Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Change Ideas {merged}

New orleans steamers. Could be for steamboats, steamed seafood, or a comment on the extreme humidity. And, luckily, there is no team with this name in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    We have a soccer team named the Jesters? Didn't know that. Just take the name and logo. Soccer doesn't count anyway.
    Good point , soccer ???They wont last anyway so...why not .

Why is it all of our minor league teams got the cool local nicknames while our NBA team was stuck with a name that only belongs in Charlotte.

Seriously, the Voodoo, Brass, and Jesters would be really great names. Voodoo would have been perfect if it was never used before.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78
    Why is it all of our minor league teams got the cool local nicknames while our NBA team was stuck with a name that only belongs in Charlotte.

Seriously, the Voodoo, Brass, and Jesters would be really great names. Voodoo would have been perfect if it was never used before.
    Well Voo Doo is not being used now so , its perfect . but make it the Louisiana Voo Doo . with the half skull wearing the jesters hat . And have Voo Doo on the home jerseys and NOLA on the road . Mix in purple , green and gold .
    Last edited by PRJ68; 04-18-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Don't read too much into this but all Hornets jerseys (except apparently the Mardi Gras ones and some other special ones) are 50% at the Hornets.com shop -- this includes authentic, replica, and swingman.

The great thing is all the jerseys say New Orleans instead of Hornets meaning if the name changed, it wouldn't effect the unis.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster
    Don't read too much into this but all Hornets jerseys (except apparently the Mardi Gras ones and some other special ones) are 50% at the Hornets.com shop -- this includes authentic, replica, and swingman.
    According to the woman at the Black and Gold shop on Vets ... the Mardi Gras jerseys out sold the normal home and away Hornets jerseys. I'm not surprised at all.

I own all kinds of Hornets stuff, but I've never bought a jersey because they still look like the CLT Hornets and I refuse to buy anything with Hugo on it. I have tons of FDB stuff though.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    They advertised that last Sunday at the game. Good deal if they remain the hornets or those colors going into the future.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    The last time they had a sale of that magnitude for an item(TC jersey) they traded Tyson Chandler.
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    The last time they had a sale of that magnitude for an item(TC jersey) they traded Tyson Chandler.
    In downtown LA today, on Broadway (very poor and bad shopping district), I saw a Bass #33 Teal Hornets jersey ... the price was $35.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    In downtown LA today, on Broadway (very poor and bad shopping district), I saw a Bass #33 Teal Hornets jersey ... the price was $35.
    Koreatown? Sounds like a Koreatown deal. You should have negotiated the price down to $20 and then just walked away.

I have the MG Jersey. It's not for everyone, I guess, but I like it.

Time for some football!!!

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Hornet
    Koreatown? Sounds like a Koreatown deal. You should have negotiated the price down to $20 and then just walked away.

I have the MG Jersey. It's not for everyone, I guess, but I like it.
    No, Broadway and 5th at the "Shoe Hut", little mexico. LOL.

I know the place. Almost got jacked there once. I avoid it like the plague...

I forget the name of that area. Starts with a C or a G.

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Hornet
    I know the place. Almost got jacked there once. I avoid it like the plague...

I forget the name of that area. Starts with a C or a G.

Sometimes it's called the Diamond District or Jewelry District (right now it's the Jewelry District but you know how they change the downtown district names every 5 years or so), but yeah it's not the nicest place in the world.

Here is a pretty good description and history of the area:

http://www.laforum.org/content/onlin...by-sonia-rivas

Reminds me of Canal St in the 80s/90s.

Wow what could this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Teal21
    Wow what could this mean?
    Could mean nothing. They might be trying to clear out inventory.

I'm hoping for a complete change, but I don't think this means anything for next season.

Yeah, it's probably nothing. Any name change would take at least two seasons. My guess is that Hornets merchandise isn't selling well thus the sale.

There are other teams at NBA.com that are having this sale as well. The Knicks, Kings and Rockets are 3 of them. I'm guessing it's this season's non-playoff teams.

The Hornets Nest online is too expensive to begin with. NBA.com is usually cheaper.

Speaking of which it looks like the NBA.com store is having a 25% sale on all merchandise... you can pick up this little gem.

Speaking of which it looks like the NBA.com store is having a 25% sale on all merchandise... you can pick up this little gem.

But we don't need to change anything, this team doesn't have a single identity problem.

Anyone notice that while the Thunder are in the playoffs no one talks about Seattle or the Sonics, last night they even said this was the Thunder's first playoff game and that the franchise doesn't have post-season experience.

What? They won a freaking NBA title and have extensive playoff experience.

The Hornets name, colors, logo, etc all need to go. I'm tired of sharing the Horents with half the country.

in no particular order of importance to me

River Cats
    Gamblers
    Buccaneers
    Warlocks
    Predators

But we don't need to change anything, this team doesn't have a single identity problem.

Anyone notice that while the Thunder are in the playoffs no one talks about Seattle or the Sonics, last night they even said this was the Thunder's first playoff game and that the franchise doesn't have post-season experience.

The Hornets name, colors, logo, etc all need to go. I'm tired of sharing the Horents with half the country.
    All I want is teal back and il be happy.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

I thought that was because Seattle fought and said that the Sonics, it's history, records, stats, all had to stay in Seattle. So the Thunder are like an expansion team that don't have to go through the inevitable 5 years of development hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805
    I thought that was because Seattle fought and said that the Sonics, it's history, records, stats, all had to stay in Seattle. So the Thunder are like an expansion team that don't have to go through the inevitable 5 years of development hell.
    Clay owns the name, colors, logos, history, records, stats, and everything else that is Sonics. Seattle's next team can buy it back at a price. I believe Clay did donate the NBA Title trophy to a Seattle museum, or it might be a replica.

Clay did the smart thing and re-branded his team for OKC. If Seattle gets a team again the next owner can simply buy everything back. Only the Browns got that sweetheart deal.

How about the Carpetbaggers or the Transients, or the Mercenaries, etc (in light of the sale impasse story)?

Thread Information