Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT, Scott fired, Bower H/C, Floyd new asst...{merged}

If CP3 is mad that Scott is gone, and really thinks Scott could turn this team around, then he's delusional. Which probably means there is no way to keep him happy anyway. What should they have done? Keep Scott to make CP3 happy? Keep losing, and then have CP3 leave when contract is up anyway.

CP3 is no Baron Davis. He will play the role of the earnest soldier. He will say the right things and play hard. Making moves now actually gives them a chance to put a team around him before the contract runs out. He may not like it, but they have a better chance to keep him.

I don't blame him for having little faith in the b-ball ops. But that was not a problem when they won 56 games. Winning is the only cure. Winning was not happening with Scott.

The Hornets overspent to bring in Peja -- which was necessary at the time (although who knows if they could have offered him a 4 year deal and still got him?). Then, they thought they were close, and they forgot they were a small market team, plus Scott only wants to play grizzled veterans and they got into cap purgatory with a bunch of old overpaid role players. This needs to be the first step toward rebuilding on the fly and becoming a more disciplined small market team -- a la the Spurs. But what I do not see is the commitment to beefing up scouting and coaching depth so they can uncover and develop the Manu's and George Hill's of the second round and beyond. That ain't just luck Mr. Shinn and sons.

I still don't see reason to panic. We have the talent. If you watch these games, we lose because no one tries on defense and when brown or peja touch the ball they just jack it up. These are problems that are fixed through coaching. A coach can bring back intensity and defense. Why do we rebuild? To get a team that will be even worse eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan
    If CP3 is mad that Scott is gone, and really thinks Scott could turn this team around, then he's delusional. Which probably means there is no way to keep him happy anyway. What should they have done? Keep Scott to make CP3 happy? Keep losing, and then have CP3 leave when contract is up anyway.

CP3 is no Baron Davis. He will play the role of the earnest soldier. He will say the right things and play hard. Making moves now actually gives them a chance to put a team around him before the contract runs out. He may not like it, but they have a better chance to keep him.

I don't blame him for having little faith in the b-ball ops. But that was not a problem when they won 56 games. Winning is the only cure. Winning was not happening with Scott.

The Hornets overspent to bring in Peja -- which was necessary at the time (although who knows if they could have offered him a 4 year deal and still got him?). Then, they thought they were close, and they forgot they were a small market team, plus Scott only wants to play grizzled veterans and they got into cap purgatory with a bunch of old overpaid role players. This needs to be the first step toward rebuilding on the fly and becoming a more disciplined small market team -- a la the Spurs. But what I do not see is the commitment to beefing up scouting and coaching depth so they can uncover and develop the Manu's and George Hill's of the second round and beyond. That ain't just luck Mr. Shinn and sons.
    Good post Big Fan.

Bringing it back to the bottom of the map!

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Captain
    Okafor isn't a right fit for this team
    With this statement, something tells me you stay at a Motel 6 instead of Holiday Inn Express last night.

Please think before you post. Better yet, don't post.

All-Star Contributor
    If CP3 is mad that Scott is gone
    I seriously doubt this happened without Paul's approval. While I don't see him getting excited over Bower and Floyd, he ain't crying over Scott.

nola.com has updates from the press conference. David west is talking now. Yall should check it out.

if this has been posted else where, my bad.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    So...saying that we head to the lottery what player could we potentially get a hold of? Anyone look into that yet?

friday night just got a whole lot interesting

Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbs91
    nola.com has updates from the press conference. David west is talking now. Yall should check it out.

a link to the updates on the firing:

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...11/post_5.html

very telling:

2:18 p.m.: West says having played for Floyd before, the team will not be as "predictable" as it had been.

2:14 p.m.: West describes "philosophical differences" between Scott and some players on the team. He describes the team as often "stagnant."

2:12 p.m.: West: "I think we got to the point to where things we were doing just weren't effective."

Another good post.

"Chris Paul had a prior commitment and wont be available for comment until friday"

Simple:

West isn't getting enough shots.
    Okafor isn't getting enough looks.
    Peja is getting too many looks
    Devin Brown and Bobby Brown shoot everytime they touch the ball.
    When we were #2 in the West we loved the fast break, this is why Julian needs to start, he is an excellent wing to run the fast break opposed to what we have. Thornton could also be good running the break.
    Play the rookies more.
    Diogu needs to come back soon.
    And the BIG PROBLEM. NO DEFENSE!!!!!! NO ONE MOVES. CONDITION THEM BETTER AT PRACTICE. SIMPLE.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    very telling:

2:18 p.m.: West says having played for Floyd before, the team will not be as "predictable" as it had been.

2:14 p.m.: West describes "philosophical differences" between Scott and some players on the team. He describes the team as often "stagnant."

2:12 p.m.: West: "I think we got to the point to where things we were doing just weren't effective."
    BOOM!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral
    With this statement, something tells me you stay at a Motel 6 instead of Holiday Inn Express last night.

Please think before you post. Better yet, don't post.

i agree!

The Franchise
    very telling:

Wow I've been keeping quiet trying to digest all this, but reading this is pretty shocking. Maybe Scott really did lose control of the team, atleast West anyway.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well I don't like this:

1:57 p.m.: Weber: "We're not in a rebuilding mode."
    But that could be a ploy so that teams don't think we're in fire sale mode and give us crap value on trades. I hope it is. I really hope Bower doesn't make some stupid trade at the deadline to get a few more wins this season like acquiring Stephen Jackson....

I said in an earlier post in this thread that the team was stale and stagnant. D West took the words from my fingers!!!

Starter
    All you had to do is watch the games. The team was disinterested.

"Chris Paul had a prior commitment and wont be available for comment until friday"
    I think this is good. Don't say anything right now. You know people are just waiting to throw extra words in his mouth.

DWest needs to chill and start playing better basketball. Mr. Allstar needs to look at his production and see that he got the coach fired. Maybe he's happy to have the coach back that drafted him in the first place. Timmy "Worst Coach in Nba History" Floyd.

CP3 I hope you defect like BD and Mashburn. This team has no direction or vision. For years I said this team has lack a true scouting department and now we feel the effect of an older team and no developing of younger players. We can blame BS and he deserve some blame but Bower also played a part in this whole drama. I agree with BS being fired but I also think Bower should be packing also.

I cannot wait for Fridays game..I see the light at the end of the tunnel...i really do

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB
    I think this is good. Don't say anything right now. You know people are just waiting to throw extra words in his mouth.
    Paul's brother didn't wait to chime in....

http://twitter.com/cjpaul14/status/5657730109
    Today has not been a good day. The Team let go of Coach Scott which I think was a very good coach.He's the only NBA coach my bro has known.

Paul's brother didn't wait to chime in....

http://twitter.com/cjpaul14/status/5657730109
    Today has not been a good day. The Team let go of Coach Scott which I think was a very good coach.He's the only NBA coach my bro has known.
    Not sure what i think of C.J. It seems like he is living his life through his brother.

Thread Information