Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Who played their last game as a hornet?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Posey

4 4.49%
  • Peja

4 4.49%
  • West

6 6.74%
  • Chandler

42 47.19%
  • None of them

14 15.73%
  • 2 of them(specify)

16 17.98%
  • 3 of them(specify)

3 3.37%
  • All of them

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Realistically who do you think played their last game as a Hornet

The Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by geaux hornets
    no the cavs didn't want to risk losing lebron and did whatever it takes as their fan base would never forgive them for losing him and their owner doesn't count his main income from owning his team.
    Hornets FO should be doing the same thing CP3

The Swagger
    I understand why everyone wants a new coach, but who is available???

Hate to break it to you guys but Byron will leave on his terms

Quote Originally Posted by Tmon818
    problem is the Cavs have an owner that was willing to go over the luxury, thats how they got Mo Williams. If we do go after any free agents this year(which is highly unlikely) Bower and Scott need to pitch and sell that the player gets to play with the best PG in the game.
    As of now, I don't think any key free agent is burning at the chance to play alongside Chris Paul with Byron Scott as our head coach. Losing by 58 points at home in a playoff game basically sealed that fate.

Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    I understand why everyone wants a new coach, but who is available???

Hate to break it to you guys but Byron will leave on his terms
    which will probably be his last head coaching job for a while. the lakers will promote from within with assistants who already can grasp the triangle and have some sort of relationship with the players (rambis, shaw).

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I will say this, there are several things that irritate the heck out of me:

* When Julian Wright is on the offensive end of the floor, he stands around too much. There are times when his man is watching Chris Paul and leaving a lane straight to the hoop. If JuJu cuts to the basket, he has the chance for a bounce feed for a lay up or the alley. He just doesn't do it. Ever.

*Hilton Armstrong has good form on his jumper, but I could probably count on my fingers how often he takes it.

* There's a woeful amount of off the ball movement outside of Peja and Butler, and then they only try to get open once then set up camp behind the arc somewhere.

*I've YET to see someone cut to the basket when David West has the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805
    I will say this, there are several things that irritate the heck out of me:

* When Julian Wright is on the offensive end of the floor, he stands around too much. There are times when his man is watching Chris Paul and leaving a lane straight to the hoop. If JuJu cuts to the basket, he has the chance for a bounce feed for a lay up or the alley. He just doesn't do it. Ever.

*Hilton Armstrong has good form on his jumper, but I could probably count on my fingers how often he takes it.

* There's a woeful amount of off the ball movement outside of Peja and Butler, and then they only try to get open once then set up camp behind the arc somewhere.

*I've YET to see someone cut to the basket when David West has the ball.

this is all coaching, it has been like this all year!!!!!!
    Micheal Jordan my all time favorite player, only watched him play 1 time in my life. We are lucky to have the opportunity to watch Chris Paul and now Anthony Davis!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate
    As of now, I don't think any key free agent is burning at the chance to play alongside Chris Paul with Byron Scott as our head coach. Losing by 58 points at home in a playoff game basically sealed that fate.

I disagree. Scott is one of the most respected coaches in the game. Kobe WILL lobby for him in L.A. The downfall was signing the wrong players to long contracts. This team has been winning on Scott's coaching and CP3 for 2 years now. That can only take you so far lacking true talent.

I also don't blame Scott for JR or Bass. Bass wanted to score points out of LSU. Only when he got kicked to Dallas did he learn the value of defense and rebounding, as Scott tried to make him realize here.

JR still doesnt play D, but now he has Melo and Billups to play off of. The Hornets had less talent than now when both were here.

I do question Wright minutes though. I would at least try him on Melo being that Peja, Posey, and Butler could not guard him.

All that said, the Hornets really only need a REAL 2 guard in the starting lineup, and more athleticism in the paint off the bench....and a REAL backup point guard.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-30-2009 at 01:34 AM.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    This team has been winning on Scott's coaching and CP3 for 2 years now.
    that's awesome. Even the biggest Scott fans only say you can't blame him for this, not that he was a driving force behind the wins.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by usafool
    this is all coaching, it has been like this all year!!!!!!
    You're right, too.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman
    I disagree. Scott is one of the most respected coaches in the game. Kobe WILL lobby for him in L.A. The downfall was signing the wrong players to long contracts. This team has been winning on Scott's coaching and CP3 for 2 years now. That can only take you so far lacking true talent.

I also don't blame Scott for JR or Bass. Bass wanted to score points out of LSU. Only when he got kicked to Dallas did he learn the value of defense and rebounding, as Scott tried to make him realize here.

JR still doesnt play D, but now he has Melo and Billups to play off of. The Hornets had less talent than now when both were here.

I do question Wright minutes though. I would at least try him on Melo being that Peja, Posey, and Butler could not guard him.

All that said, the Hornets really only need a REAL 2 guard in the starting lineup, and more athleticism in the paint off the bench....and a REAL backup point guard.

I disagree. Scott is one of the most respected coaches in the game. Kobe WILL lobby for him in L.A.

please god,it is our get out of jail free card. i am hoping phil retires and the lakers will want scott. please let this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    that's awesome. Even the biggest Scott fans only say you can't blame him for this, not that he was a driving force behind the wins.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions no matter how childish. Being someone who has actually played organized basketball, the problem is NOT coaching. The front office moves finally caught up to this team and now it's time to get some real ballers here.

