Pelicans Report

Thread: Let's not go off the deep end

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar

OP ED Let's not go off the deep end

This is still our franchise, for better or worse. Obviously, there are lots of problems and it is ok to be concerned, frustrated, and even upset about it. But there isn't much we can personally do about it in terms of the org itself other than to factually state our grievances. Let's just take a deep breath and either come back to this later or try to keep our wildest emotions somewhat in check. Most of us here have had plenty of practice with the Saints, so we should be good at it by now.

Time for some football!!!

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    I agree. I won't go as far as saying that I don't want the Hornets here anymore or want a NHL or MLB team here. I want the Hornets here because I love basketball.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    I agree that we shouldn't go off the deep end....it's just that this big Chouest announcement isn't living up to it's hype. First...he's not even officially the owner yet. And I'm not sure if people are going off the deep end as much as they are just looking at the immediate future...and some lingering issues.

The highlight of the coaching search will likely bring us Monty Williams....to work with Jeff Bower. [sarcasm on] Wow...thats exciting. [sarcasm off]

The organization has a cloud or two hanging over it....one we can easily see....and one thats more of a presence or aura that won't go away. We always said the Hornets defined Shinn.....but maybe it's more like Shinn defines the Hornets. Thats a cloud we can't necessarily see...but we can certainly feel. Even when he's not there...it feels like he is. He and his good ole' boy ways haunt this franchise. The other cloud is the teal colors, dumb name and aimless basketball operations.....if for some reason people are numb and can't feel the first cloud I spoke of....they can certainly see the latter.

Even after Chouest is announced as owner....what will the big excitement be? What do we have to look forward to in the short term? Williams and Bower....and a roster thats sub .500.....and bogged down with horrendous contracts/players who we can't even send packing?

In the long term I'd like to think that Chouest will right the ship.....and I think he probably will.....but I'm not buying into any manufactured short term spin. Been there done that. Remember how Bower/Floyd weren't a stop gap but a real chance to get the most out of last season's team? Etc.? I'll believe it when I see it. I've seen enough to doubt any positive spin right now.

Bower/Floyd did a solid job. This season was heading towards a disaster and they actually turned out it around into a playoff contender before CP3's injury.

Everyone just needs to be patient. Its hard but we will have a new owner and coach soon and then we can judge the Chouest/Bower/new coach regime.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78
    Bower/Floyd did a solid job. This season was heading towards a disaster and they actually turned out it around into a playoff contender before CP3's injury.
    Oh please....we couldn't have stayed on the court with any of the playoff teams in a 7 game series....even with a healthy Chris. This roster is horribly built....it's disjointed....it's a combination of misfit parts. Don't buy into the hype. They organization loves fans who buy this thought process. I hope most of our fans will hold the team to a higher standard. Last season was a joke....from the word go.

This organization is pathetic...we have the best point guard in the world and we have no clue how to put the places around him to be successful. It's like they can't even get the simple stuff right.

Maybe i'm overreacting, but I want the Hornet organization to see our frustrations. I want them to hear us and no that we are not going to put up with the BS every single year.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Some of you will kill me but.. monty williams? I want Scott back...is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Oh please....we couldn't have stayed on the court with any of the playoff teams in a 7 game series....even with a healthy Chris. This roster is horribly built....it's disjointed....it's a combination of misfit parts. Don't buy into the hype. They organization loves fans who buy this thought process. I hope most of our fans will hold the team to a higher standard. Last season was a joke....from the word go.
    That's not the point. The point was the coaching staff did a decent job. You said the roster was bad. So obviously this team wasn't built to win anyway, but they were doing solid before the injury. You can't have both it ways.

If you're so frustrated, why keep posting the same stuff everyday? Take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78
    That's not the point. The point was the coaching staff did a decent job. You said the roster was bad. So obviously this team wasn't built to win anyway, but they were doing solid before the injury. You can't have both it ways.

If you're so frustrated, why keep posting the same stuff everyday? Take a break.
    Good point. I guess they did OK with what they had to work with. But to sell them as a staff that would make us playoff competitive was a joke.....and I'm pretty sure the Hornets tried to sell it that way.

