Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT, Scott fired, Bower H/C, Floyd new asst...{merged}

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Floyd. Atleast he'll put some passion into this team.

I can't wait for that Portland game and how this team responds to all of this.

I come here and see sooooooooo many people on board and I'm like ... 'wait, something is going on, too many people on right now'. And I come and find this. Wow.

I don't understand all this doom and gloom. As I see it we're on the road to 25-30 wins which is right where I wanted us to be. Hopefully HH is right again and Bower is gone after the season giving way to a young assistant coach from elsewhere taking over. This gives us the opportunity to start fresh with new management and hopefully new scouting and a lottery pick (maybe even top 3). I'm thrilled...I guess I just wasn't expecting them to salvage this season but I don't understand why people are upset.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    It's going to get worse before it gets better. Much worse. I told you guys to be careful of what you wished for. Congrats...you got your wishes. This team's basketball operations is in shambles.
    I had the same view point.. I guess I picked a good season to get married and buy a house.. I'll be able to get club seats not when ever I want them for about 10 bucks now.. Woohoo for me I guess

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    Jeff Bower new HC
    Tim Floyd new AC

Per ESPN
    Per HR.com over 45 minutes ago

Isnt Tim Floyd the Bulls coach who set an NBA record?

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP
    Floyd is not respected in the NBA. What kind of passion are you looking for? If it's positive, that won't be the case.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Well, heres to the future!

the best place for hornets news

Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    what do you base that on? floyd is a lame duck assistant along with bower as a lame duck front office job.

Floyd is not respected in the NBA. What kind of passion are you looking for? If it's positive, that won't be the case.
    Sure but does it really matter? He's an assistant coach. His job is basically to tutor the young players no? Maybe he'll have a hand in game management but I honestly think he might be ok in an assistant capacity which has way more in common with the college game where he has excelled. Also he can't be much worse than our current assistants right?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    IDC if he's not respected in the NBA. He'll require respect from the players. While he's only an assistant, we've seen enough of him to know that he won't sit back and let them play with no heart. He won't sit back and watch like Byron does.

I'm not asking for wins, I'm just asking for some heart. I think Floyd will bring that out of this team, if that's by throwing a chair across the court than so be it.

Oh boy....

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB
    I come here and see sooooooooo many people on board and I'm like ... 'wait, something is going on, too many people on right now'. And I come and find this. Wow.
    lol same here i step away for ten minutes and I see 400 somethign members on. I'm like oh no who just got traded, fired, etc.

i dont care if things get worse....we needed a change. Do I think Bower and Floyd will help? Of course not.

But we now have a scapegoat as the reason to ship players off, make trades.....we are in for a DISASTER of a season, but it gives us the chance to fix everything in 2 years....We needed this even if this season will result in less than 30 wins...im fine with that.

Right now I think I could put a better staff of assistants together from this site.

Quote Originally Posted by ParisHornet
    Isnt Tim Floyd the Bulls coach who set an NBA record?
    And the same one who made BD and Magloire stretch out on the street because they bought their own people to stretch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat 3
    i dont care if things get worse....we needed a change. Do I think Bower and Floyd will help? Of course not.

But we now have a scapegoat as the reason to ship players off, make trades.....we are in for a DISASTER of a season, but it gives us the chance to fix everything in 2 years....We needed this even if this season will result in less than 30 wins...im fine with that.

IDC if he's not respected in the NBA. He'll require respect from the players. While he's only an assistant, we've seen enough of him to know that he won't sit back and let them play with no heart. He won't sit back and watch like Byron does.

I'm not asking for wins, I'm just asking for some heart. I think Floyd will bring that out of this team, if that's by throwing a chair across the court than so be it.
    I'm looking at the big picture. This move makes us look like the dumbest basketball operations organization in the league. What respected coach/gm would want to be part of this circus?

The familiar face that I think will be announced was here just before Byron...

This nightmare that is the hornets basketball operations keeps getting worse. Bower stepping in as head coach and this goof...possibly the worst head coach in NBA history....returning as a key assistant.

Tim freakin Floyd. well he did take UNO to the NCAA tournament.
    But that means nuthin in the NBA

Yeah, I know HH..I was poking fun at ESPN..and FAILED

Hey guys cheer up..do you know what this means...NO Byron..NO Byron rotations! Devin Brown..you're going to the bench. Thornton and JuJu (again) welcome to the starting line-up! Collison's minutes should be going up. Whitney Houston's husbands - down. WOOOOOOOH! I'm excited about seeing the actual changes on the floor! This should be fun!

All-Star Contributor
    Maybe he can illegally recruit O.J. Mayo to the Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerhead
    And the same one who made BD and Magloire stretch out on the street because they bought their own people to stretch them.
    naw that was Scott

Everyone knows we weren't going anywhere this year so I don't see a reason to be upset. We weren't going to win a championship with Scott or our current roster. If we rebuild now we'll be in contention sooner than letting this drag on.

Thread Information