Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Change Ideas {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horn-et
    Please don't be offended, but I can think of very few names I would dislike more than Arc Angels.
    Its the only way to go to really have a new dynamic brand. Otherwise, might as well keep Hornets IMO.

Brass is good, but again, sounds like Jazz.

Soul reminds of the Soul Glo in Coming to America. I would have to draw A.C. Green's hair for a logo.

Buccaneers would be acceptable and I can live with it. Probably the best way to go due to tradition. Plus the name makes sense for the region.

New Orleans Royals seems to be pretty good.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar

We Got Soul

Here's my logo idea for the " New Orleans Soul". Would have like to do some more to it but this took me a few hours and I need to get to bed. Might work on a Blues or Brass one next. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP
    Here's my logo idea for the " New Orleans Soul". Would have like to do some more to it but this took me a few hours and I need to get to bed. Might work on a Blues or Brass one next. What do you guys think?

I think its really cool. The color looks really nice too.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horn-et
    Please don't be offended, but I can think of very few names I would dislike more than Arc Angels.
    Yeah, that's not the best name, imo.

I'd rather be the New Orleans Beasts or the New Orleans Flash or some other generic team name.

Oh god, those arc angel 'graphics' make me laugh.

I know you probably put a lot of work into them, but seriously. Also, I'm not a fan of that name either.

The Soul reminds me of all the hype over Bon Jovi's arena football team, lol. I like the bucs and someone mentioned the Revelers and Sinners.

Quote Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy
    Oh god, those arc angel 'graphics' make me laugh.

I know you probably put a lot of work into them, but seriously. Also, I'm not a fan of that name either.
    I only used the paint feature on windows, very basic stuff. Don't have access to anything better. It only took a few minutes to make them.

How's about "The New Orleans Murder Rate"

Fear inducing.

Do you guys think the team will change name/colours anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Teal21
    Do you guys think the team will change name/colours anytime soon?
    Unless by some miracle they can acquire the Jazz, I hope not. I like what we have now.

Why is everyone saying re brand the franchise?

New Orleans gators

I always thought Navigators would be a good name for a local team. I'm kinda fond of Phantoms too.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Why is everyone saying re brand the franchise?
    They mean changing the team nickname. The brand name of the team. And also it's about changing the image of a vagabound team with no true home.

I got hip to the idea when I heard another pundit on ESPN accidentally call us the Charolette Hornets. This team has been in New Orleans since 2002 and people STILL don't roll the city off the tongue when saying Hornets.

But they can sure say the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805
    They mean changing the team nickname. The brand name of the team. And also it's about changing the image of a vagabound team with no true home.

I got hip to the idea when I heard another pundit on ESPN accidentally call us the Charolette Hornets. This team has been in New Orleans since 2002 and people STILL don't roll the city off the tongue when saying Hornets.

But they can sure say the Oklahoma City Thunder.
    This us my number 2 reason for rebranding the franchise.

I wouldn't mind a rebrand or keeping the name. Its gonna be very hard rebranding at this point. Much easier when the team originally moved. Its really hard to come up with a great new name to replace Hornets which has been established especially after the great 2007-2008 season. If someone can really come up with a great name, then I'm all for it.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Last night the Rocket announcers accidently called us CLT.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    Last night the Rocket announcers accidently called us CLT.
    Not surprised, their play-by-play guy is like 70 years old

Quote Originally Posted by toddkay
    I like the name Hornets and I like Hugo (and The Bees, The Buzz, The Hive, The Honeybees, The Used To Bees, "BEE-FENSE" and all the other nicknames that go with it). And I think the fans and New Orleanians overall have embraced them as well.
    well said. I couldn't agree more
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Your New Orleans Hornets

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Everyone sees this very differently I guess. I'm friendly with pistol, but I am just the opposite. The Hornets identity is "used" and is someone elses in my mind. The Bee Fense, Buzz, etc. names are hokey and hillbillyish in my eyes. While it may have worked for CLT and OKC, it doesn't fit New Orleans at all.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Everyone sees this very differently I guess. I'm friendly with pistol, but I am just the opposite. The Hornets identity is "used" and is someone elses in my mind. The Bee Fense, Buzz, etc. names are hokey and hillbillyish in my eyes. While it may have worked for CLT and OKC, it doesn't fit New Orleans at all.
    Exactly.

The only thing missing from your post was Shinn telling us he will put New Orleans on the map!!!

Maybe we can bring back some of the OKC imagery as well. We are so concerned with representing CLT we might as well include OKC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy
    New Orleans Sharks
    This I can dig, oh and also BRING BACK THE TEAL.

This I can dig, oh and also BRING BACK THE TEAL.
    haha I actually like all these names:

-Sharks
    -Souls
    -Crescents
    -Halos
    -Clowns/Jokers
    -Knights

First of all, Jazz is the perfect name. It's a crime that Utah is the Jazz and we aren't.

I don't think we should use a professional team name that currently exists, so Buccaneers, Blues, and Royals should be out. Might as well be the Tigers.

Soul does sound like a WNBA team. Arc Angels is creative, but not good.

I think Buccaneers would have been cool, because of its past connection to the city. For that reason I like the Pelicans. That was New Orleans' old baseball team.

So I like:

Pelicans
    Brass
    Voodoo
    Revelers
    Kingfish
    Crescents

What about Creoles? Don't know if that works, but it's better than Cajuns (which is already UL's name and New Orleans isn't really Cajun).

I actually think Crescents is my favorite.

If we get a new owner do you think we will get a re-branding?

Thread Information