Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Chandler for Okafor deal in works {Update - Official 7/28} {mega-merged}

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Like I said earlier, you are going to probably need to package a decent player with AD or someone like Brown. I can see Rasual as being that guy. I'm sure teams will ask for Julian.
    If 'sual left, who would start at the 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicMeatballs
    The only way a Delembert trade works is for Peja...not going to have Peja and Dalembert off the bench too much $
    How about

Daniels
    Willie Green
    Jason Smith

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP
    i would love a dalembert for daniels, mopete, and devin brown

sixers want to get rid of dalembert and are also seeking a veterna pg and a shooter

dalembert would be an excellent backup center
    Cats don't feel comfortable on bicycles.... no matter how much duct tape you use.

The Swagger
    One grand robbery is enough

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    I'm ready for the press conference tomorrow...Paul, West and Peja should join Scott at the press conference!

Side note: Okafor is a Byron Scott type of player!
    From what I've read at the Bobcats forum, Okafor doesn't seem to care about basketball that much.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whoah whoah
    If 'sual left, who would start at the 2?
    Maybe you trade Sual and one of our bad deals for a 2.

Remember, it goes beyond the surface and what we see. The Okafor deal proves as much. There could be a reason a team would want to move a 2 for one of our bad deals and a guy like Sual.

I think all of this proves that as fans, we aren't equiped with enough knowledge of the details to judge what we can or can't do.

Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Solo
    From what I've read at the Bobcats forum, Okafor doesn't seem to care about basketball that much.
    or maybe he was tired of losing and the team not getting better. or playing in a empty arena.

I wouldn't like basketball either if I played for the Bobjohnsoncats, the Blunder, the Clippers, etc.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    From his draft bio:

He's developed a nice 10-foot jumper and has been looking for his shot more. To top it off, he's extremely smart and a very hard worker. Most scouts consider him the most NBA-ready prospect in the draft. The comparisons to a young Alonzo Mourning don't seem that far off.
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

I find it a little hard to believe that a guy who hasn't missed a game in two years in this league isn't that interested in basketball. Especially while averaging a double double.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Not to mention Okafor has played center at a high level for five years now, it's not like the Hornets are trying to fit a guy who has only played PF into the five slot. Ideally Okafor is a PF, but he's perfectly fine at center.
    Ideally, to me, I think Okafor is a true center. In today's game, the blueprint for PFs are guys that are 20-10. Okafor just doesn't have the post moves to average that, but he is PERFECT for 15-10 and defending other bigs. I read that the Bobcats even ran the offense thru Okafor. At least now teams will have to respect the Hornets inside game on BOTH ends.

He plays much taller than 6'10" (which is only 2 freaking inches from 7'0" anyway ).

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Okafor's wingspan is 7'4.

Larry Brown liked him but wondered if he had any interest in improving his basketball game as much as he did Yoga or Pilates

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Okafor's wingspan is 7'4.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman
    Ideally, to me, I think Okafor is a true center. In today's game, the blueprint for PFs are guys that are 20-10. Okafor just doesn't have the post moves to average that, but he is PERFECT for 15-10 and defending other bigs. I read that the Bobcats even ran the offense thru Okafor. At least now teams will have to respect the Hornets inside game on BOTH ends.

He plays much taller than 6'10" (which is only 2 freaking inches from 7'0" anyway ).
    to add to that the pf and c positions have changed over the nba during the 2000's. you can say the same for the sg position. 7-0 centers doesn't grow on trees. the new wave pf's come in at 6-8 to 6-9. a few teams use pf size players as centers. denver with nene, dwight is actually more of a pf, gasol played the 5 with injuries, there is okafor, duncan is more of a pf. wing spans, athleticism and length can more than make up for supposedly lack of size.

As a Hornet and Bobcats fan....I couldn't be any happier!

Hall of Famer Contributor
    I think all of this proves that as fans, we aren't equiped with enough knowledge of the details to judge what we can or can't do.
    Yep and the exact reason i never really post trade ideas. They get boring after a while

Larry Brown liked him but wondered if he had any interest in improving his basketball game as much as he did Yoga or Pilates
    larry brown has been known to publicly kill younger players who doesn't fit in with his criteria. he is a good coach. maybe okafor doesn't fit in for what he wants. sort of like the hornets need to go in a different direction to accomplish or reshape the team that will fit in how they want to play.

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    Agreed. It can be hard for some fans to look at things from every perspective. I think they call it "black and gold glasses"....

Check 1:32.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHkq2EcbENA

Too short to play center huh? Even Shaq got some!! Larry Brown is nuts!

I dont care if he doesn't score a point. On defense, no more crappy layups for Parker or Ginobilli.

Quote Originally Posted by whoah whoah
    Agreed. It can be hard for some fans to look at things from every perspective. I think they call it "black and gold glasses"....
    My glasses are blue and black...Go Panthers!

The Swagger
    Frontpage on ESPN NBA section reads "Sources: Deal Done"

Anyone with insider, can you post excerpts from what Stein says about it?

Thanks

It's done. From what I've heard it's straight up...BUT...there was a point where they discussed other parts. It's just a matter of if it's Okafor for TC or with other pieces involved.

I like the trade (a lot) but I went on YouTube and searched for "okafor" and literally have not seen anything but -insert player here- posterizes emeka okafor. At least we know he'll try to block the dunk even though it could make him look bad. Right? right???

Good trade though, I'm excited about it.

the only potential starting SG that i can see us having a chance in trading for after looking at every teams rosters is mike dunleavy...and that is about all that is out there

Thread Information