.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 466

Thread: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT, Scott fired, Bower H/C, Floyd new asst...{merged}

  1. #126
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,940
    Floyd. Atleast he'll put some passion into this team.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  2. #127
    I can't wait for that Portland game and how this team responds to all of this.

  3. #128
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    I come here and see sooooooooo many people on board and I'm like ... 'wait, something is going on, too many people on right now'. And I come and find this. Wow.

  4. #129
    The Franchise metalzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,276
    I don't understand all this doom and gloom. As I see it we're on the road to 25-30 wins which is right where I wanted us to be. Hopefully HH is right again and Bower is gone after the season giving way to a young assistant coach from elsewhere taking over. This gives us the opportunity to start fresh with new management and hopefully new scouting and a lottery pick (maybe even top 3). I'm thrilled...I guess I just wasn't expecting them to salvage this season but I don't understand why people are upset.

  5. #130
    Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ascension Parish
    Posts
    2,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    It's going to get worse before it gets better. Much worse. I told you guys to be careful of what you wished for. Congrats...you got your wishes. This team's basketball operations is in shambles.
    I had the same view point.. I guess I picked a good season to get married and buy a house.. I'll be able to get club seats not when ever I want them for about 10 bucks now.. Woohoo for me I guess

  6. #131
    Just add fans Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    35,313
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    Jeff Bower new HC
    Tim Floyd new AC

    Per ESPN
    Per HR.com over 45 minutes ago

  7. #132
    Isnt Tim Floyd the Bulls coach who set an NBA record?

  8. #133
    Just add fans Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    35,313
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP
    Floyd. Atleast he'll put some passion into this team.
    Floyd is not respected in the NBA. What kind of passion are you looking for? If it's positive, that won't be the case.

  9. #134
    Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    2,468
    Well, heres to the future!

  10. #135
    504 Contributor chubbs91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Old Metairie, LA
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Per HR.com over 45 minutes ago
    the best place for hornets news

  11. #136
    Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    from the crescent city!
    Posts
    6,862
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP
    Floyd. Atleast he'll put some passion into this team.
    what do you base that on? floyd is a lame duck assistant along with bower as a lame duck front office job.

  12. #137
    The Franchise metalzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Floyd is not respected in the NBA. What kind of passion are you looking for? If it's positive, that won't be the case.
    Sure but does it really matter? He's an assistant coach. His job is basically to tutor the young players no? Maybe he'll have a hand in game management but I honestly think he might be ok in an assistant capacity which has way more in common with the college game where he has excelled. Also he can't be much worse than our current assistants right?

  13. #138
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Floyd is not respected in the NBA. What kind of passion are you looking for? If it's positive, that won't be the case.
    IDC if he's not respected in the NBA. He'll require respect from the players. While he's only an assistant, we've seen enough of him to know that he won't sit back and let them play with no heart. He won't sit back and watch like Byron does.

    I'm not asking for wins, I'm just asking for some heart. I think Floyd will bring that out of this team, if that's by throwing a chair across the court than so be it.

  14. #139
    Starter Darth Orleans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Posts
    169
    Oh boy....

  15. #140
    Lurk -O- Matic 5000 ReedSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jefferson, La
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB
    I come here and see sooooooooo many people on board and I'm like ... 'wait, something is going on, too many people on right now'. And I come and find this. Wow.
    lol same here i step away for ten minutes and I see 400 somethign members on. I'm like oh no who just got traded, fired, etc.

  16. #141
    i dont care if things get worse....we needed a change. Do I think Bower and Floyd will help? Of course not.

    But we now have a scapegoat as the reason to ship players off, make trades.....we are in for a DISASTER of a season, but it gives us the chance to fix everything in 2 years....We needed this even if this season will result in less than 30 wins...im fine with that.

  17. #142
    Just add fans Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    35,313
    Right now I think I could put a better staff of assistants together from this site.

  18. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by ParisHornet
    Isnt Tim Floyd the Bulls coach who set an NBA record?
    And the same one who made BD and Magloire stretch out on the street because they bought their own people to stretch them.

  19. #144
    The Franchise metalzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat 3
    i dont care if things get worse....we needed a change. Do I think Bower and Floyd will help? Of course not.

    But we now have a scapegoat as the reason to ship players off, make trades.....we are in for a DISASTER of a season, but it gives us the chance to fix everything in 2 years....We needed this even if this season will result in less than 30 wins...im fine with that.

  20. #145
    Just add fans Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    35,313
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP
    IDC if he's not respected in the NBA. He'll require respect from the players. While he's only an assistant, we've seen enough of him to know that he won't sit back and let them play with no heart. He won't sit back and watch like Byron does.

    I'm not asking for wins, I'm just asking for some heart. I think Floyd will bring that out of this team, if that's by throwing a chair across the court than so be it.
    I'm looking at the big picture. This move makes us look like the dumbest basketball operations organization in the league. What respected coach/gm would want to be part of this circus?

  21. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    The familiar face that I think will be announced was here just before Byron...



    This nightmare that is the hornets basketball operations keeps getting worse. Bower stepping in as head coach and this goof...possibly the worst head coach in NBA history....returning as a key assistant.

    Tim freakin Floyd. well he did take UNO to the NCAA tournament.
    But that means nuthin in the NBA

  22. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Per HR.com over 45 minutes ago
    Yeah, I know HH..I was poking fun at ESPN..and FAILED

    Hey guys cheer up..do you know what this means...NO Byron..NO Byron rotations! Devin Brown..you're going to the bench. Thornton and JuJu (again) welcome to the starting line-up! Collison's minutes should be going up. Whitney Houston's husbands - down. WOOOOOOOH! I'm excited about seeing the actual changes on the floor! This should be fun!

  23. #148
    All-Star Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    259
    Maybe he can illegally recruit O.J. Mayo to the Hornets.

  24. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerhead
    And the same one who made BD and Magloire stretch out on the street because they bought their own people to stretch them.
    naw that was Scott

  25. #150
    Everyone knows we weren't going anywhere this year so I don't see a reason to be upset. We weren't going to win a championship with Scott or our current roster. If we rebuild now we'll be in contention sooner than letting this drag on.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •