Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: hornets/suns - in/post game comments

Do not underestimate the effect of not having Scott on the sideline tonight. His absence was huge. Way to play Peja, Devin, and how about those two rookies. I hope Thornton ankle is not hurt too bad.

GREAT WIN! I love our rooks! How is Thornton he seemed to have gotten hurt.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    I actually enjoyed that game a lot. So many positives.

Next up on the revenge tour, the atlanta hawks. Man, I can't believe we won two straight without cp3 and devin brown was possessed. I can't believe he ran the point nearly half the time.

Geaux N.O. Hornets!
    This team is getting better every game. Hopefully Thorton didn't tweak his ankle too bad, b/c he is a one man machine on the 2nd unit. He opens the floor up. Spacing was great, movement off of the ball was great, and we got a great win on our home floor over an elite team. Who would have though West could play so poorly and we still get a W over the suns without Paul. Don't bail on this team, they have potential.

Oh yeah, and Okafor had one of his better games in a Hornets uni. Good to see him work the glass and defend so well.

These last two wins, have Paul fired up. He will come back, like a man on fire. Once again, congrats to those two rookies. It is so nice to see recent draft picks, with the exception of Paul, contributing to our teams success.

Bring back the Turtle!
    i think devin played so well tonight to shove it right up taxi drivers rear end

Quote Originally Posted by Taxidriver
    GREAT WIN! I love our rooks! How is Thornton he seemed to have gotten hurt.
    He did not have it iced or elevated, so hopefully it is not too bad. He was on the bench and did not look to be laboring it as he stood during the timeouts. Way to go rookies

Also I LOVED Darren's 3 right in Nash's face. I found my self yelling at that point after Peja drained that 3 from the parking lot.

Way to go Bees!! Peja was THE man tonight!

Peja came up big, Great win considering it was basically without paul and west tonight.

I really thought that the players would not take Bower and co serious, but I was wrong. He has gotten everyone to buy into his philosphy and everyone seems to have given him the respect he needed. Everyone is playing harder and we are finally playing team basketball. We may not be talented enough to go far this season but we are definitely competing is most of our games. Really, that's all we can ask for this season.

The Browns are pretty good when they're not it jack-'em-up mode. Peja and Collison were HUGE in the 4th. I'd like to keep bringing Thornton off the bench -- he's perfect for that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet
    I really thought that the players would not take Bower and co serious, but I was wrong. He has gotten everyone to buy into his philosphy and everyone seems to have given him the respect he needed. Everyone is playing harder and we are finally playing team basketball. We may not be talented enough to go far this season but we are definitely competing is most of our games. Really, that's all we can ask for this season.
    I know it is only two in a row, but you can tell by this teams effort, how they were not giving it their all for Scott. Bower is not the long term answer as our coach, but the effort from the guys is what I have been looking for. We will win some games, not what many would hope for, but it appears the effort is back. Congrats to the team.

HORNETS!!!!
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by HK-47
    The Browns are pretty good when they're not it jack-'em-up mode. Peja and Collison were HUGE in the 4th. I'd like to keep bringing Thornton off the bench -- he's perfect for that role.
    If Thornton can get 25 to 30 minutes a game, off the bench, he will average around 16 pts a game.

That was such a great game! From beginning to end. Keep it up Hornets. Hold down the fort! I love high fiving people I don't know.

Collison had some money passes tonight. He and Thornton are proving to be real men of action the way they go after loose balls. These guys are our future and we should all invest in sunglasses.

Hall of Famer Contributor scedotal's Avatar
    I tend to agree Bower is not the long term answer at coach, but maybe I am wrong.

Thornton can be Jason Terry, and Collison tony parker (his rookie year when avery was pg of the spurs).

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    Thornton can be Jason Terry, and Collison tony parker (his rookie year when avery was pg of the spurs).
    I would happily take that.

Bring back the Turtle!
    love the way thornton goes after the off boards as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TTTTT
    love the way thornton goes after the off boards as well.
    And Peja too! 13 rebs!

Considering this game was on TNT, I am shocked some of the usual posters are not here enjoying this win. Hope Byron watched it, with his arms folded.

Hornets Loyalist since '91 Hornets85's Avatar
    The play of the rooks as well as the team as a whole is making Scott look like a dunce in my book. He wouldn't let the rooks get a sniff of the floor, team played uninspired defense, and there were barely any offensive sets run. David West's post firing comments are seeming more and more true as you see the team play under some kind of "coaching".
    God is a Hornets fan!!!

Thread Information