.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 390

Thread: Name Change Ideas {merged}

  1. #201
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horn-et
    Please don't be offended, but I can think of very few names I would dislike more than Arc Angels.
    Its the only way to go to really have a new dynamic brand. Otherwise, might as well keep Hornets IMO.

    Brass is good, but again, sounds like Jazz.

    Soul reminds of the Soul Glo in Coming to America. I would have to draw A.C. Green's hair for a logo.

    Buccaneers would be acceptable and I can live with it. Probably the best way to go due to tradition. Plus the name makes sense for the region.

    New Orleans Royals seems to be pretty good.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  2. #202
    Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MS Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,187

    We Got Soul

    Here's my logo idea for the " New Orleans Soul". Would have like to do some more to it but this took me a few hours and I need to get to bed. Might work on a Blues or Brass one next. What do you guys think?

  3. #203
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,752
    Quote Originally Posted by PrepP
    Here's my logo idea for the " New Orleans Soul". Would have like to do some more to it but this took me a few hours and I need to get to bed. Might work on a Blues or Brass one next. What do you guys think?

    I think its really cool. The color looks really nice too.

  4. #204
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horn-et
    Please don't be offended, but I can think of very few names I would dislike more than Arc Angels.
    Yeah, that's not the best name, imo.

    I'd rather be the New Orleans Beasts or the New Orleans Flash or some other generic team name.

  5. #205
    Oh god, those arc angel 'graphics' make me laugh.


    I know you probably put a lot of work into them, but seriously. Also, I'm not a fan of that name either.

  6. #206
    The Soul reminds me of all the hype over Bon Jovi's arena football team, lol. I like the bucs and someone mentioned the Revelers and Sinners.

  7. #207
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,752
    Quote Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy
    Oh god, those arc angel 'graphics' make me laugh.


    I know you probably put a lot of work into them, but seriously. Also, I'm not a fan of that name either.
    I only used the paint feature on windows, very basic stuff. Don't have access to anything better. It only took a few minutes to make them.

  8. #208
    How's about "The New Orleans Murder Rate"

    Fear inducing.

  9. #209
    Do you guys think the team will change name/colours anytime soon?

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal21
    Do you guys think the team will change name/colours anytime soon?
    Unless by some miracle they can acquire the Jazz, I hope not. I like what we have now.

  11. #211
    Why is everyone saying re brand the franchise?

  12. #212
    New Orleans gators

  13. #213
    I always thought Navigators would be a good name for a local team. I'm kinda fond of Phantoms too.

  14. #214
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal21
    Why is everyone saying re brand the franchise?
    They mean changing the team nickname. The brand name of the team. And also it's about changing the image of a vagabound team with no true home.

    I got hip to the idea when I heard another pundit on ESPN accidentally call us the Charolette Hornets. This team has been in New Orleans since 2002 and people STILL don't roll the city off the tongue when saying Hornets.

    But they can sure say the Oklahoma City Thunder.

  15. #215
    Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ascension Parish
    Posts
    2,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805
    They mean changing the team nickname. The brand name of the team. And also it's about changing the image of a vagabound team with no true home.

    I got hip to the idea when I heard another pundit on ESPN accidentally call us the Charolette Hornets. This team has been in New Orleans since 2002 and people STILL don't roll the city off the tongue when saying Hornets.

    But they can sure say the Oklahoma City Thunder.
    This us my number 2 reason for rebranding the franchise.

  16. #216
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,752
    I wouldn't mind a rebrand or keeping the name. Its gonna be very hard rebranding at this point. Much easier when the team originally moved. Its really hard to come up with a great new name to replace Hornets which has been established especially after the great 2007-2008 season. If someone can really come up with a great name, then I'm all for it.

  17. #217
    momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,824
    Last night the Rocket announcers accidently called us CLT.

  18. #218
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,752
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    Last night the Rocket announcers accidently called us CLT.
    Not surprised, their play-by-play guy is like 70 years old

  19. #219
    Hall of Famer pistol #7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by toddkay
    I like the name Hornets and I like Hugo (and The Bees, The Buzz, The Hive, The Honeybees, The Used To Bees, "BEE-FENSE" and all the other nicknames that go with it). And I think the fans and New Orleanians overall have embraced them as well.
    well said. I couldn't agree more
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Your New Orleans Hornets

  20. #220
    Just add fans Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    35,313
    Everyone sees this very differently I guess. I'm friendly with pistol, but I am just the opposite. The Hornets identity is "used" and is someone elses in my mind. The Bee Fense, Buzz, etc. names are hokey and hillbillyish in my eyes. While it may have worked for CLT and OKC, it doesn't fit New Orleans at all.

  21. #221
    momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Everyone sees this very differently I guess. I'm friendly with pistol, but I am just the opposite. The Hornets identity is "used" and is someone elses in my mind. The Bee Fense, Buzz, etc. names are hokey and hillbillyish in my eyes. While it may have worked for CLT and OKC, it doesn't fit New Orleans at all.
    Exactly.

    The only thing missing from your post was Shinn telling us he will put New Orleans on the map!!!

    Maybe we can bring back some of the OKC imagery as well. We are so concerned with representing CLT we might as well include OKC as well.

  22. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy
    New Orleans Sharks
    This I can dig, oh and also BRING BACK THE TEAL.

  23. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal21
    This I can dig, oh and also BRING BACK THE TEAL.
    haha I actually like all these names:

    -Sharks
    -Souls
    -Crescents
    -Halos
    -Clowns/Jokers
    -Knights

  24. #224
    First of all, Jazz is the perfect name. It's a crime that Utah is the Jazz and we aren't.

    I don't think we should use a professional team name that currently exists, so Buccaneers, Blues, and Royals should be out. Might as well be the Tigers.

    Soul does sound like a WNBA team. Arc Angels is creative, but not good.

    I think Buccaneers would have been cool, because of its past connection to the city. For that reason I like the Pelicans. That was New Orleans' old baseball team.

    So I like:

    Pelicans
    Brass
    Voodoo
    Revelers
    Kingfish
    Crescents

    What about Creoles? Don't know if that works, but it's better than Cajuns (which is already UL's name and New Orleans isn't really Cajun).

    I actually think Crescents is my favorite.

  25. #225
    If we get a new owner do you think we will get a re-branding?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •