Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Who played their last game as a hornet?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Posey

4 4.49%
  • Peja

4 4.49%
  • West

6 6.74%
  • Chandler

42 47.19%
  • None of them

14 15.73%
  • 2 of them(specify)

16 17.98%
  • 3 of them(specify)

3 3.37%
  • All of them

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Realistically who do you think played their last game as a Hornet

The Swagger

Realistically who do you think played their last game as a Hornet

Peja, Posey, West, Chandler(Monday)

maybe peja and posey
    looking forward to next season

Cautiously Realistic! Contributor NOLA Brah!'s Avatar
    ely and bowen.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    LOL, no one will take on Peja, Posey, or Chandler's contracts. The only player that can be moved out of those four is DX. Some of you have to understand that teams do not want Peja, Mo, Posey, etc.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Can't really speak in absolutes like that but, nah, someone would have to think they can get a bunch out of Peja to take on his contract.

Anyway. AD, Bowen, and Ely are most likely going to get the broom. TC, DX, and JuJu might get moved in a trade.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    LOL, no one will take on Peja, Posey, or Chandler's contracts. The only player that can be moved out of those four is DX. Some of you have to understand that teams do not want Peja, Mo, Posey, etc.
    I agree. Maybe DX can be packaged with someone. Best case scenario for that. We have a bad roster with bad contracts.

Time for some football!!!

I voted 2 of them: Chandler & Posey. I don't think we can move Peja. West we'll keep in an attempt to keep CP3 happy.

David West has played his last game...he is our only tradable piece..
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

the only chips we have are dwest, julian, rasual and daniels expiring and hilton. you still have to replace ely, bowen and marks spots which expired tonight. no wiggle room. we have to hit on every move and get lucky.

The Swagger
    I think we should resign Marks for the minimum, I think of him as like a Pargo playing down low(high energy)...speaking of which do we still have rights to Pargo or did they expire?

Marks is a keeper, and I don't think we have the rights to Pargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmon818
    I think we should resign Marks for the minimum, I think of him as like a Pargo playing down low(high energy)...speaking of which do we still have rights to Pargo or did they expire?
    no player should be safe besides paul. if you can upgrade each position, you do it. lets no forget our bench failed and lacks athleticism. marks was brought here for the pick and pop game which was non existent. there are athletic players in the d league or players who will come over from europe who can help this team if our front office go out and find them. minimum contract players will have to be our best friend with our cap situation.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Marks is a keeper - for the end of the bench. This guy is not the answer. I'd rather have Greg Ostertag than this guy. He gave some good effort this year. That's great, but he isn't the answer. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Hornet
    Marks is a keeper - for the end of the bench. This guy is not the answer. I'd rather have Greg Ostertag than this guy. He gave some good effort this year. That's great, but he isn't the answer. Not even close.
    +1

The Swagger
    God No he is most certainly not the answer....but if we do indeed retool the roster this offseason I think keeping Marks would add much needed depth

God No he is most certainly not the answer....but if we do indeed retool the roster this offseason I think keeping Marks would add much needed depth
    this team need players who all don't rely on chris for their points coming from dunks. if he's the best we can sign then we have problems. not even for the end of the bench if you can find some young hungry players. you fill the end of the bench with young guys not mid 30 year old players. the cavs finally did that this year.

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Hornet
    Oh, I agree. Marks shouldn't be getting heavy mins. on a playoff team but he's a nice end of the bench guy. Reminds me of a more polished version of Jackson Vroman.

Marks & Hilton will stay, I'd go so far as to say Ely will be here next year too, we won't be trading for any decent bigs IMO.

isn't Ely under contract for next year?

There is no way Ely is in the NBA next year...

The Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by geaux hornets
    this team need players who all don't rely on chris for their points coming from dunks. if he's the best we can sign then we have problems. not even for the end of the bench if you can find some young hungry players. you fill the end of the bench with young guys not mid 30 year old players. the cavs finally did that this year.
    problem is the Cavs have an owner that was willing to go over the luxury, thats how they got Mo Williams. If we do go after any free agents this year(which is highly unlikely) Bower and Scott need to pitch and sell that the player gets to play with the best PG in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    this is one of the times when you can use the word never! and it won't be with us. we should have never signed him to a contract with a player option from the get go. we could have signed courtney sims with his spot.

The Swagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    sad thing is he has a ring

problem is the Cavs have an owner that was willing to go over the luxury, thats how they got Mo Williams. If we do go after any free agents this year(which is highly unlikely) Bower and Scott need to pitch and sell that the player gets to play with the best PG in the game.
    no the cavs didn't want to risk losing lebron and did whatever it takes as their fan base would never forgive them for losing him and their owner doesn't count his main income from owning his team.

could care less who we have , if we have the same old coaching style when it comes to amost everything.

offense slow and predictible.

our defense is not good we just slow the dam ball up so much we look good with a low point avg the other teams have agaisnt us..

other players will again be in byrons dogs house though out the year.

dont draft anyone cause they cant make it here

this team needs a new coach now, and if it does not happen look for this team to be even be worse next year and even worse the year after. cut your losses now with scott and the hopefuly you have a team that will progress not regress.
    Micheal Jordan my all time favorite player, only watched him play 1 time in my life. We are lucky to have the opportunity to watch Chris Paul and now Anthony Davis!!!

Thread Information