Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chandler for Okafor deal in works {Update - Official 7/28} {mega-merged}

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Haha, I'm on NOLA.comdoing the same.
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    i really hope we can get Wallace in this trade somehow also, then we sign Warrick and then add a marks or mikki moore to round out the end of bench and i will be ecstatic, though i know the possibilty of getting wallace is slim.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    From a pure basketball standpoint this deal will make the hornets title contenders again...From a financial standpoint this deal will put the hornets in futher financial troubles UNLESS Peja, Mo-pete, or Posey are apart of the deal for exchange of an expiring contract (which I doubt)
    Peja and Mopete would be two contracts that come off the books after 2010-2011, so that would help. Would still like to move Posey since his contract runs for 4 more.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Shinn did say he would gladly pay the luxury tax IF the team was a contender. With Okafor, they should get back to contender status barring an injury bug.
    A core of CP3/West/Okafor = A run in the playoffs.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by pjk481
    i really hope we can get Wallace in this trade somehow also, then we sign Warrick and then add a marks or mikki moore to round out the end of bench and i will be ecstatic, though i know the possibilty of getting wallace is slim.
    MJ is dumb, but he is not that dumb. No way he let's wallace go in exchange for wright, Peja, Posey, or mo-pete..

It's useless ot even mention Wallace, there's no way they would include him unless we would throw in DX.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    MJ is dumb, but he is not that dumb. No way he let's wallace go in exchange for wright, Peja, Posey, or mo-pete..
    there could be an outside shot of them doing it for Wright and a draft pick IMO.

it sounds like a go. REALGM just made a new link saying it is being completed

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...ing_completed/

It's just a repeat of the AP story.

CBS Sports seems to be a little more certain that the trade is eminent.

It appears the trade is happening right now, but has not been announced.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11991413

I'm scratching my head and keep asking the same as some of you...."Why?" That's not a complaint by any stretch. It just makes no sense, and I fear that as with the OKC deal....come time for physicals, this deal gets rejected by the Bobcats.
    Cats don't feel comfortable on bicycles.... no matter how much duct tape you use.

do you think this trade will help Armstrong?

He played side by side with Okafor in college

Today is not April's Fool's Day, but I'm still waiting for someone to pull the rug. I'll admit I really didn't want Tyson to be traded, but I'd do a backflip for this deal. I just thought about it before I do that backflip, I do believe Tyson have to pass his physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Defuz
    I'm scratching my head and keep asking the same as some of you...."Why?" That's not a complaint by any stretch. It just makes no sense, and I fear that as with the OKC deal....come time for physicals, this deal gets rejected by the Bobcats.
    Talk about a big blow if that happens. Not only would we lose out on a pretty solid deal for us, it would make trading Chandler again that much more difficult. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitolHornet45
    Talk about a big blow if that happens. Not only would we lose out on a pretty solid deal for us, it would make trading Chandler again that much more difficult. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    That's my only concern now.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitolHornet45
    If it does happen, Tyson will never be traded unless it's for his expiring contract. I'll be crossing my fingers indeed.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    omg omg omg omg plz be true, plz be true!!!!

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    Okafor doesn't have a great offensive game but his def. is $. He is going to get us over the hump.
    Hey, remember that was Chandler's story before coming here. You put any quality big man in front of CP3 and he'll improve offensively just from all the alley oops.

imagine what a player thinks hearing they are traded from a team who missed the playoffs to getting to play with teammate-friendly CP3

FWIW, Jim Henderson stated on the 5:00 news that his sources state the deal is done.
    the Legend has spoken!

I can't believe this is true !

Okafor would be huge, he has the D than TC but he is twice better on the offensive end... i 'm praying...

this is sooooo surprising if it does happen

i mean we have been under the assumption that we are trying to cut salary, that chandler is damaged good and has no trade value at all, and then something this happens

im trying not to get too excited cuz i will be very dissapointe if it doesnt happen

Crazy how the tone of an offseason can change with one (potential) move. It was all doomsday an hour ago. Now we're contenders again and Bower is a hero.

Please make this happen. I've loved Mohammad since his breakout year on the Hawks and Emeka is a un-athletic Chandler with a post game. .

Thread Information