Pelicans Report

Thread: mavs trying to get marion {edited}

mavs trying to get marion {edited}

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4310011

Stachhouse would be included in the sign and trade deal...meaning no chance of posey for stackhouse

I dont see how this benefits toronto at all unless dallas gives up stackhouse and a first round pick or something.
    HORNETS ALL THE WAY IN 08!!!

Toronto could use Stackhous'e very valuable contract as part of a trade as opposed to losing Marion for nothing. They could swing this deal and then if they want trade Stack for Posey or someone similar on a team trying to cut payroll. Non guaranteed contracts are valuable chips. Marion isnt going back to Toronto to play backup anyway so this would be a good move for Tor.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Who was reporting Stackhouse for Posey?

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Who was reporting Stackhouse for Posey?
    No one

no one was reporting it; but someone was talking about it as a possibility on this board...i think CP3 & 11 others

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    No one
    That's what I figured, it makes zero sense. I could see a team like Cleveland or Orlando wanting Posey, not a lower level playoff team like Dallas. They wouldn't trade their big contract for Posey when they can get much better value elsewhere.

Long off season Contributor killah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    No one

I know folks here always think the grass is greaner on the other side so you will disagree but I will take Posey over Marion right now at this stage in their careers without thinking twice. I pray the Mavs throw a lot of money at him because he has nothing left to offer. He was great running with Nash but his jumper is even worse, he cant run as well or D up like he used to. I think both are role players and I would take Posey any day of the week.

I like Posey myself. Sure he had a down year, but he did play a big role in winning us some games early on before father time caught up with him. Posey= hot garbage Marion= Warm vomit. Stick with what you already know.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    I like Posey myself. Sure he had a down year, but he did play a big role in winning us some games early on before father time caught up with him. Posey= hot garbage Marion= Warm vomit. Stick with what you already know.

Sec. 110 - You know me! Contributor roturn's Avatar
    This just in price of oil falls, so we won't trade Chris Paul for McGrady.

Wow... folks still wanna get rid of posey... (shakes head)

Basketball Guru
    correct me if i'm wrong....stackhouse and B.S, do not get along,,right?.......then why would we want him.....

These are the threads that leave people misinformed. Please alter title.

fixed and moved

Thread Information