Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pistons interested in Chandler?

Pistons interested in Chandler?

Saw this on ESPN about an hour ago. SI writer Chris Mannix was on there talking about the Pistons. He speculated that there is one more phase left in Dumars' rebuilding plan and it is trading for Chandler.

He said that they still have $4M or so left in cap room, so they wouldn't have to give up quite as much salary as they are taking in. So he speculated them trading Kwame Brown and another expiring contract for Chandler.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Give me Maxiell and I will take three Kwame Browns

include Maxiell.....get it done!

I would try pulling the wool over their eyes and work like hell to bring Prince here with Brown, but Maxiell is just as good.

Keep in mind guys, it was all speculation. But it was said by an SI writer, so it's worth mentioning.

Also heard the same rumor on the Dan Patrick radio show today.

I think it is wishful thinking for the hornets to get any true value for Chandler. Everyone knows we want to get rid of his contract, and there are too many injury ?'s surrounding him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Kwame and Maxiell would make me smile again.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie
    Kwame and Maxiell would make me smile again.
    Me too and me three!!!!!!!!

People would actually be happy about trading a legit starting center when healthy for one of the NBA's biggest bust and career back up in Kwame Brown? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate
    People would actually be happy about trading a legit starting center when healthy for one of the NBA's biggest bust and career back up in Kwame Brown? O_o
    When healthy is the keyword in there. He mite not be TOTALLY healthy again for us or whoever gets him. I hope he proves people wrong but foot problems on big men = very bad.

I think people have just come to the realization that Chandler is going one way or another. If we get anything useable in return, people are happy.

And Kwame would expire after this year.

That's why I would be happy about it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Maxiell's probably untouchable, but I'd mess my pants if we pulled that off.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    hopefully this happens.. Consider me on board this train.. but not for sheed!

I'm just awaiting for Chandler to be traded so that I can crown another Hornet as my favorite Hornets player...lets see throughout my life its been...

1. Eddie Jones
    2. Jamal Mashburn
    3. JR Smith
    4. Tyson Chandler
    5. 95% sure it will be JuJu

Quote Originally Posted by crazed2apoint
    When healthy is the keyword in there. He mite not be TOTALLY healthy again for us or whoever gets him. I hope he proves people wrong but foot problems on big men = very bad.

Is Tyson's foot problem as bad as Yao Ming's?

It is a toe, not a bone in the foot- so no it is not even close. But like Ming's it will likely never go away. However, Tyson could play if the toe acted up where Ming could never play with his condition.

2.5 left. CP3.....BOTTOM!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3 & 11 others
    It is a toe, not a bone in the foot- so no it is not even close. But like Ming's it will likely never go away. However, Tyson could play if the toe acted up where Ming could never play with his condition.
    But Tyson thrives only when he is 100% and has his full explosiveness. So, he might as well begin his career as a decent 15-20mpg back-up somewhere else. If Rip made around the MLE, I'd like to have him, even w/ his contract. He may be 30-31, but he is and always has been in perfect shape. However, his contract might be one of the worst in the league, considering the time left on it.
    I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
    -Mitch Hedberg(R.I.P.)

"Still here dancing with the Googrux King, we'll be drinking Big Whiskey while we dance and sing..."
    -R.I.P. LeRoi Moore(1961-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by CP3 & 11 others
    Wasn't Tyson bothered by that badly sprained ankle last season? I remember Tyson saying his toe (the one the YHT doctor operated and failed his physical on) didn't bother him at all but he had clean up surgery procedure done on it anyway this offseason.

Wasn't Tyson bothered by that badly sprained ankle last season? I remember Tyson saying his toe (the one the YHT doctor operated and failed his physical on) didn't bother him at all but he had clean up surgery procedure done on it anyway this offseason.
    Let's say you had a job, and it is probably pretty much the only thing you would really get paid to do. Now, let's say you have a chronic injury that jeopardizes your ability to perform said job. Would you want to tell the whole world about your injury?

Quote Originally Posted by NO reason
    Let's say you had a job, and it is probably pretty much the only thing you would really get paid to do. Now, let's say you have a chronic injury that jeopardizes your ability to perform said job. Would you want to tell the whole world about your injury?
    Are you talking about the sprained ankle or the surgically repaired toe?

And who in the hell is expected to guard Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol with Chandler gone?
    Last edited by Basketball Nate; 07-02-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Are you talking about the sprained ankle or the surgically repaired toe?

And who in the hell is expected to guard Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol with Chandler gone?
    The toe...my point is that I wouldn't expect him to annouce that his toe is a problem because his livelihood depends on it.

how about Chandler and Devin for Prince and Kwame

and then trade Posey to Dallas for Stackhouse

I would say if 100 percent healthy Tyson is a top 6 center in this league. But with the toe problem, lets put him at 85 percent- lets assume we are getting the TC we got after the rescinded OKC deal and before the ankle injury. Isnt he still a top 12 Center- if not top 10?

My list:

1.) Dwight
    2.) Yao
    3.) Shaq
    4.) Jefferson
    Chandler would go 5 IMO if 100 percent
    5.) Nene
    6.) Bynum
    7.) Lopez
    8.) Horford
    9.) Bogut
    10.) Brad Miller
    11.) Oden

Now even at 85 percent- post OKC trade, pre ankle surgery- how far down that list does TC rank? I would put him slightly below Bynum and it is a toss up between him and all those other guys for 7th-12th place. And that is assuming we have a banged up Chandler but Chandler had the toe issue when he went for 12 and 12 back in 07-08 which would easily put him #5 on that list.

I am for trading Chandler because he has some value and can be moved where someone like Peja or Mo cant but I can honestly say I dont think it would be the worst thing if he were here next year because I might be naive but if we stay healthy and Wright finally has a breakout season which I still think is a possibility, I whink we are the 2nd best team in the West. Just an opinion, but one I can not be talked out of so dont waste time trying and I understand if others think the opposite. That being said, I do acknowledge that this team staying healthy for a whole season and for the playoffs is as likely as Vin Diesel winning a best actor Oscar but I can try to be positive.

Thread Information