Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Pistons interested in Chandler?

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate
    People would actually be happy about trading a legit starting center when healthy for one of the NBA's biggest bust and career back up in Kwame Brown? O_o

wasn't that Tyson Chandler too before he was traded here and teamed with CP3?
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truck man
    Exactly, Tyson wasn't #@%$! before the Cresent City Connection. Now if CP3 can change Kwame's career......Top ten GOAT IMO lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by pharcyder
    I think its time for people to just accept that the Hornets 2009-2010 roster will be pretty much what you see now. People act like this team is going to be horrible. Last year the team managed to win 49 games with key players hurt most of the season. Who knows, this team may manage to stay healthy and win 50+ games.

As someone mentioned before, Shinn isnt going to pay 90 million for a roster that has no real chance of winning an NBA title. Nobody in the league is willing to do that.

If the Hornets somehow manage to unload TC for Wallace and we save money then good. I dont want to have another year of season ticket prices going up. In the end the fans pay for all this spending.

The Hornets have no chance of winning an NBA title this season but will put a quality team on the court. Paul, Butler, Peja, West, and TC is not a bad starting lineup. AD, Wright, Posey, Armstrong, and the two rookies is not an impressive bench but who knows what kind of production you can get out of Wright and the two rooks. It could be worse.

If this team somehow gets rid of TC and signs garbage like Marks, Moore, or Voskul to replace him then we may take a hit but I think this team will still be a playoff team.

i agree that this team will not be much different from the '08-'09 year unless we are able to unload TC, but i do disagree that we are still a 50 win team. another year of Peja's decline and a year with TC not at a 100% will make us lose 10-20 more games. but i do have bright hopes for the 2010 off-season

10 to 20 more losses? Wow, I dont think anyone will agree with that. a 29-39 win team.

You factor in Peja's decline and TC not at 100 percent but what about TC actually playing more games, Wright's development, the 2 rookies, CP3 improving even more and West having an offseason to rest that back? If this is the team we have going into next year it will all come down to TC. If he gives us 75 or more games at the level he was at last year post OKC trade, pre ankle injury, this is easily a 50-55 win team. If he plays half the season or less, we are still a 42-47 win team. Remember 05-06 with the hot garbage we had surrounding CP3 and West and we won 38 games. No way this team wins less than that no matter what we do this offseason.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    But chances are he won't, Chandler's condition is chronic and will only get worse with age. Likewise with Peja, not to mention that Chandler knows he will be in a different uniform at least before the deadline.

I'd say a realistic win total is somewhere around 45-50 games, the team we saw last year is what we'll be seeing again in 09-10. The bench will be improved with the two rookies, possibly Pargo, and a new big but it won't be enough to put us in the contender category. As long as the FO builds this team up right though, this season will be fine with me.
    Last edited by NIH; 07-06-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Next year isn't what pumps me up. We all know we will lose to the jazz, lakers, and celtics. What excites me is the trades we will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3 & 11 others
    According to Ric Bucher:

"FYI- PHX can trade Big Ben for Chandler anytime they want. They are checking all options first."

This is the same thing I am hearing regarding PHX, Det, and Indy surprisingly. Like I said yesterday, teams know they can make the same deal in a month, maybe two so they will explore all other avenues first. But if and when they cant hit their homerun, they will come back. All we need is one team.

And no, I have no idea what Indy would offer, just know they are a darkhorse and have expressed as much interest as the other two. If I had to guess, it would be Foster and a sign and trade of Rasho w/ a 1yr contract. Could save us a little money this year, 6 mil next year and give us a good rebounding backup big for the next 2 years. I would rank that deal 3rd behind PHX and Det but would take it if the other two dragged their feet too much or pulled out.
    I like Jeff Foster, he's always been a good fundamental post defender. He'd help against people like Duncan and Gasol.

Also, Indy's probably interested bc they have a bunch of horrid defenders like Murphy, Dunleavy, Hansbrough, and Ford; and badly need a "shot blocker".
    Last edited by gohornets999; 07-06-2009 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3 & 11 others
    10 to 20 more losses? Wow, I dont think anyone will agree with that. a 29-39 win team.

You factor in Peja's decline and TC not at 100 percent but what about TC actually playing more games, Wright's development, the 2 rookies, CP3 improving even more and West having an offseason to rest that back? If this is the team we have going into next year it will all come down to TC. If he gives us 75 or more games at the level he was at last year post OKC trade, pre ankle injury, this is easily a 50-55 win team. If he plays half the season or less, we are still a 42-47 win team. Remember 05-06 with the hot garbage we had surrounding CP3 and West and we won 38 games. No way this team wins less than that no matter what we do this offseason.

well 10 wins less is more likely, but 20 is worst case scenario. i don't have much faith in TC, whether he plays or not. when he does play he doesn't really add much to the team on the Offensive end and with the chronic foot injury it will take away from his athleticicsm on Defense. i am not a DWest fan and think he regressed a whole lot last year and teams will most likely put a long athletic cover on him, and while some teams won't be able to do it, most teams have those kind of players. unless he improves his range beyond the 3 Point line, he really won't have improved for me because we know he won't play D or rebound. while i do like Collison and Thornton, Byron Scott has got to prove he'll play young players. he obviously doesn't handle developing young talent well, so he'll have to prove that to me, before i think they'll do anything.

sorry i'm just a realist and i think this year will be worse than last year unless we can make some moves.

Quote Originally Posted by truck man
    Before Tyson even came to this team he already proved that he had the potential to be a great rebounder and shot blocker. The only thing CP did was get him easy baskets with alley-oops.

Thread Information