.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 547

Thread: Chandler for Okafor deal in works {Update - Official 7/28} {mega-merged}

  1. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    It's done. From what I've heard it's straight up...BUT...there was a point where they discussed other parts. It's just a matter of if it's Okafor for TC or with other pieces involved.
    Do you think this could be a move that starts a chain reaction of moves for the team to get better? What were the other parts? (more interested what parts from the Bobcats we wanted.)
    AKA St. David

  2. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Okafor's wingspan is 7'4.
    What is Chandlers?

    And if NBA.com is correct in height/weight Okefor is 6'10 255 and Dwight Howard is 6'11 265. Not comparing them as players, but 6'10 255 is plenty big enought to play C in the NBA.

    Really liking this deal, think it could be a differnce maker in the long run. Now if we could just unload a contract to two and get a little more depth.

  3. #353
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,382
    Quote Originally Posted by spongey
    I like the trade (a lot) but I went on YouTube and searched for "okafor" and literally have not seen anything but -insert player here- posterizes emeka okafor. At least we know he'll try to block the dunk even though it could make him look bad. Right? right???

    Good trade though, I'm excited about it.
    At least I'd rather my center go for it than kindly get out of the way..**cough Chandler **cough D-West**. He's also gotten his fair share.

    See here...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Li2c...eature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjVmb...eature=related

  4. #354
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    Chandler's is 7'6.
    President of the New Orleans Bucs Rebrand Campaign

  5. #355
    Just add fans Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    35,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints63213
    Do you think this could be a move that starts a chain reaction of moves for the team to get better? What were the other parts? (more interested what parts from the Bobcats we wanted.)
    I really don't know what they discussed. I do know that one move is never the "end all" move. It's like dominos. The first one tips over and the rest start falling. It never ends. You are never finished managing an NBA roster. I wouldn't expect a blockbuster type of deal, but I would expect the Hornets to remain active. We all just need to be patient. I hope this deal helps us (as fans) come to grips with that thought process.

    In the off season, after talking with some friends close to the team, I said I thought we would be active. Then, like the rest of you, I became impatient. I started to doubt their ability to make something happen. On the surface the situation looked virtually hopeless. We have to remember that NBA trades leave people scratching their heads saying "what?" more often than not. Kudos to Bower and the organization for getting this one done. As I've said a million times on here, I know Bower works his butt off. This deal didn't just fall out of the sky. Jeff's been working hard on this and many other things. If you have enough irons in the fire, eventually a couple will pay off.

  6. #356
    All-Star ticktock6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Uptown in the 504
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Chandler's is 7'6.
    Hahahaha! Not at Chandler's wingspan but at your sig. The Marburycast was utterly insane. My personal favorite part was when he yelled, "They tried to put me in a box but I'm unstoppablllllllllle!" and leapt randomly into his pool.

    On a Hornets note, just so I am semi-on topic, one of the reasons I'm sad to be losing Chandler is that he gave the media those little funny glimpses of himself. And it was great to see.

  7. #357
    Time to find a taker for Peja next. I will miss TC somewhat. IMO the guy works his *** off. His body just doesn't keep up. If Eddy Curry had TC work ethic he'd a superstar. TC's got hustle and heart. Amazingly now that I think about it, is this Jordan's admission that he should have taken Chandler over Kwame Brown. Remember Brown beat Tyson one-on-one sealing MJ's decision. I think Larry Brown got a player that he wanted in TC.

  8. #358
    Now all we have to do is trade Butler/JuJu to Denver for JR and Weems! JR Smith is the only player not named Lebron or Dwight Howard I'd trade him for...FACT! LOL...sorry I'm still running on fumes of excitement over this deal...

  9. #359
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by ticktock6
    Hahahaha! Not at Chandler's wingspan but at your sig. The Marburycast was utterly insane. My personal favorite part was when he yelled, "They tried to put me in a box but I'm unstoppablllllllllle!" and leapt randomly into his pool.

    On a Hornets note, just so I am semi-on topic, one of the reasons I'm sad to be losing Chandler is that he gave the media those little funny glimpses of himself. And it was great to see.
    He's still on actually, and he has been all day I've heard. He's been doing it since Friday!

    The gem of tonight was about Jim Brown, the great NFL running back.
    Marbury was talking about a chat he had with Brown, and how Brown described to him the last days of slavery.

  10. #360
    Desk jockey Contributor Defuz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    8,933
    I thought Bower would not be able to pull off anything, but if this goes through I may have to enjoy a rather large helping of....
    Cats don't feel comfortable on bicycles.... no matter how much duct tape you use.

  11. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    Now all we have to do is trade Butler/JuJu to Denver for JR and Weems! JR Smith is the only player not named Lebron or Dwight Howard I'd trade him for...FACT! LOL...sorry I'm still running on fumes of excitement over this deal...
    Clearly the fumes have made you insane. lol. J/k. I couldn't pass up the opening you left for me!