I'm sure Cleveland fans sounded exactly like you about Mike Brown, and Orlando fans said the same about Doc Rivers. Even Phil Jackson couldn't help the Lakers until the front office got its act together over there. This team simply needs better players now. Be thankful they even won 49 games this year.

No high profile coach will come here and getting rid of Byron will set things back to 2004.

Name some great coaching moves or strategy you admire from BS. Talk about how he effectively manages games, players. etc. Go!

Name some great coaching moves or strategy you admire from BS. Talk about how he effectively manages games, players. etc. Go!
    Emphasis on defense. Defensive rotations. Effective use of Tyson Chandler on the pick -n-roll (without it he doesnt score). Managing the offensive end to CPs strengths. Turning David West into a decent fringe All-Star. Turning Rasual Butler from an end of bench player into a highly capable 6th man type.

Winning 56 and 49 games with a team of marginal athletic and overall talent.

Like I said, at some point you can no longer win on fumes, especially with injuries. It is high time to hold the front office accountable and get some real talent here. Scott cannot squeeze anything more from this roster.

Kobe Bryant is probably the most astute basketball player in the game, and holds Scott in high regard. So much so that they stay in communication I've read.

Don'tlet this series turn you into whining simpletons. They need to work their magic and get us a REAL 2 guard and more paint presence.
    Last edited by luckyman; 04-30-2009 at 02:00 AM.

Emphasis on defense. Defensive rotations. Effective use of Tyson Chandler on the pick -n-roll (without it he doesnt score). Managing the offensive end to CPs strengths. Turning David West into a decent fringe All-Star. Turning Rasual Butler from an end of bench player into a highly capable 6th man type.

Winning 56 and 49 games with a team of marginal athletic and overall talent.

Like I said, at some point you can no longer win on fumes, especially with injuries. It is high time to hold the front office accountable and get some real talent here. Scott cannot squeeze anything more from this roster.

Kobe Bryant is probably the most astute basketball player in the game, and holds Scott in high regard. So much so that they stay in communication I've read.

Don'tlet this series turn you into whining simpletons. They need to work their magic and get us a REAL 2 guard and more paint presence.
    Any coach can emphasize defense, that doesn't mean the players will listen. They clearly didn't listen much this series.

I don't see how this offense is tailored to CP, if anything it's bad for him. CP3 works best in transition situations which this team is rarely if ever in.

BS had nothing to do with Rasual stepping up, he found his shot again and it fell for most of the season. West was a pretty polished player out of college so it's hard to give him 100% credit there either.

This team won 56 games last year because everything fell into place, they won 49 this year soley on the backs of DX and CP. Coaching has been questionable at best the past 5 years. This series it was just magnified, no discipline, weak effort, poor defense, poor communication, lack of timely TOs, etc.

The Swagger
    Any coach can emphasize defense, that doesn't mean the players will listen. They clearly didn't listen much this series.

I don't see how this offense is tailored to CP, if anything it's bad for him. CP3 works best in transition situations which this team is rarely if ever in.

BS had nothing to do with Rasual stepping up, he found his shot again and it fell for most of the season. West was a pretty polished player out of college so it's hard to give him 100% credit there either.

This team won 56 games last year because everything fell into place, they won 49 this year soley on the backs of DX and CP. Coaching has been questionable at best the past 5 years. This series it was just magnified, no discipline, weak effort, poor defense, poor communication, lack of timely TOs, etc.
    So you are saying Butler just one day durinf the off season decided to practice his shot for no apparent reason?

you don't have an option for cp3 on the poll... but IMO west, chandler, and peja are gone next year. DX gets traded with Peja to a long term rebuilding project like sacramento, and chandler goes in a similar deal like the smith and wilcox deal to a team that ok's his toe.
    Last edited by SuperBMG; 04-30-2009 at 05:15 AM.
    WELCOME TO NOISE ORLEANS

Lafayett(school), Pineville (temporary), New Orleans(home sweet home)
    TC.

If Monday wasn't the writing on the wall, I don't know what it.

Let's get that BUZZ goin again

West and Chandler. i know i'm dreaming, but i would be ecstatic if it became reality.

So you are saying Butler just one day durinf the off season decided to practice his shot for no apparent reason?
    That's what NBA players do.

The Swagger
    That's what NBA players do.
    usually because the coaching staff makes them do it...im not defending Scott by any means but if you are gonna emphasize on all the bad things he has done, to be fair you have to atleast acknowledge the few(and I mean few) ood things he has done this year....and Butler drastically improving is one of them
    Last edited by Tmon818; 04-30-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Butler is a veteran, he didn't need a coach to tell him to shoot. You act like Butler is some J.R type that is too dumb to see the value of hard work.

Butler pretty much saw the writing on the wall that his career was toast if he didn't work his butt off in the offseason. coaches didn't have to tell him that.

The Swagger
    Look guys I understand you guys hate Scott, Im not to happy with him either BUT, he is still a coach and like it or not he does coach the team and he has done some good things his tenure year.

We don't hate Scott, we just understand that he is not a good coach. Just because he coaches the team doesn't mean I have to like him either, I'm not some blind fan who slurps up the teal kool-aid 24/7.

Thread Information