I'm not frustrated any more. I'm at the laughing stage now. It can't get any worse right? Things have to get better now. Just having some fun.

And PS....I help pay for this site to be here....I'll take a break when I feel like it. For what it's worth, I don't post nearly as much as I used to. I'll admit that I'm a streaky poster though. I'll post a bunch then take a break. Enjoy the breaks and consider the times I do post here as necessary therapy that helps me.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    I'm past the laughing stage...I'm at the stage of wondering why I care anymore. If either Shinn still owns the team or we hire a **** candidate I'm probably done. My patience is worn thin.
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    There's no denying that HH's points are factually correct. I think a lot of us have been frustrated and angry, but I am concerned that people here are threatening to bail on the NBa in New Orleans. It's a nice entertainment option to have. Obviously, it could be a lot better run. So let's state our case, push for change, and then move on.

I understand that the org is a mess now but everything will soon be figured. Call it naive optimism but it will. I know I am passed the phase of worrying about it anymore b/c it will happen. I just want to find something positive to talk about(the draft). the negativity is worn out of me. I dont want anyoneto have negative feelings towards Chouest or the new coach bc this process will soon be over. Honestly I dont think many people beside who come on this site, really know or care whats going on with the Hornets so they sadly will still be able to have somewhat of positive Media excitement. Thats probably why they dont care thats its taking this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    I agree that we shouldn't go off the deep end....it's just that this big Chouest announcement isn't living up to it's hype. First...he's not even officially the owner yet. And I'm not sure if people are going off the deep end as much as they are just looking at the immediate future...and some lingering issues.

The highlight of the coaching search will likely bring us Monty Williams....to work with Jeff Bower. [sarcasm on] Wow...thats exciting. [sarcasm off]

The organization has a cloud or two hanging over it....one we can easily see....and one thats more of a presence or aura that won't go away. We always said the Hornets defined Shinn.....but maybe it's more like Shinn defines the Hornets. Thats a cloud we can't necessarily see...but we can certainly feel. Even when he's not there...it feels like he is. He and his good ole' boy ways haunt this franchise. The other cloud is the teal colors, dumb name and aimless basketball operations.....if for some reason people are numb and can't feel the first cloud I spoke of....they can certainly see the latter.

Even after Chouest is announced as owner....what will the big excitement be? What do we have to look forward to in the short term? Williams and Bower....and a roster thats sub .500.....and bogged down with horrendous contracts/players who we can't even send packing?

In the long term I'd like to think that Chouest will right the ship.....and I think he probably will.....but I'm not buying into any manufactured short term spin. Been there done that. Remember how Bower/Floyd weren't a stop gap but a real chance to get the most out of last season's team? Etc.? I'll believe it when I see it. I've seen enough to doubt any positive spin right now.
    This pretty much sums it up my feelings as well. New owner and coach isn't going to bring much to the table today. Not with this roster that is definitely a mess. The hope will be that Chouset can be a more financially sound owner who can put the right people in place to help this team be legit in two or three years.
    Last edited by pharcyder; 05-31-2010 at 07:01 AM.
    MJR

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Hornet
    There's no denying that HH's points are factually correct. I think a lot of us have been frustrated and angry, but I am concerned that people here are threatening to bail on the NBa in New Orleans. It's a nice entertainment option to have. Obviously, it could be a lot better run. So let's state our case, push for change, and then move on.
    I'm not bailing ... but I do want the franchise to know exactly how pissed off we are. For the past month I defended the coaching search and ownership transfer, not anymore.

They need to address both issues and assure fans that both issues are a positive step for the franchise. That is not how they are doing it right now ... they have allowed both stories to define them, and it's becoming comical.

Why not step out and address the ownership transfer? The franchise certainly has the time to do so, wouldn't be in the best interest of the franchise to explain to fans we are about to embark on an exciting new chapter for this New Orleans franchise? Normally you would wait for the ownership transfer press conference, however they promised a press conference 5 weeks ago that never happened ... they seriously need to address that.

The TP was dead on this week ... as long as their are rumors floating about the ownership transfer and coaching search the stories will continue to define the franchise and right now the franchise looks like it's run by bumbling *******es.

Thread Information