  12. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmon818
    Frontpage on ESPN NBA section reads "Sources: Deal Done"

    Anyone with insider, can you post excerpts from what Stein says about it?

    Thanks
    I may be wrong but Stien's is the article everyone can see. Hollinger is the insider article. He basically says he doesn't see why Charlotte is doing the trade, basically makes both financial and basketball sense for New Orleans.

    Goes on to talk about them as players, mentions they are both very good defensive players, gives the offensive nod to Okefor but only slightly (as they are both limited offensively). Talks about them only being 4 days apart in age and how Okefor has averaged 66 games per season and Chandler 67 games per season over their career. Talks about Chandlers injuries and mentions Okefors back as well.

    Goes on and on about how he can not see Charlotte doing this deal, having a change in heart after giving him a huge contract only 12 months ago. Mentions Browns displeasure with Okefors work ethic or the owners possible sale of the team as the only two factors he can come up with why they are making this deal.

  13. #363
    Just add fans Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    35,313
    Quote Originally Posted by redhornet
    Time to find a taker for Peja next.
    Bower is proving to be a magician, but I don't think he's a miracle worker.

  14. #364
    Just add fans Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    35,313
    Quote Originally Posted by ticktock6
    On a Hornets note, just so I am semi-on topic, one of the reasons I'm sad to be losing Chandler is that he gave the media those little funny glimpses of himself. And it was great to see.
    Had TC's foot condition not become such a problem that hampered this team, I would have been against dealing him. BUT...his salary...and what we need to get back in production from that money....made him a bad fit here. I like the hell out of TC....but saw his deal as crippling to our efforts to remain competitive.

  15. #365
    Hall of Famer pistol #7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    716
    I have to admit, I was one of those really po'ed the hornets weren't making any moves. It seemed like anyone who was anyone would be gone before we even made an offer. So I say to the FO I'm sorry and if this is a done deal great job
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Your New Orleans Hornets

  16. #366
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N.O.East
    Posts
    50
    This sounds great but do you guys think CP3 will welcome this?
    I remember him sayin he has a bond with TC

  17. #367
    REMEMBER that chandler has to pass his physical first

  18. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP
    REMEMBER that chandler has to pass his physical first
    Charlotte is well aware of the condition that Chandler is in. Chandler's physical shouldn't be a problem.

  19. #369
    Just add fans Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    35,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy
    This sounds great but do you guys think CP3 will welcome this?
    I remember him sayin he has a bond with TC
    CP wants to win. This gives us a better chance to win. He was pissed last time because he didn't like what we were getting in return.

    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP
    REMEMBER that chandler has to pass his physical first
    I'm almost positive that Charlotte is willing to sign an injury waiver. They want TC's deal (versus Okafor's). This is strictly about dumping salary for Bobjohnsoncat. He wants to sell the team and is trying to get rid of as much long term liability as possible. Two years of TC is a lot less money than 5 of Okafor.

  20. #370
    yea but if he fails a physical then okafor could be traded somewhere else like chicago for example for brad miller who has an expiring contract

  21. #371
    Just add fans Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    35,313
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP
    yea but if he fails a physical then okafor could be traded somewhere else like chicago for example for brad miller who has an expiring contract
    I told you guys the OKC deal was contingent on TC's health. I'm telling you this one is done. Whatever you need to believe though.

  22. #372
    Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    from the crescent city!
    Posts
    6,862
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP
    yea but if he fails a physical then okafor could be traded somewhere else like chicago for example for brad miller who has an expiring contract
    I'm almost positive that Charlotte is willing to sign an injury waiver.
    this would bypass that.

  23. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints63213
    Clearly the fumes have made you insane. lol. J/k. I couldn't pass up the opening you left for me!
    HAHAHA

  24. #374
    Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    12,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    I really don't know what they discussed. I do know that one move is never the "end all" move. It's like dominos. The first one tips over and the rest start falling. It never ends. You are never finished managing an NBA roster. I wouldn't expect a blockbuster type of deal, but I would expect the Hornets to remain active. We all just need to be patient. I hope this deal helps us (as fans) come to grips with that thought process.

    In the off season, after talking with some friends close to the team, I said I thought we would be active. Then, like the rest of you, I became impatient. I started to doubt their ability to make something happen. On the surface the situation looked virtually hopeless. We have to remember that NBA trades leave people scratching their heads saying "what?" more often than not. Kudos to Bower and the organization for getting this one done. As I've said a million times on here, I know Bower works his butt off. This deal didn't just fall out of the sky. Jeff's been working hard on this and many other things. If you have enough irons in the fire, eventually a couple will pay off.
    +1


    Time for some football!!!

  25. #375
    The Swagger
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Red Stick
    Posts
    1,076
    and considering TC just had surgery, the chances are he will be signed to the waiver

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •