Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade with Detroit (Collison) {merged}

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oysterman
    I think we need to trade either Paul or Collison. You can't have the 2 best players on your team both play the same position and both be under 6-2.
    Paul will give us more value in return because Collison is under valued while CP is over valued.

That said, I still say you can have both on the same team since we will never get true fair value for either of them.

dont see y we would trade collison for a back rookie and another ending contract, if they wanna take okafor or mo pete and posey then we can talk

If we trade DC it should be to win

This trade doesnt do that, a move for Prince is a move to win now but when the sweetener is a future first and a young guy that is making a move for the future.

Something like Collison, Posey, Peja, Okafor for Rip, Prince, Wilcox

NOH gets to win now and ditches their bad contracts and Detroit tries to rebuild around expirings and youth
    Last edited by juju99; 06-02-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juju99
    If we trade DC it should be to win

This trade doesnt do that, a move for Prince is a move to win now but when the sweetener is a future first and a young guy that is making a move for the future.

Something like Collison, Posey, Peja, Okafor for Rip, Prince, Wilcox

NOH gets to win now and ditches their bad contracts and Detroit tries to rebuild around expirings and youth
    Still a horrible idea...

No offense, but I prefer that the Hornets make trades that actually make the team better. This trade would make the Pistons better, and the Hornets worse. Hence, it is not a good trade.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay2
    Still a horrible idea...
    Well its a lot better than his

Quote Originally Posted by juju99
    Well its a lot better than his
    Lol, well if you're going by that standard yeah

^
    The way I see it there are 2 routes we could take

1) Clear out all our deadweight contracts for productive expirings/slightly overpaid players to contend for the championship

2)Hold onto the expirings and look to ditch Okafor/West for more capspace, and picks
    Last edited by juju99; 06-02-2010 at 05:04 PM.

I know we all love DC and how much we have always wanted a back up PG but DC is not aand should not be on the bench in this league, he is starter material. We need to pack him with one of our big contractsto get rid of cap space and also get some value.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintCP3
    I know we all love DC and how much we have always wanted a back up PG but DC is not aand should not be on the bench in this league, he is starter material. We need to pack him with one of our big contractsto get rid of cap space and also get some value.
    We need to keep him until CP3 signs a long-term extension. If we trade DC now and CP3 bolts two years from now, we're screwed.

Besides, DC has the chance to be 6th man of the year.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Nein. Diese ist nicht gut!

Time for some football!!!

Detroit Trade (sorry, new thread but please read)

Hi guys, sorry I had to start a new thread because I couldnt help but notice something that I wanted more light shed on

You guys are actually willing to trade Okafor??? Have you guys realized that Detroit is desperate for big men and that Okafor is a player Pistons fans would love to trade for..

I would have included him in my original post about trading for Collison but thought I'd be asking too much..

So here it goes, would you approve of the following trade (assuming this all worked under the cap..):
    In: Tayshaun (11 mil expiring), Wilcox (3 mil expiring), Jerebko, Bynum (resigned) or future 1st.
    Out: Okafor, Posey, Collison

PS. I must say I am pretty impressed by the amount of responses you guys give on these threads. I wouldnt even dream of seeing 35 responses for a single thread on the message board I frequent for the Pistons

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    merge city, bro!

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by number2pick
    Hi guys, sorry I had to start a new thread because I couldnt help but notice something that I wanted more light shed on

You guys are actually willing to trade Okafor??? Have you guys realized that Detroit is desperate for big men and that Okafor is a player Pistons fans would love to trade for..

I would have included him in my original post about trading for Collison but thought I'd be asking too much..

So here it goes, would you approve of the following trade (assuming this all worked under the cap..):
    In: Tayshaun (11 mil expiring), Wilcox (3 mil expiring), Jerebko, Bynum (resigned) or future 1st.

PS. I must say I am pretty impressed by the amount of responses you guys give on these threads. I wouldnt even dream of seeing 35 responses for a single thread on the message board I frequent for the Pistons

I made a very similar proposal earlier in this thread, except I had Maxiell instead of Wilcox and Posey wasn't included. This was my response to a guy who didn't want to move Collison "My trade poposal makes us younger, longer and more athletic than we currently are, gives us a starting 3, that can play the 4 at times who loves to rebound and play D, a backup 4/5 who would be our banger, is a good rebounder and plays decent D, while shooting good %'s. Not to mention it adds another 11-12 mill in expiring after the 2011 season, a first round pick from a bad team next season and most importantly gets us out of our worst contract? All this for our BACK UP PG? Sounds like stealing to me." So yes, I would make that trade in a hearbeat, but like I said I would rather Maxiell over Wilcox and your 1st next year over Bynum. Do you really think that Detroit will take on that kind of money? Yall already have Gordon, Charlie V and Rip on bad contracts, Okafor would just add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by number2pick

Absolutely. That trade fixes things for us and fixes things for you. We get a new capable CP backup and use #11 to draft a pivot man. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue
    Do you really think that Detroit will take on that kind of money? Yall already have Gordon, Charlie V and Rip on bad contracts, Okafor would just add to it.
    It depends on how available Okafor, cuz trust me, we can use a player like him. This team's identity used to be about defense and hardwork and he would fit the bill. And its obvious Stuckey is not a true point guard so this trade would be killing two very large birds with one stone.
    Hopefully Rip can get moved this offseason to clear cap space cuz Im sure this team would much rather have a bad contract in a position of need than of one that were clogged in. Thanks for your responses guys

I would do that deal but I doubt Detroit touches it. I dont think fans of other teams realize how bad Okafor is because Cs typically get overrated by fans but Im certain GM's know what a bad deal Okafor and Posey. And since Pistons are for sale, it doesnt make sense for them to take on both of these negative value players. Ofcourse if their GM is just stupid then.... But I would do the deal with no hesitation.

Thread Information