Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: hornets/suns - in/post game comments

i think their numbers only go up as the season goes on. neither is brandon jennings being asked to resurect a franchise. these guys can just flow with the team and pick it up when called upon in time.

Quote Originally Posted by JKM
    Considering this game was on TNT, I am shocked some of the usual posters are not here enjoying this win. Hope Byron watched it, with his arms folded.

I sent him a tub of mustache wax, he will be fine.

Bring back the Turtle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets85
    The play of the rooks as well as the team as a whole is making Scott look like a dunce in my book. He wouldn't let the rooks get a sniff of the floor, team played uninspired defense, and there were barely any offensive sets run. David West's post firing comments are seeming more and more true as you see the team play under some kind of "coaching".

"but the rookies aren't ready" lol. what a pathetic excuse that was... scott just doesn't like playing young guys

Is it just me or is devin brown better when he is running the point? Devin does a very good job of creating offense both for himself and others. it seems where he gets into trouble is playing off the ball and having to settle for catch and shoot plays. Maybe running devin brown at point when he is on the floor with collison/thornton/bobby brown at sg is the way to go.
    HORNETS ALL THE WAY IN 08!!!

The play of the rooks as well as the team as a whole is making Scott look like a dunce in my book. He wouldn't let the rooks get a sniff of the floor, team played uninspired defense, and there were barely any offensive sets run. David West's post firing comments are seeming more and more true as you see the team play under some kind of "coaching".
    Bingo, especially about West's comments. That is why Paul will get over the firing of Scott quickly. I mentioned before, he would need the time off to digest everything, and let some other players explain to him, that losing Scott was not such a bad thing.

By the way, I know he had to walk to do it, and he barely got the ball over the rim, but Devin actually dunked the ball. You know he must be inspired, because I did not think he could grab the rim anymore.

West may have struggled, but when he was in the game he had a +14

Hornets Loyalist since '91 Hornets85's Avatar
    Exactly TTTTT. He sabotaged JuJu's confidence by putting the fear of becoming a Did Not Play Coach's Decision for the next 10-15 games if he were to make one mistake. Meanwhile Scott's "trusted" veterans were able to stink it up on the floor. Scott would have stifled Collison and Thornton's progression the same way if he was still here.
    Last edited by Hornets85; 11-19-2009 at 10:30 PM.
    God is a Hornets fan!!!

Basketball Guru
    These last 2 games the team showed some pride knowing its still early in the season and they might could get the last seed in the playoffs....i hope we keep running the ball because everybody in the area was into the game...

Was it me or did anybody else see that when the ball didnt go through D.West or when he was not in the game,,the offense was uptempo and scored alot in the second half?.....when he got those 2 fouls early in the 3rd,,the offense took off,,got the lead and played hard to win....

every game, the rest of this season, will be an indictment on Scott's coaching ability.

Hornets Loyalist since '91 Hornets85's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKM
    every game, the rest of this season, will be an indictment on Scott's coaching ability.
    It's beginning to look like Scott was a charlatan that hit the lotto twice by being fortunate enough to have two "real" coaches on his staffs during his two head coaching stints. These two coaches being Jason Kidd in New Jersey and CP3 here.

This is what im talking about.... I had to pinch myself. I didnt think this was the hornets playing...

Great game!!!!! rookies played awesome and im shocked how well Devin is playing. All those wild shots he shoots, he can actually make them now.. lol

Exactly TTTT. He sabotaged JuJu's confidence by putting the fear of becoming a Did Not Play Coaches Cecision for the following 10-15 games if he made one mistake. While Scott's "trusted" veterans were able to stink it up on the floor. Scott would have stifled Collison and Thornton's progression the same way if he was still here.
    Scott did not hurt julian wright. He just isnt a good player. West waited 3 yrs before he broke out did that hurt his confidence? no thats just an excuse. If you can play then it will show on the court when you play.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Man Wuggie told yall bout' thornton. PERFECT spark plug off the bench.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by stbviper22
    Scott did not hurt julian wright. He just isnt a good player. West waited 3 yrs before he broke out did that hurt his confidence? no thats just an excuse. If you can play then it will show on the court when you play.
    i agree. Julian wright is just an athletic kid that can't play. He just simply does not have the talent and that DEFINITELY shows on the court. Julian wright does not deserve playing time UNLESS he shows some skill and offensive know how on the court.

David Aldridge is supposed to be asking CP about his ankle but of course he has to try the 'CP3 is unhappy about the firing of Byron Scott' issue.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/horne...game_intv.nba/

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    Thornton can be Jason Terry, and Collison tony parker (his rookie year when avery was pg of the spurs).

Collison is more like Paul than Tony. He is a better shooter than Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB
    David Aldridge is supposed to be asking CP about his ankle but of course he has to try the 'CP3 is unhappy about the firing of Byron Scott' issue.

I noticed that, and I love the way Chris quickly switched to the future and not the past. Chris new about it, that is why he does not want to continue to comment on it.

Basketball Guru Contributor
    The rebounds were awesome tonight!!

I didn't see much of the game tonight. The Panthers were playing the Dolphins and I was overruled by the rest of my family. But switching to the Hornets during commercial breaks it looked like a great game. I really wish I could have seen it. Competitive the whole way through, and a Hornets victory. Plus the S. Nash, G. Hill, & J. Richardson are all on my fantasy team and they all seemed to have a good game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB

Man DA always has something bad to say about the hornets. IN every article or even in interviews he kinda side talks. I remember during the draft he went on a rant how we should have picked Sam Young or Blair(understandable)

Nice win. The rookies continue to impress. David West continues to destroy his trade value though.

Both Collison and Thornton are also great rebounding guards despite their size.

Quote Originally Posted by ranmasama
    i agree. Julian wright is just an athletic kid that can't play. He just simply does not have the talent and that DEFINITELY shows on the court. Julian wright does not deserve playing time UNLESS he shows some skill and offensive know how on the court.
    Yes but, there has to be a coach out there that can teach the kid on how to shoot a jump shot. His follow-through is awful and his shots suffer from too much float. He also should get more lift on his jumpers as athletic as he is. That would help his jumper immensely.

There has got to be someone out there to point this out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by metalzo
    Nice win. The rookies continue to impress. David West continues to destroy his trade value though.
    I bet you are extremely impressed by thornton since you were not expecting anything from him this season.

Thread Information