.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 466

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT, Scott fired, Bower H/C, Floyd new asst...{merged}

  1. #251
    pita Contributor JPHesterly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    What a complete JOKE this organization is! Bower as head coach? Floyd, who failed before, coming back? Absolute JOKE! Shinn should be ashamed to call himself an NBA owner as this is transparent as it comes. He does not want to spend money for a real coach, so he puts Bower (his perpetual "yes man") in charge and hires a reject like Floyd to come in and actually do the "coaching" without giving him the head coaching pay or title because of how ridiculous it would look to bring him back. However, Tim embarrassed himself in college and now would take any role given to him. Wow!
    Shinn has got to sell the team to Chouest.

  2. #252
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Captain
    I remember suggesting trading West 2 years ago for Josh Smith and Acie Law and I was maligned by everyone on this board.
    i doubt you've only had 22 posts in two years, what was your old s\n?
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  3. #253
    pita Contributor JPHesterly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    This paves the way for Chris' eventual departure. He has zero faith in this organization's basketball operations. What a mess. This was a total fail.
    eventual departure? doesn't everything come to an end?

  4. #254
    The Franchise metalzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Captain
    I remember suggesting trading West 2 years ago for Josh Smith and Acie Law and I was maligned by everyone on this board.
    I don't remember you suggesting that, especially since your first post was 11/6/09, unless you've been banned before and came back? And I would have applauded that move for Josh Smith then and today.

  5. #255
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! fullcourtpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,432
    He, once again, demonstrated his crazy ways. The dude couldn't spell the word evaluate.

    When a coach believes a player (he was very familiar with) is his best option at SG; How does he go to the inactive the list the next day?

    When a coach doesn't believe a player (he was very familiar with) deserves a minute in the first games; How does he get tabbed as a starter within a day?

    JuJu was a starter. next thing you know, posey is playing in the fourth with collison and thorton. I know he made a mistake, but it he wont pull his boys devin, posey and west for anything. And we need rebounding

    The year we lost to the Spurs in a tight game 7, Scott:
    didn't play Rasual Butler a minute (although he was our best SG the next year and was valued by Pat Riley previously).
    Hence; we absorb Bonzi Wells, Mike Jame's contract because we only had one capable SG- and he was a PG! (Pargo)

    We also had Chris Anderson. I know about the drug thing; but Denver was just a few months later. With Chris Anderson and Rasual Butler playing that year I believe we beat SA.

    Posey puts his arms around him during time-outs
    Devin is his golf buddy

    PLUS he wants to be a Laker. He should be thankful he had had a HOF PG throughout his career.

  6. #256
    I was a different poster here at the time.

    I was also ridiculed for saying signing Posey to a long term contract.

  7. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Captain
    I remember suggesting trading West 2 years ago for Josh Smith and Acie Law and I was maligned by everyone on this board.
    Is it me or is the entire board against you? Maybe you should get fired, too.

  8. #258
    You're TBS Very Funny

  9. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress
    He, once again, demonstrated his crazy ways. The dude couldn't spell the word evaluate.

    When a coach believes a player (he was very familiar with) is his best option at SG; How does he go to the inactive the list the next day?

    When a coach doesn't believe a player (he was very familiar with) deserves a minute in the first games; How does he get tabbed as a starter within a day?

    JuJu was a starter. next thing you know, posey is playing in the fourth with collison and thorton. I know he made a mistake, but it he wont pull his boys devin, posey and west for anything. And we need rebounding

    The year we lost to the Spurs in a tight game 7, Scott:
    didn't play Rasual Butler a minute (although he was our best SG the next year and was valued by Pat Riley previously).
    Hence; we absorb Bonzi Wells, Mike Jame's contract because we only had one capable SG- and he was a PG! (Pargo)

    We also had Chris Anderson. I know about the drug thing; but Denver was just a few months later. With Chris Anderson and Rasual Butler playing that year I believe we beat SA.

    Posey puts his arms around him during time-outs
    Devin is his golf buddy

    PLUS he wants to be a Laker. He should be thankful he had had a HOF PG throughout his career.
    TWICE! At that

  10. #260
    top coaching candidates

    1. jvg
    2. tom thibidoux
    3. jeff horneckeck.

  11. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Magloire grew as a player and learned his trade under Brian Hill...before Floyd took over. Floyd inherited a good situation with Magloire.

    As far as the "real basketball minds" go....why is it that the rest of the NBA thinks he's a joke? There is a difference between being a basketball guy and an NBA basketball guy.
    First, I think Byron was a scapegoat. Second, the players in the NBA think he is a joke because of that fraternity. Coaches do not think that especially X and O guys and not the former players. Third, I agree Floyd could never be a head coach again because of my second point. However, he is a great technician and that is why I believe Bower brought him back as his first assistant. I think that role can work because of guys like Chris Paul and because Bower is still GM. I'm not saying this is the answer, far from it but I think you will see alot more creativity in the game planning and more effort on game night. I also believe Floyd can help improve the defense, he's well known in coaching circles for that. We have 3 All-Stars on this roster if they can get a spark we might all be surprised. Now, If there is a player revolt comming over Byron, all bets are off but I don't think these guys will do that.

    Harvey, I repect your insight and info but you are wrong about what coaches think of him. I have a foot in the coaches circle and I know what his rep is. Think about it, Bower knows what the public perception of him is, but I think he is willing to risk the negative feedback because he knows who the real guy is.

