Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Chandler for Okafor deal in works {Update - Official 7/28} {mega-merged}

The Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    There will be another move...or moves....at some point. I'd expect something to happen before the trading deadline at the absolute latest.
    If we could couple Devin Brown with AD's expiring....Bower should have his own Holiday

The Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicMeatballs
    If this trade goes through, what would be the best way to add a center?

A quality center off the bench would kill two birds with one stone, by allowing Okafor to rest and als play some PF allowing West to rest.

Posey and Daniels for Brad Miller? Miller could give you 20-30 min. per night at center allowing Okafor to rest part of that time and play some PF part of that time and get West some rest. Armstrong could log some minutes at PF/C also to be the 2 big off the bench. Miller is a great passing big and a big bodied dude that can bang down low especially if only asked to come off the bench for 20-25 min per night. Oh, and his contract expires at the end of the year.
    Miller is a white taller version of Baron Davis...He could be great but he isnt interested in basketball

When is the trade deadline?

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmon818
    If we could couple Devin Brown with AD's expiring....Bower should have his own Holiday
    Like I said earlier, you are going to probably need to package a decent player with AD or someone like Brown. I can see Rasual as being that guy. I'm sure teams will ask for Julian.

The Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by NewBuzzz
    When is the trade deadline?
    few days after the all star game

The Swagger
    Like I said earlier, you are going to probably need to package a decent player with AD or someone like Brown. I can see Rasual as being that guy. I'm sure teams will ask for Julian.
    wouldnt mind seeing wright traded for something decent in return

Read a little of this thread, didn't get into the middle pages but just curious if someone could bring a little insight without me having to dig through the complete thread. Is this just for Chandler/Okafor, are there other players rumored to be involved, any idea when it might get done?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food
    I acrtually agree with CP3 and others, you don't even need to think about the NBA. I can remember playing basketball comps and the teams that do well usually have size in a couple positions, with talent of course.

You can still win with a normal sized team, but i think Cp3 11's argument is that our team is UNDERsized, especially in the front court, and will have trouble winning it all as such.

lakers 7;0 bynum, 7'0''gasol, 6'10 odom'
    blazers 7'1'', 7'0'', 6'11''
    denver 6'11''.6'11''. 6'9''
    dallas 7'0, 6'11

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    It's an Okafor/Chandler swap, tommorow per the Charlotte Observer.
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

The Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by rlemieux
    Read a little of this thread, didn't get into the middle pages but just curious if someone could bring a little insight without me having to dig through the complete thread. Is this just for Chandler/Okafor, are there other players rumored to be involved, any idea when it might get done?

What's reported is just a player swap...and they its already finalized and will be official tomorrow

I'm ready for the press conference tomorrow...Paul, West and Peja should join Scott at the press conference!

Side note: Okafor is a Byron Scott type of player!

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    It's an Okafor/Chandler swap, tommorow per the Charlotte Observer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmon818
    What's reported is just a player swap...and they its already finalized and will be official tomorrow

Thank you guys. That was extremely quick!

The guys at RealGM call this a lateral move. What idiots!

The Franchise
    I really think the importance of height is overrated. Say Emeka had was 2 inches taller does that make him so much better? Wingspan and Standing Reach are more importand then height in my view. Emeka beats Chandler in both of these btw.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They discussed some other players but I think it's straight up.

Have any idea who these players were HH??

The Swagger
    We actually have leverage in the discussion since they are in a much worse financial situation than us...I wouldnt be surprised If we ended up stealing another big like Ajinca but I doubt it

i would love a dalembert for daniels, mopete, and devin brown

sixers want to get rid of dalembert and are also seeking a veterna pg and a shooter

dalembert would be an excellent backup center

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Okafor would be a downgrade at the 4... it makes no sense to trade west away and put him at PF, he doesn't have the offense for it. West and Paul are the nucleus of this team - and i think Bower knows it.

i think we need to spend the MLE on an quality/average 5 to spell okafor. armstrong and marks should rarely see the floor if we really hope to contend.

we'll just have to live with the fact that we're an undersized team.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    I'm ready for the press conference tomorrow...Paul, West and Peja should join Scott at the press conference!

Side note: Okafor is a Byron Scott type of player!
    You'll see a completely different reaction to this TC deal from CP, DX and BS. It was always about what they were getting in return. It's almost unconcievable that we're able to pull this off, but I should follow my own advice. More than once I've said that there are so many factors that to into making a deal that fans could never consider or comprehend. It's like the old saying, there's a buyer for everything. In this case you have an owner who wants to sell his team and needs to reduce his liabilities. Acquiring TC gives him the cance to MAYBE get something in return (rather than just giving Okafor away). If it doesn't work out, TC will be a trade chip for them next season...or they can just ride out his deal and be done with it.

To those who say Bob Johnsoncat is trying to claer money to sign Felton I say BS. Bob Johnsoncat wants to dump salary. He doesn't care about that team....he just wants to dump it. I remember hearing how Charlotte had a real owner now and was so happy to be done with Shinn. George may not be a prize but he's head and shoulders better than Johnsoncat.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP

sixers want to get rid of dalembert and are also seeking a veterna pg and a shooter

Too much money for a back up C, not to mention his long list of bad qualities.

Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar

how would that help us out paying a backup center 11+ million for the spot of 3 players?

The guy makes way too much money to be a back-up..he would definitely start, meaning either Okafor or West to the bench..neither will happen...so that means...no way to Daly

The only way a Delembert trade works is for Peja...not going to have Peja and Dalembert off the bench too much $

Quote Originally Posted by geaux hornets
    how would that help us out paying a backup center 11+ million for the spot of 3 players?
    Dalembert is garbage.

I also like the way some of these guys just think a team is going to take 3 of our worst deals from us (without wanting something good packaged with them). The Okafor trade is mind boggling, but some of the guys posting here shouldn't let it totally skew their rationality.

Like I keep saying, we might be able to move a bad deal if we throw in a servicable and affordable player.

Thread Information