it take so long to even get an offer? 20 years! 20 long years! There has to be more to that story.
    I agree with you. Or did it take 20 years to get Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, and Rajon Rondo on the same roster? Maybe, he's the product of a great situation.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuture
    What about Alvin Gentry, atleast I had never heard of him before he took over the Suns? What is his background like?
    Gentry has coached the Pistons and the Clippers before being in Phoenix. He was also a lead assistant with the Spurs and the Heat as well as here in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral
    Gentry has coached the Pistons and the Clippers before being in Phoenix. He was also a lead assistant with the Spurs and the Heat as well as here in New Orleans.
    Oh.. ouch

Have to admit I never really pay that much attention to who the assistants are

The Franchise    Contributor   

ouch is right, I thought you were kidding when you asked about him...

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    I agree with you. Or did it take 20 years to get Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, and Rajon Rondo on the same roster? Maybe, he's the product of a great situation.
    So, setting the NBA record for holding teams below 100 points with the Knicks was a product of getting those guys as well? He did not just become known for his defense.

It didn't get him a job then. He lost out to Vinny Del Negro.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    It didn't get him a job then. He lost out to Vinny Del Negro.
    No one said it did. You tried to insinuate that he was a flash in the pan who was a product of recently getting some stars to play with.

I don't even know what to think anymore. Monty seems bright and ascending, but never having even been a lead assistant and then getting HC job...

Rebuild mode.

Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    yeah monty wasn't the lead assistant in portland. what does that say about the guy with that position in portland under nate? he was looked at by one team to interview for a head coaching job. monty has been interviewing since last season. there must be something for teams to show interest. mark jackson has been mentioned and interviewed while a guy like patrick ewing who started from the end of the food chain but yet to get a look. its all about fresh ideas and how you fit into this new day of nba divas/primadonnas who will quit on a coach instantly without legit cause. will it be a sexy hire? nope. just another perspective to consider. still doesn't change the fact that tt was the guy they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    No one said it did. You tried to insinuate that he was a flash in the pan who was a product of recently getting some stars to play with.
    Actually, I stated that he didn't win big until he had those four players. 20 year career; one head coaching offer. With that body of work, something must be missing.

Thread Information