Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT, Scott fired, Bower H/C, Floyd new asst...{merged}

I was on way to sleeping when I checked out this site. Two hours and 221 posts later, I can't even sit still for more than five seconds.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    This paves the way for Chris' eventual departure. He has zero faith in this organization's basketball operations. What a mess. This was a total fail.

I'm still laughing at the thought that people actually want Avery Johnson and JVG here.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    This paves the way for Chris' eventual departure. He has zero faith in this organization's basketball operations. What a mess. This was a total fail.
    i 100% agree.

i want to read an interview with him right now...see what he says about this mess.

i am willing to bet he aint happy. . .

Long off season Contributor killah's Avatar
    I heard the Z's fired Boudreaux as their mascot, does he know anything about basketball? We need a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    If that's true then you are right...total disaster and forget about rebuilding we're going to have to wait for the next franchise player to come around if he ever does. However I disagree with you. I think Paul sticks around at least 2 years and probably 3 and we should show some real progress by then and maybe even contend in his final year convincing him to stay. Also like I've said, his attitude to me seems more like a KG who stayed through many more years of mediocrity at best. And this is coming from perhaps the biggest pessimist when it comes to the Hornets having been burned so many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by metalzo
    If that's true then you are right...total disaster and forget about rebuilding we're going to have to wait for the next franchise player to come around if he ever does. However I disagree with you. I think Paul sticks around at least 2 years and probably 3 and we should some real progress by then and maybe even contend in his final year convincing him to stay. Also like I've said, his attitude to me seems more like a KG who stayed through many more years of mediocrity at best.
    That is VERY wishful thinking. If I were Paul, I would want out like right now.

I am the GrooGrux King Contributor DenatureX's Avatar
    Now that Bower is the HC, how will him being the GM also go? He will now have less time for GM stuff now that he has to concentrate on being a HC. Or is he maybe just a figure head as coach and is Floyd the one actaully "running" the team?

Quote Originally Posted by killah
    He can want out all he wants but he's under contract for 2 more years. And he is VERY unlikely to turn down the 3rd year at 18 million especially with the cap projected to shrink.

Now on to D. West.
    Who do you think we get for him?

He can want out all he wants but he's under contract for 2 more years. And he is VERY unlikely to turn down the 3rd year at 18 million especially with the cap projected to shrink.
    Players in the NBA have ways of getting their way, unless you forgot about Baron Davis. Paul isn't just any player mind you, franchises like the Knicks would love him to be the toast of the town. You can bet trade offers will be coming in now or the near future for CP3.

Quote Originally Posted by YunDiesel
    Now on to D. West.
    Who do you think we get for him?
    Package him with Paris Hilton for:

Taj Gibson
    Brad Miller (expiring)
    1st or 2nd round pick (depending on whether West can pick his play up as the season progresses)

Players in the NBA have ways of getting their way, unless you forgot about Baron Davis. Paul isn't just any player mind you, franchises like the Knicks would love him to be the toast of the town. You can bet trade offers will be coming in now or the near future for CP3.
    And you can bet we will refuse to trade him and he is no Baron Davis. Like I said, the analogy is KG in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchexnaydre
    This is just the first domino...
    Yes sir...not too soon and not too late as well

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB
    So far only Louisiana agrees with the firing. Figures. Most people nationally still know him as the coach of the year 2 years ago who went to the finals twice in a row against NJ. These are the same people who think Tyson for Emeka was an even swap

EDIT: Delaware agrees now too...all 15 of them

I was okay until I saw Tim Floyd name. Somebody save me, not Tim Floyd again.
    The positive thing about bring Tim Floyd back is maybe we can see a round II between him and Gerry V.

And you can bet we will refuse to trade him and he is no Baron Davis. Like I said, the analogy is KG in my mind.
    Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Glenn Rice, Eddie Jones, Baron Davis.

Its happened before, so you can't say it will never happen

Anybody think we could trade west to someone with Mo Pete and Peja just to get rid of the dead weight? At least then we would go in to hte offseason with the ability to make moves!

Quote Originally Posted by Fartman
    all the drama queens, Jesus. Let the guy play one game and we'll see how this pans out. Maybe Bower isn't such a bad idea. Face it, if the guy makes it bad then next season we will have both new GM and HC... And Floyd was a great college coach who now might be a lot more mature than he was in his first nba span, this can work but nothing is written in stone at this point.

i agree with you. people are too quick with their judgements. the team was stagnant and stale, time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Captain
    Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Eddie Jones, Baron Davis.

Its happened before, so you can't say it will never happen
    We traded LJ for Mason which was a great trade IMO. Zo left because of a major feud with Shinn not because the team sucked. Eddie Jones was getting injured and not the same player when he left. And as for Baron, his personality is tremendously different than Paul. Look you could be right I'm just saying I don't see it happening.

So far only Louisiana agrees with the firing. Figures. Most people nationally still know him as the coach of the year 2 years ago who went to the finals twice in a row against NJ. These are the same people who think Tyson for Emeka was an even swap

EDIT: Delaware agrees now too...all 15 of them
    I voted yes..I only wish hell yes! was an option

What a complete JOKE this organization is! Bower as head coach? Floyd, who failed before, coming back? Absolute JOKE! Shinn should be ashamed to call himself an NBA owner as this is transparent as it comes. He does not want to spend money for a real coach, so he puts Bower (his perpetual "yes man") in charge and hires a reject like Floyd to come in and actually do the "coaching" without giving him the head coaching pay or title because of how ridiculous it would look to bring him back. However, Tim embarrassed himself in college and now would take any role given to him. Wow!

paul can't get out. there is a CONTRACT, a Legal binding document. he's also paid extremely well.

I remember suggesting trading West 2 years ago for Josh Smith and Acie Law and I was maligned by everyone on this board.

Thread Information