Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT, Scott fired, Bower H/C, Floyd new asst...{merged}

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    I love Kevin Durantula!

we are about to see a lot of the rookies.

Is CJ a "basketball person"?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan
    Is CJ a "basketball person"?
    i think he is the only person who considers himself a "basketball person"

Quote Originally Posted by davehornet
    One of the listed comments on the timeline on nola.com is Bower saying that he is not an interim coach. He is the head coach. No job search for the head coaching position will be conducted. He also will remain as General Manager.

Scary, if you ask me.

davehornet.

Good catch... this sucks even more.

Sure Byron had to go... but bower? FLoyd may be OK as an assistant... but Bower?

The Swagger
    I have this nasty feeling inside the Bower might have an "OK" rest of the season and we sign him to a 3-4 year contract

All of the sudden we would fall into Clipper territory(Mike Dunleavy GM/coach)

Quote Originally Posted by Tmon818
    I have this nasty feeling inside the Bower might have an "OK" rest of the season and we sign him to a 3-4 year contract

well i pray that you are wrong with the bold part lol

I'm not too worried about that. I expect us to win 30 games at best and Bower to be gone after the season. We just don't have the personnel to win that many games...IMO West, Peja, Devin Brown, MoPete, and Posey are all worse for the wear and Paris and Wright haven't progressed much if at all.

So West said they won't be as 'predicatable' as they had been. Anyone ever notice that Scott always talked about being an uptempo team but CP wouldn't exactly push the ball up to become uptempo. Was this because he didn't have players to run alongside him or because he didn't want to be uptempo?

2:18 p.m.: West says having played for Floyd before, the team will not be as "predictable" as it had been.
    Weren't people here saying things like "the Hornets have been figured out"? Is West saying the same thing?

2:14 p.m.: West describes "philosophical differences" between Scott and some players on the team. He describes the team as often "stagnant."
    2:12 p.m.: West: "I think we got to the point to where things we were doing just weren't effective."
    So he's basically saying Scott's ways weren't working.

The Swagger
    ESPN now has a Marc Stein interview up and of course he mentions our "money problems" first

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4648162

Quote Originally Posted by metalzo
    I'm not too worried about that. I expect us to win 30 games at best and Bower to be gone after the season. We just don't have the personnel to win that many games...IMO West, Peja, Devin Brown, MoPete, and Posey are all worse for the wear and Paris and Wright haven't progressed much if at all.
    sadly i agree with you, i really have not been that impressed with west this season

ESPN now has a Marc Stein interview up and of course he mentions our "money problems" first

But of course.

We've run the same offensive set for 3 years now... Denver exposed us in the playoffs. We need some variety in our offense. But Bower?

The woman in the clip referred to our new coach as "Jeff BowerS" twice

The Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by metalzo
    The woman in the clip referred to our new coach as "Jeff BowerS" twice
    She also failed to mention Floyd being a former Hornets coach but noted USC and Chicago

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Wow, what a day.

Getting rid of Scott? Great move, albeit early.

Bringing on Bower as HC? Awful move. A chicken-**** move. Looks like Shinn doesn't want to throw any extra $$ to deal with the HC headache. He better bring someone in by next season at the latest or we are in disaster mode.

Brigning back Floyd as an AC? Bad move. Shows that we need some player development and Floyd will work on that a bit, but this is a re-tread coming back. I like Floyd as a person and a college coach, but I don't want him involved with our NBA franchise. The players are not going to respect this guy. They all quit on him back in 2003-04. We have different players now, true, but even DX was a different player then. He was a rook and was pretty much a nobody in the game. Now he is someone, even if he has his own issues on the court. I don't see too many Hornets players responding well to Floyd. Peja will, but he can't hit a shot right now. And Floyd can't simply demand respect, he has to earn it.

CP3: I suspect he is as good as gone. CJ is irrelevant, but his comments tend to shed some light on CP3 may view this situation. I agree that his lack of comment does not bode well. He probably has learned that when you are really ticked off, keep your mouth shut, sleep on it, and then come back the next day.

Front Office: A total joke of a franchise. We look like the Memphis Grizzlies, who have had a lot of bad years and a couple of decent years. We are bouncing up and down just like they are. The Grizzlies are not respected league-wide and that starts and finishes with the owner, Michael Heisley.

HH: Has done a great job bringing us information. Some of you guys clearly don't like his style, but please don't knock him here. He doesn't deserve that and I would ask you all to reserve taking shots at him in public. If you don't like what he or someone else says, do what your momma says to do and keep quiet. In the alternative, respond to him in private. I want to thank HH for the committment he brings to the site. If he had not done what he did, the forum would be very disjointed today. This board is the best Hornets fan site out there, in part, because of his efforts. I am sure he has other work he must do today not related to the Hornets. And in case you haven't noticed, he is tooting the horn of the site a bit today because of all the work done. He, and others, work tirelessly to make this the best Hornets news and information site available on the web, as well as the best site for all of us to talk about it, good or bad.

Time for some football!!!

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    George: ''Jeff you **** on the floor, now you clean it up.''
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Hornet
    Wow, what a day.

Bringing on Bower as HC? Awful move. A chicken-**** move. Looks like Shinn doesn't want to throw any extra $$ to deal with the HC headache. He better bring someone in by next season at the latest or we are in disaster mode.

Brigning back Floyd as an AC? Bad move. Shows that we need some player development and Floyd will work on that a bit, but this is a re-tread coming back. I like Floyd as a person and a college coach, but I don't want him involved with our NBA franchise. The players are not going to respect this guy. They all quit on him back in 2003-04. We have different players now, true, but even DX was a different player then. He was a rook and was pretty much a nobody in the game. Now he is someone, even if he has his own issues on the court. I don't see too many Hornets players responding well to Floyd. Peja will, but he can't hit a shot right now. And Floyd can't simply demand respect, he has to earn it.

CP3: I suspect he is as good as gone. CJ is irrelevant, but his comments tend to shed some light on CP3 may view this situation. I agree that his lack of comment does not bode well. He probably has learned that when you are really ticked off, keep your mouth shut, sleep on it, and then come back the next day.

Front Office: A total joke of a franchise. We look like the Memphis Grizzlies, who have had a lot of bad years and a couple of decent years. We are bouncing up and down just like they are. The Grizzlies are not respected league-wide and that starts and finishes with the owner, Michael Heisley.

HH: Has done a great job bringing us information. Some of you guys clearly don't like his style, but please don't knock him here. He doesn't deserve that and I would ask you all to reserve taking shots at him in public. If you don't like what he or someone else says, do what your momma says to do and keep quiet. In the alternative, respond to him in private. I want to thank HH for the committment he brings to the site. If he had not done what he did, the forum would be very disjointed today. This board is the best Hornets fan site out there, in part, because of his efforts. I am sure he has other work he must do today not related to the Hornets. And in case you haven't noticed, he is tooting the horn of the site a bit today because of all the work done. He, and others, work tirelessly to make this the best Hornets news and information site available on the web, as well as the best site for all of us to talk about it, good or bad.

Totally agree!

I am the GrooGrux King Contributor DenatureX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    George: ''Jeff you **** on the floor, now you clean it up.''
    My new signature.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Well put.

Wow, what a day.

Please elaborate!

Scott is gone... wow... I'm in shock Let's go Bower

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Chris is about as good as gone, might as well face the reality now rather than down the road.

How long do you think CP3 will stand losing. He loves winning. This team as is, can not win. If he's already fustrated less than 10 games in, how do you think he'll feel as 1 season.... then 2 seasons? There's your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg
    Lottery (top-5) here we come!
    I wish..

Thread Information