.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 466

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT, Scott fired, Bower H/C, Floyd new asst...{merged}

  1. #351
    Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,376
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe311
    Please elaborate!
    Please watch as the situation unfolds. Where is he today? Look at his brother's comments? There are signs all over the place. Then look at Cleveland and their situation with Lebron since Day 1.

    This org is in serious turmoil as of this moment with unhappy players and a front office that has lost control of the situation. Do you think a guy like Paul is going to sit around through all of this? I don't see it. I don't like the NBA's business model. I don't like guaranteed contracts. I don't like prima donna players who basically get what they want when they want. But it is what it is, and right now it is **** around here.


    Time for some football!!!

  2. #352
    Bringing back Tim Floyd: GREAT MOVE.

    He is a defensive minded coach. Our biggest weakness: DEFENSE.

    He is fiery and is a great motivator of his players. If you have watched a single game this year, you know our players quit on Scott and gave NO EFFORT.

    To everyone saying he was bad when he coached here, you are very wrong. He did fine as our coach. His problems were rooted in the ****ty attitudes of Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn. D-West liked him as a coach, so I am sure he is fine with this. Tim Floyd was an excellent hire in my opinion.

  3. #353
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    The players in 2004 quit on Floyd like they did on Scott this year, Floyd is no great motivator and has not won an NBA playoff series in his coaching career.
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

  4. #354
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Shreveport (Due to Katrina)
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by metalzo
    Relax guys...Bower would just be an interim coach until they can find the right guy (hopefully a young assistant with some fire) in the offseason. The way I see it even if it's Bower I'd rather get rid of Scott now than wait until the offseason. At least this way we can send a message that this team needs major changes and those start right now.
    Precisely! Byron as a coach here had run its course. A leader who doesn't take responsibility is no leader at all and should go. Byron seemed to not want to get his hands dirty when mud got too thick. A coach must hold himself accountable when his team is not performing up to par. Scott wasn't truly interested in that part of the job.
    HANGIN' IN THE PELICANS ROOST!!

  5. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    The players in 2004 quit on Floyd like they did on Scott this year, Floyd is no great motivator and has not won an NBA playoff series in his coaching career.
    The sad part is... While we know that Bower will be the HC in name, Floyd is really going to be the coach behind the scenes. Worst day ever.

  6. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    The players in 2004 quit on Floyd like they did on Scott this year, Floyd is no great motivator and has not won an NBA playoff series in his coaching career.

    The players did not quit on Floyd like they did on Scott this year at all. We were a very mediocre team that stretched our record to 41-41 that year despite losing Mashburn midseason, and the constant "injuries" and whining of Baron Davis. We barely lost a game 7 to the Heat, coming back from a hue defecit to make it a close game I hardly call that quitting on the coach. I couldn't compare that to a very talented team last year that lost by 58 points at home in the playoffs. In my opinion, Scott should have been fired after last season.

  7. #357
    i like to see jeff bower coach and see how he does,hell who knows might lite a fire under some of the guys to know your playing for they guy who negotiate your contracts.

  8. #358
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by jkupps2415
    The players did not quit on Floyd like they did on Scott this year at all. We were a very mediocre team that stretched our record to 41-41 that year despite losing Mashburn midseason, and the constant "injuries" and whining of Baron Davis. We barely lost a game 7 to the Heat. I couldn't compare that to a very talented team last year that lost by 58 points at home in the playoffs. In my opinion, Scott should have been fired after last season.
    Heat players were talling Davis to 'get up' after faking injuries and Mashburn was sent home in the middle of that series. Don't try to tell me they didn't quit.

  9. #359
    so excited scott is gone. even if we win 20 games this year....gives us a chance to right the ship over the next 2 years for cp3.....mush rather a fast sink with time to rebuild then let scott slowly sink us in time for cp3s contract to be up.

    best day ever...now we actually have a chance to keep CP3. with scott we had no chance.

  10. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    The players in 2004 quit on Floyd like they did on Scott this year, Floyd is no great motivator and has not won an NBA playoff series in his coaching career.
    Our line-up was Baron, Magloire, and Mashburn.....3 drama queens.

  11. #361
    Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    The players in 2004 quit on Floyd like they did on Scott this year, Floyd is no great motivator and has not won an NBA playoff series in his coaching career.
    Which is why he is an assisstant coach. Bower has ZERO head coaching experience. I think Floyd is here to help him out. I pray that Shinn does not think either of these two are long term answers. I read somewhere the Bower will not have the "interim" head coach tag. I swear if he is the head coach past this year I will riot.
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

  12. #362
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    Bower said no search will be conducted, I'm wondering if that means a search right now or after the season?

  13. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by whoah whoah
    Which is why he is an assisstant coach. Bower has ZERO head coaching experience. I think Floyd is here to help him out. I pray that Shinn does not think either of these two are long term answers. I read somewhere the Bower will not have the "interim" head coach tag. I swear if he is the head coach past this year I will riot.
    OMG, This is actually possible. I am officially flabbergasted!

  14. #364
    Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,376
    Quote Originally Posted by jkupps2415
    Bringing back Tim Floyd: GREAT MOVE.

    He is a defensive minded coach. Our biggest weakness: DEFENSE.

    He is fiery and is a great motivator of his players. If you have watched a single game this year, you know our players quit on Scott and gave NO EFFORT.

    To everyone saying he was bad when he coached here, you are very wrong. He did fine as our coach. His problems were rooted in the ****ty attitudes of Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn. D-West liked him as a coach, so I am sure he is fine with this. Tim Floyd was an excellent hire in my opinion.
    If the current roster can quit on one coach, they can quit on any coach. Floyd is not going to get it done. The best case scenario with him is that he will put in time trying to develop the youth and he is a good x and o guy. That's it. he brings nothing else. Unfortunately, you need a baby-sitting kind of coach in the NBA. That's just the way it rolls. Floyd has proven that he can't motivate these players. Maybe when they were younger, but not now.

  15. #365
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet603
    Our line-up was Baron, Magloire, and Mashburn.....3 drama queens.
    Those drama queens weren't even pathetic enough to lose by 58. this team is a joke.

  16. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Heat players were talling Davis to 'get up' after faking injuries and Mashburn was sent home in the middle of that series. Don't try to tell me they didn't quit.

    Yes, if you read my post you would realize that I agreed Baron Davis quit on Floyd. He was a drama queen, and he quit on the franchise/city as a whole. Thus, Floyd still managed a respectable record and 7 game series without basically his top player who was nothing but a headcase.

  17. #367
    Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat 3
    so excited scott is gone. even if we win 20 games this year....gives us a chance to right the ship over the next 2 years for cp3.....mush rather a fast sink with time to rebuild then let scott slowly sink us in time for cp3s contract to be up.

    best day ever...now we actually have a chance to keep CP3. with scott we had no chance.
    I disagree. I don't see CP sitting through this rebuilding process, despite Hugh Weber's denial of that characterization. I hope I am totally wrong, but I don't think I am. CP would languish in obscurity for the next 2 seasons until we get contracts cleared from the books and a new HC is brought in. And one better be brought in much sooner than that.

    And the Hornets essentially backed into the playoffs in 2003-04. That series was the best they had played in months. This guy is a re-tread.

  18. #368
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    A respectable 7 game series with the 41-41 Heat.

  19. #369
    Starter gabe311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Hornet
    Please watch as the situation unfolds. Where is he today? Look at his brother's comments? There are signs all over the place. Then look at Cleveland and their situation with Lebron since Day 1.

    This org is in serious turmoil as of this moment with unhappy players and a front office that has lost control of the situation. Do you think a guy like Paul is going to sit around through all of this? I don't see it. I don't like the NBA's business model. I don't like guaranteed contracts. I don't like prima donna players who basically get what they want when they want. But it is what it is, and right now it is **** around here.
    CP under contract through 12-13. Roster flexability in 11-12. That's the make or break point in my mind. Until then, CP and CJ can do nothing but complain on twitter. Ownership knows that w/out CP this franchise is absoutely worthless and would be stupid to give in to trade demands b/c the next step from there would have to be relocation.

  20. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    A respectable 7 game series with the 41-41 Heat.

    Have you seen our roster from that year? We weren't exactly the cream of the NBA that season either my friend. Either way, last year's roster was much more talented and we lost by 58 points at home.

  21. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe311
    CP under contract through 13-14. Roster flexability in 11-12. That's the make or break point in my mind. Until then, CP and CJ can do nothing but complain on twitter. Ownership knows that w/out CP this franchise is absoutely worthless and would be stupid to give in to trade demands b/c the next step from there would have to be relocation.
    Doesn't CP3 have a player option before 13-14 though?
    I agree about the flexibility period where we have to go score some major players to keep Paul.

  22. #372
    Hall of Famer Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Hornet
    Please watch as the situation unfolds. Where is he today? Look at his brother's comments? There are signs all over the place. Then look at Cleveland and their situation with Lebron since Day 1.

    This org is in serious turmoil as of this moment with unhappy players and a front office that has lost control of the situation. Do you think a guy like Paul is going to sit around through all of this? I don't see it. I don't like the NBA's business model. I don't like guaranteed contracts. I don't like prima donna players who basically get what they want when they want. But it is what it is, and right now it is **** around here.

    The only good thing is that we've got basically three seasons to try to right the ship. If Bower's gone after this year- which I suspect- than we've still got hope that we can get someone in here that know's what their doing before Paul's contract is up.

    Two or three years down the road is entirely too far to predict- remember Scott's first year, when all looked hopeless and everyone thought this team was going to be terrible for the foreseeable future? Or 2007, when everyone thought we had the chance to contend for the next few seasons? Things can change quicker than we imagine.

    If nothing of note happens at the end of this season, or at some point in the next, then I'll start to panic. Until then I remain cautiously hopeful.

  23. #373
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    Why would the next move be relocation? There was actually a time before Chris Paul, people...Not that many of you were fans back then.

  24. #374
    Starter gabe311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by BhamHornet
    Doesn't CP3 have a player option before 13-14 though?
    I agree about the flexibility period where we have to go score some major players to keep Paul.
    Ahh, yes I believe you are correct. If that is the case, scratch my comment!

  25. #375
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman
    The only good thing is that we've got basically three seasons to try to right the ship. If Bower's gone after this year- which I suspect- than we've still got hope that we can get someone in here that know's what their doing before Paul's contract is up.

    Two or three years down the road is entirely too far to predict- remember Scott's first year, when all looked hopeless and everyone thought this team was going to be terrible for the foreseeable future? Or 2007, when everyone thought we had the chance to contend for the next few seasons? Things can change quicker than we imagine.

    If nothing of note happens at the end of this season, or at some point in the next, then I'll start to panic. Until then I remain cautiously hopeful.

    If Bower isn't the head coach by next November it will be Tim Floyd. Bower has already stated that a search will not be conducted.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •