Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT, Scott fired, Bower H/C, Floyd new asst...{merged}

1:54 p.m.: Bower does not have an interim tag on his title. He is the Hornets coach, and there will be no search for a replacement. He has no experience as a head coach at any level.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...11/post_5.html

HAHA

This along with Tim Floyd re-joining this team just makes this franchise to be a joke.

I can't wait for the Hornets to join the echelon of colossal jokes of teams like the Clippers and Knicks

Bower basically said that Scott given a chance to fix the problems from last season but Bower felt that the problems he tried to fix was not the problem the Bower and co wanted him to fix... I bet it bower wanted the defensive rotations fixed.

someone should buy this for jeff bower.

So ... I come home after a long day to this? Scott gone, Bower as HC and effin Tim Floyd as an Assistant? yeah ... right.

Ladies and Gentleman ... your 2009/2010 New Orleans Hornets!

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman
    All about building towards the future- 2004 all over again.
    Except even though that was the line, we never actually built toward the future. We wanted to "win now" so we sold off first round picks for cash and signed old guys like Peja and Posey to longterm deals. This is our chance to actually do what we say and build for the future. I'm very very excited

Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Captain

HAHA

This along with Tim Floyd re-joining this team just makes this franchise to be a joke.

I can't wait for the Hornets to join the echelon of colossal jokes of teams like the Clippers and Knicks
    Of course you can't, you're not a Hornet fan

HAHA

Dude why are you here? go play on the c-raptors boards. like they arent a joke. wait till your team..i mean bosh leaves next year. please go away. you have yet to post ANYTHING of merit on this board.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    I was a different poster here at the time.

I was also ridiculed for saying signing Posey to a long term contract.
    What was your username back then?

Time for some football!!!

I can't wait to drink my concerns away at the beer garden before the game tomorrow.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkupps2415
    The players did not quit on Floyd like they did on Scott this year at all. We were a very mediocre team that stretched our record to 41-41 that year despite losing Mashburn midseason, and the constant "injuries" and whining of Baron Davis. We barely lost a game 7 to the Heat, coming back from a hue defecit to make it a close game I hardly call that quitting on the coach. I couldn't compare that to a very talented team last year that lost by 58 points at home in the playoffs. In my opinion, Scott should have been fired after last season.
    I agree. With the exception of Davis and Trashburn, didn't look like the team quit on Floyd. Had Baron not been the ***** he was in the playoffs, the Heat would have lost in the 1st round instead of winning the title.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet
    Dude why are you here? go play on the c-raptors boards. like they arent a joke. wait till your team..i mean bosh leaves next year. please go away. you have yet to post ANYTHING of merit on this board.
    Yeah I can't wait till Bosh leaves for the Knicks...then which franchise is the joke?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral
    I agree. With the exception of Davis and Trashburn, didn't look like the team quit on Floyd. Had Baron not been the ***** he was in the playoffs, the Heat would have lost in the 1st round instead of winning the title.
    They won the title in 2006 and didn't play us in the playoffs that year.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Why would the next move be relocation? There was actually a time before Chris Paul, people...Not that many of you were fans back then.
    I was. Still a fan of Baron Davis, too.

Hall of Famer Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by metalzo
    Except even though that was the line, we never actually built toward the future. We wanted to "win now" so we sold off first round picks for cash and signed old guys like Peja and Posey to longterm deals. This is our chance to actually do what we say and build for the future. I'm very very excited
    I think the team honestly thought they were building for the future, but didn't do a good job executing it. Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes, or can get someone new in here who won't make that mistake again.

But yes, I'm in no way down on this team yet. I'm more or less resigned to the fact that this is going to be a down year, but am optimistic we can work things out for the future.

I don't even like the Raptors, I just like Jose Calderon

And I really don't understand how anyone thinks any good will come of this.
    ok well go start the jose calderon fan club.
    www.ilovejosecalderon.com there you go. got your domain name right there.

get to work.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metalzo
    They won the title in 2006 and didn't play us in the playoffs that year.
    Ok, they wouldn't have wonthe first round.

I don't even like the Raptors, I just like Jose Calderon

And I really don't understand how anyone thinks any good will come of this.
    I don't understand how any good will come out of all your *****ing.

whining

Why is everyone jumping all over me for venting my frustrations?

I'm sorry that I don't share all your veiled optimism, because this is just horrible for the team.

The guy who should be fired is running this team, and no one sees any fault in that? Maybe I should leave again.
    Maybe you should be shown the door again. It sounds like you may have circumvented a ban. You have been given several chances to come clean on this issue of who you were before, and you have failed to take advantage of that opportunity. You are now banned and can take up the matter with the administrator.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    dude you really should just not post here if you are going to continuously post negative comments

Oh! Captain is gone. Let's get back on topic and leave him out of the discussion. This thread will be cleaned up later.

The Coach, Owner, GM, and Roster are all sore spots. You can't fix them all at once. Let's hope that the future includes more surprises, hopefully that draw a bit more optimism from the boards.

Jalen Rose: "He (Byron Scott) helped develop Chris Paul into one of the best point guards in the NBA."

FALSE!

For that Sir Rose you get this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMCjbzBHD-8

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jalen Rose is just as clueless as Emmit Smith but without all the knocks to the head.

And then he acts like we just got rid of Scott cuz of some hair trigger without a prior reason for doing so. Clearly means he doesn't remember, or EVER knew, about how we finished last season. This move wasn't something that just happened.

And for us to have Tim Floyd sign up to assistant coach in the SAME DAY tells me they had this worked out well in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    Jalen Rose: "He (Byron Scott) helped develop Chris Paul into one of the best point guards in the NBA."

FALSE!

For that Sir Rose you get this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMCjbzBHD-8
    For that, Jalen Rose needs to get one of these...

Thread Information