  12. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaninc68
    i doubt you've only had 22 posts in two years, what was your old s\n?
    My money is on he's the guy that started the thread about PJ Brown being dead a few years ago

  13. #263
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerhead
    Is it me or is the entire board against you? Maybe you should get fired, too.
    haha

  14. #264
    Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Center of the Universe
    Posts
    11,277
    Quote Originally Posted by metalzo
    Sure but does it really matter? He's an assistant coach. His job is basically to tutor the young players no? Maybe he'll have a hand in game management but I honestly think he might be ok in an assistant capacity which has way more in common with the college game where he has excelled. Also he can't be much worse than our current assistants right?
    I'm glad someone brought this up before I did. I don't think Floyd is bad as an assistant (should have been how he started his pro career). I am almost certain (IMHO) that Bower will let him develop the plays to keep the Princeton O around. Not having to deal witht he personalities as a HC may actually benefit Tim.

    JMHO though.

  15. #265
    I would love Tom Thibodeau to coach here. This team needs a good defensive minded coach

  16. #266
    One of the listed comments on the timeline on nola.com is Bower saying that he is not an interim coach. He is the head coach. No job search for the head coaching position will be conducted. He also will remain as General Manager.

    Scary, if you ask me.

    davehornet.

  17. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress
    He, once again, demonstrated his crazy ways. The dude couldn't spell the word evaluate.

    When a coach believes a player (he was very familiar with) is his best option at SG; How does he go to the inactive the list the next day?

    When a coach doesn't believe a player (he was very familiar with) deserves a minute in the first games; How does he get tabbed as a starter within a day?

    JuJu was a starter. next thing you know, posey is playing in the fourth with collison and thorton. I know he made a mistake, but it he wont pull his boys devin, posey and west for anything. And we need rebounding

    The year we lost to the Spurs in a tight game 7, Scott:
    didn't play Rasual Butler a minute (although he was our best SG the next year and was valued by Pat Riley previously).
    Hence; we absorb Bonzi Wells, Mike Jame's contract because we only had one capable SG- and he was a PG! (Pargo)

    We also had Chris Anderson. I know about the drug thing; but Denver was just a few months later. With Chris Anderson and Rasual Butler playing that year I believe we beat SA.

    Posey puts his arms around him during time-outs
    Devin is his golf buddy

    PLUS he wants to be a Laker. He should be thankful he had had a HOF PG throughout his career.
    "Yes!" as Albert says! Bass too! Couldn't get more than 5 minutes a game! Scott seemed reluctant to take any chances on the court too, his teams played liked they were handcuffed by him.

  18. #268
    This is ridiculous. I wanted Byron to be dismissed but this is a mess. GET A REAL COACH! Not Bower and Floyd.

  19. #269
    504 Contributor chubbs91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Old Metairie, LA
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by davehornet
    One of the listed comments on the timeline on nola.com is Bower saying that he is not an interim coach. He is the head coach. No job search for the head coaching position will be conducted. He also will remain as General Manager.

    Scary, if you ask me.

    davehornet.
    they are not looking for a coach this year

  20. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by davehornet
    One of the listed comments on the timeline on nola.com is Bower saying that he is not an interim coach. He is the head coach. No job search for the head coaching position will be conducted. He also will remain as General Manager.
    Doesn't mean he believes it or that it's true.

  21. #271
    wow, so bower can screw us as a gm and as the coach? thanks man.

  22. #272
    get Tom Thibodeau on the bench and jeff horneckeck on his bench and this team could be gold.

  23. #273
    Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress
    He, once again, demonstrated his crazy ways. The dude couldn't spell the word evaluate.

    When a coach believes a player (he was very familiar with) is his best option at SG; How does he go to the inactive the list the next day?

    When a coach doesn't believe a player (he was very familiar with) deserves a minute in the first games; How does he get tabbed as a starter within a day?

    JuJu was a starter. next thing you know, posey is playing in the fourth with collison and thorton. I know he made a mistake, but it he wont pull his boys devin, posey and west for anything. And we need rebounding

    The year we lost to the Spurs in a tight game 7, Scott:
    didn't play Rasual Butler a minute (although he was our best SG the next year and was valued by Pat Riley previously).
    Hence; we absorb Bonzi Wells, Mike Jame's contract because we only had one capable SG- and he was a PG! (Pargo)

    We also had Chris Anderson. I know about the drug thing; but Denver was just a few months later. With Chris Anderson and Rasual Butler playing that year I believe we beat SA.

    Posey puts his arms around him during time-outs
    Devin is his golf buddy

    PLUS he wants to be a Laker. He should be thankful he had had a HOF PG throughout his career.
    Agree with everything you said, and this season was going to suck regardless of who the Head Coach was so firing Scott was inevitable.

    Time to trade West for whatever we can (hopefully packaging Poz with him). Suck this year. Get a lottery pick, sign someone, trade expiring(s)...and rebuild.

    That said, I just don't know if I have trust in the front office to get this ship righted...

    Also, I think its hilarious that HH is now KILLING the front office's moves when just months ago it was "its always a process" "gotta balance everything" "yall dont understand" "we thought Poz was the missing piece" "gotta take two steps back to move forward now"

    HH, I appreciate everything you do around here. Always asking for quality, and always bringing it. But sometimes your "smugness" to other posters is a little overbearing....

  24. #274
    Lottery pick, here we come!
    Maybe with a decent lottery pick and new coach for the 2010-2011 season, things may not be as bleak.

    davehornet.

  25. #275
    just keep Floyd away from the Casino and the libations, and he will be OK. My question, is, did we fire one of the assitants?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •