Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: hornets/suns - in/post game comments

Bring back the Turtle!
    Quote Originally Posted by metalzo
    Nice win. The rookies continue to impress. David West continues to destroy his trade value though.

maybe... he got in early foul trouble which doesn't help. one would expect his play to pick up when cp comes back.

A great win, lets hope this shuts up all the tankers on the board for a while.

Peja is the man .. I love him.
    The rookies are fantastic .. Emeka was a beast
    We the fans were unbelievable.

Hornets played great. David West didn't.

I'm glad they won. I'm glad Devin Brown (who many hate) played a great game, he almost had the same stats as the other game he played a few days ago. Good to see the Hornets aggressive on rebounds.

David West was terrible tonight.

The Hornets had a fantastic start, but they gave it up too easily. Their best quarter was their last.

I hate it how Peja is here one game, and not the next. Hopefully though, he keeps this good momentum going.

Good win.
    A Basketball Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Peja
    Peja is the man .. I love him.
    The rookies are fantastic .. Emeka was a beast
    We the fans were unbelievable.
    If Peja can stay healthy we can save this season. If this guy is 100 % ready (most of the time he is not) we are dangerous team.

If this team continues to play with this intensity we can save this season. If we can be at least a mediocre team without Paul...the you add him with our backcourt playing consistently and if our bigs can consistently just give effort and be fairly consistent...well I won't get ahead of myself but, we could be a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by stbviper22
    I bet you are extremely impressed by thornton since you were not expecting anything from him this season.
    I am! I'm actually thrilled that he looks like he may pan out and make it in the NBA as a 6th man type. Like I always said, I hoped against hope that he would work out but I just didn't expect it because of how historically unlikely it was.

Quote Originally Posted by TTTTT
    maybe... he got in early foul trouble which doesn't help. one would expect his play to pick up when cp comes back.
    Well some on this board think he's a great player and a true all-star power forward. I contend that he's actually a pretty good player (a very nice 3rd or 4th option on a contender) that has looked like a great player because of CP3. Kind of like how Tyson was an ok player that looked like a very good player because of CP3. These types of games back that up...other star players who get into foul trouble still tend to manage more than 6 points and 5 rebounds in 29 minutes but we won so who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengir
    A great win, lets hope this shuts up all the tankers on the board for a while.
    While I don't know how the "tankers" feel I don't think you understand what those of us who don't mind losses are trying to say. Winning 40 games and either just missing or making the 1st round does no good for this team. In fact it is probably detrimental as not only does it worsen our draft position but it also makes it more likely that Shinn will allow either Bower or Floyd or both to remain as the GM and Head Coach. That, in my and many others' view, is a bad thing for this franchise. I want the Hornets to break their cycle of mediocrity and to do that in the NBA you need to hit the bottom and work your way back up. High lottery picks are essential to that process as if you do it right, they're both cheap and very good players for 4 years. So no amount of nice wins this season will shut me up from rooting for the long term success of my team

Man did anyone see that travel by Devin Brown LMFAO wow I hope that makes not top ten, I think I counted like 7 steps no joke he even jumps like 3 times in it lol man that was sweet. After its all over he turns and was like "cmon wtf?" lol

I loved on the text message thing before the game, someone texted:

"Devin Brown is the greatest player of all time"

Had to have been someone here lol.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB
    David Aldridge is supposed to be asking CP about his ankle but of course he has to try the 'CP3 is unhappy about the firing of Byron Scott' issue.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/horne...game_intv.nba/
    David Aldridge is an idiot amongst idiots. I've hated him every since the whole "What if a tornado hits the city?"

What a d-bag.

Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    i'm sure david aldridge still thinks that sam young would have been a better draft pick than darren collsion. wonder what his opinion on collison is now after watching him put the dagger in the suns.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral
    David Aldridge is an idiot amongst idiots. I've hated him every since the whole "What if a tornado hits the city?"

What a d-bag.
    Yeah, well, if you had 3 cents to your name, you'd like him just fine!

Time for some football!!!

nice win, I think Collison will be a very good NBA player. He has good quickness and handle, he is already a good man to man defender staying in front of quick players like Barbosa. He could be a big steal in the draft.
    RIP #13 Bobby Phills

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Man anyone realized how the announcers where sounding kind of "frustrated" that hornets won???

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Thread Information