Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Chandler for Okafor deal in works {Update - Official 7/28} {mega-merged}

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Smith is now a possibility considering that we could realistically compete for the West next year. Before today, the Hornets were not thought of as contenders, something that would have been unattractive ot Smith.
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint

Good trade. If Okafor gets half the bump that Chandler did by playing with Paul, this will be a fantastic deal. If both were totally healthy, it's very debatable over who is better imo.
    If TC were healthy, I seriously, seriously doubt we'd be trying to deal him. His downside remained a lack of offensive game. He tried to show us something early last year, but all he did was clank the rim when he shot the ball from beyond 3'. Even with that downside, I don't think the Hornets would be trying to move him IF he were healthy. The Hornets believe that he is not healthy enough for the long-term prospect. Are they right? I don't know, but they certainly are acting like they are convinced that their opinion on TC's prognosis is correct.

Time for some football!!!

Now give me Warrick and call me a stuffed cat!

Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Trading for Okafor also means we can sign a smaller big in free agency, not someone like a Mikki Moore who can play PF/C.
    i agree, just saying overpaying for glen davis so that boston wouldn't match wouldn't be productive. if they could get warrick for something fair who would be a change of pace from david west with his athleticism or a banger who would play inside the paint area which also would be another change of pace from dwest would help.

DX/Okafor/Warrick or Diogu is a pretty nice frontline.

I like the idea of Okafur, West, & Wright in the front court. Now having made this move could we trade Daniels for a backup big? or just sign Warrick or Joe Smith and we have a good little team for next year.

CP3/Collison
    Butler/Thornton
    Wright/Posey
    West/Warrick or Smith
    Okafur/Armstrong

Devin Brown, Mo Pete, Sean Marks, and Antonio Daniels sounds like a nice roster to me.

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    you forgot about peja banjoman! i think he'll be valuable off the bench next year.

Quote Originally Posted by geaux hornets
    i agree, just saying overpaying for glen davis so that boston wouldn't match wouldn't be productive. if they could get warrick for something fair who would be a change of pace from david west with his athleticism or a banger who would play inside the paint area which also would be another change of pace from dwest would help.
    Saying we don't give up JuJu and we add Warrick

Collison
    Thornton
    JuJu
    Warrick
    Armstrong

**With Chris Paul on the sidelines coaching and Byron Scott tied up with an apple in his mouth - like a cooked pig, hanging from the top of the NO arena!!!!

How could we afford Smith or Warrick considering the team is already over the luxury tax. The only way we could afford one of them if we dump Peterson or Daniels contract on someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Solo
    How could we afford Smith or Warrick considering the team is already over the luxury tax. The only way we could afford one of them if we dump Peterson or Daniels contract on someone else.
    I think they call it the Mid Level Exception and the Bi-Annual Exception. The Lakers were over the luxury tax too when they signed Artest.

MLE

If you haven't already seen my trade proposal I said...

Hornets send:

Chandler
    Butler
    Peterson

Bobcats send

Okafor
    Mohammed
    Bell

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    How soon should be fire Bower?

interesting. i'd like to see how this turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    How soon should be fire Bower?
    Bower
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    If you haven't already seen my trade proposal I said...

Hornets send:

Chandler
    Butler
    Peterson

Bobcats send

Okafor
    Mohammed
    Bell
    Considering it seems to be a straight swap between Chandler and Okafor, I don't see how the team would be sending over Peterson or Butler

I want this deal completed already...its halting any further progress in my day...I cannot leave my pc!

What if Chandler doesn't pass the physical?

Holy effing crap ... I wasn't on the internets for a couple of hours and just read the headline on ESPN. If that were to go down, I'd open a shrine for Bower and worship him every day.

Please for the love of everything thats holy ... let it happen!

Considering it seems to be a straight swap between Chandler and Okafor, I don't see how the team would be sending over Peterson or Butler
    I could definitely see a smaller part, i.e., Daniels being included for someone like Mohammed

Quote Originally Posted by tbo
    What if Chandler doesn't pass the physical?
    Charlotte will "PASS" it...I'm 95% sure we can "count" on that

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    I'm excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetlove
    interesting. i'd like to see how this turns out.
    Me too. Very interesting. If we could get rid of Brown and MoPete somehow with this trade, I'd be happy.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm gonna have to rescind my Kangaroo Court front office line cuz of this.

Though I probably don't have to since it didn't make any sense anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    Bower
    x2.

Thread Information