Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Chandler for Okafor deal in works {Update - Official 7/28} {mega-merged}

Hall of Famer Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3 & 11 others
    And lastly, i never care if people disagree but post evidence. I talk to people who spend months on analysis like this and you counter with opinions that have no evidence behind them. Disagree- I love debate- but come strong with facts and cite proof, thats all I ask. Is that too much for a message board?
    Where's you evidence?

Have you posted the average lengths for each position over the years and compared the NBA Champs at each position? If you have i would love to see it. As far as i'm aware all you have done is say my buddy said "XZY" and he knows more than you.

I have my own theory about what wins a 'chip and maybe this theory has legs so please, i would love to see this research

Quote Originally Posted by the big H
    Where's you evidence?

Have you posted the average lengths for each position over the years and compared the NBA Champs at each position? If you have i would love to see it. As far as i'm aware all you have done is say my buddy said "XZY" and he knows more than you.

I have my own theory about what wins a 'chip and maybe this theory has legs so please, i would love to see this research
    Come on, man. Accept it for what it is.

I swear if some of you run him off...

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOSA
    As far as I can tell, no personal shots have been lobbed. I don't see the problem here, after all, message boards are for debate.
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

I acrtually agree with CP3 and others, you don't even need to think about the NBA. I can remember playing basketball comps and the teams that do well usually have size in a couple positions, with talent of course.

You can still win with a normal sized team, but i think Cp3 11's argument is that our team is UNDERsized, especially in the front court, and will have trouble winning it all as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSA

The Swagger
    If this trade is because the FO plans on shipping DX before his contract goes up...I have a feeling that will blow up in our faces

This is how I see it

PF: DX > Emeka
    C: Emeka > a limited TC

If we plan on eventually replacing West with Okafor at PF...I dont like it

okafor is more of a center than a power forward to be honest, always will be; doesn't have the offensive ability imo to be a starting pf on a contending team

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Unless something too good to be true comes along, I can't imagine DX being dealt. DX hasn't been the problem, the problem has been that he's been the only legit front line guy we've had.

The Swagger
    Here is what someone wrote in the comment section ESPN

Okafor, Howard, and Duncan are the only three players to average a double-double the past five seasons.

Chandler's done it once in his career.

Let that sink in.

The Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Unless something too good to be true comes along, I can't imagine DX being dealt. DX hasn't been the problem, the problem has been that he's been the only legit front line guy we've had.
    Thats what im saying...we need frontcourt depth and there are still plenty of bigs out their that will happily take the MLE

Same. And he been logging 40+ a game because there is no one backing him up

Quote Originally Posted by Tmon818
    Here is what someone wrote in the comment section ESPN
    saw that too, brought a smile to my face, best part is okafor has only played 5 years too, he doesnt know how to not average a double double for a year

How many teams have true 5's? OK, how about GOOD true 5's? I'm more than pleased to go with two good 4's instead of a good 4 and an average (to less than) 5. Didn't Byron get the Nets to a championship series without using a true C type?

That's why it is imperative the Hornets sign a backup PF that can give us quality minutes as DX gets some rest. Not a Marks/Ely type scrub.

How many teams have true 5's? OK, how about GOOD true 5's? I'm more than pleased to go with two good 4's instead of a good 4 and an average (to less than) 5. Didn't Byron get the Nets to a championship series without using a true C type?
    Not to mention Okafor has played center at a high level for five years now, it's not like the Hornets are trying to fit a guy who has only played PF into the five slot. Ideally Okafor is a PF, but he's perfectly fine at center.

The Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    That's why it is imperative the Hornets sign a backup PF that can give us quality minutes as DX gets some rest. Not a Marks/Ely type scrub.
    Ike Diogu is cheap potential IMO....MAKE IT HAPPEN

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Marks as a 3rd string C is perfect, can play minutes as first back up if there is an injury or a drop in form by who is above him. Plays smart and knows what to do, I would love to see him re-signed. You are right however about the backup PF spot and i'm sure the hornets FO are looking into it
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

if we get a big men via trade, then look at milwaukee to be that trading partner

they have gadzuric, amir johnson, kurt thomas, elson

gadzuric for mopete (same contract length)

We are going to need to package someone fairly decent (with a friendly contract) with one of our bad deals. A Rasual type of player with a Posey or Daniels, etc.

Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709
    Marks as a 3rd string C is perfect, can play minutes as first back up if there is an injury or a drop in form by who is above him. Plays smart and knows what to do, I would love to see him re-signed. You are right however about the backup PF spot and i'm sure the hornets FO are looking into it
    i don't know. as it stands we will have 13 take roster spots. we as of the past have only used 14 spots. unless we free up a spot, we need a pf who can make something happen on his own if its either through banging for rebounds and getting quick put backs or someone who can use his athleticism as a mis match to score easy points with that one spot. neither one of those describe marks. bringing marks back with the addition of okafor still leaves us with a hole to backup dwest and lack of quality depth or fulfilling their mission to bring in players that will take the load off cp3.

The Swagger
    Doubt we pull another trade this offseason(If this trade goes through)...Look for us to use that MLE if not now then middle of the season

The Swagger
    I say we trade AD before season starts so Okafor can wear 50

seriously though that 6.6mil expiring is very very valuable

There will be another move...or moves....at some point. I'd expect something to happen before the trading deadline at the absolute latest.

If this trade goes through, what would be the best way to add a center?

A quality center off the bench would kill two birds with one stone, by allowing Okafor to rest and als play some PF allowing West to rest.

Posey and Daniels for Brad Miller? Miller could give you 20-30 min. per night at center allowing Okafor to rest part of that time and play some PF part of that time and get West some rest. Armstrong could log some minutes at PF/C also to be the 2 big off the bench. Miller is a great passing big and a big bodied dude that can bang down low especially if only asked to come off the bench for 20-25 min per night. Oh, and his contract expires at the end of the year.

Thread Information