Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anybody else mad about the playoff scheduling?

Quote Originally Posted by roturn
    Yes, I am really thinking hard about choosing Jazz Fest on Saturday. It is by far the best day, I had plans of acmping out at the gentilly stage all day long...
    I'm new here, but that is pathetic. You should be ashamed to admit that.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Roturn,
    I hear ya. I have missed maybe 8 days of jazzfest in the last 10 years. But, you must go to the game and then to jazzfest. Everyone you mentioned, except wilco, can be seen anytime in the city. Plus, you will have plenty of time t catch Wilco.

Hey jazzfest is a sacred event in NOLA and there is no shame in choosing jazzfest. I will be at the game though and hope the win.

Swaggin' ya face off Contributor Dollar Theater's Avatar
    IMO, the NFL Draft is the most overrated sporting event of the year. I'll flip over every now and then to see who got picked up, but I can't just sit there and watch it religiously. Does it really take GM's nearly 30 minutes to choose a guy? I mean, come on.

Hornets playoff game >>>>>>>>> NFL Draft

Sec. 110 - You know me! Contributor roturn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordelon
    I'm new here, but that is pathetic. You should be ashamed to admit that.

No shame here, I know what type of fan I am, haven't missed a game in 4 years.

But with that being said, I had already made plans to go to Jazz Fest, that day, while yes outside of Wilco are all locals, is going to be a great day of music. It comes down to 2 1/2 hours of fun vs. 8 hours of fun. Really touhgt for me to justify a $50 ticket for just 3 hours, I don't like Wilco that much.

Leaning towards the game, draft & BBQ, then a late night show, but that's today. Come next Thursday, I might change my mind. Nevertheless, I would have no qualms about skipping the game to do something I look forward to and enjoy once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollar Theater
    IMO, the NFL Draft is the most overrated sporting event of the year. I'll flip over every now and then to see who got picked up, but I can't just sit there and watch it religiously. Does it really take GM's nearly 30 minutes to choose a guy? I mean, come on.

Hornets playoff game >>>>>>>>> NFL Draft
    I agree that a Hornets game is >>> than the draft, but it takes GM's 15 minutes to explore trades with other teams and decide who to pick. With the amount of money these Rookies get now-a-days, GM's have to be sure who's their guy.

As for Jazz Fest, if the Hornets are somehow up 2-0 when they come home, I may go to Jazz Fest over the Hornet game too.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral
    How would you like the schedule to look? This is no one's fault but our own. Had we received home court this would not be an issue. We're now at the mercy of the league and the broadcast stations. There can only be so many days off between games.
    They should have at least given us a night game. Also, there is a lot of time between game 1 and 2 for them both being in Denver. We should have been playing Tuesday and then have the 2 travel days to play on Friday and Sunday. That would have left Sunday as an issue, but a night game would have cured that.

Sec. 110 - You know me! Contributor roturn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    They should have at least given us a night game. Also, there is a lot of time between game 1 and 2 for them both being in Denver. We should have been playing Tuesday and then have the 2 travel days to play on Friday and Sunday. That would have left Sunday as an issue, but a night game would have cured that.

Wow, hold up cheif..Earth, Wind, and Fire close up Jazz Fest on Sunday, I ain't missing that. But a night game on Saturday would have been better, say 8:30 or so, give me a enough time to leave the fairgrounds and get to the Arena.

I'll call Stern right now.

you know how some people are that are saints fans...

either way looking on stubhub because i might go to game 6, and tickets for our home games have a higher minimum than tickets for denver's games

denver starts at 15, 14, 11 and 18

meanwhile you gotta pay 25, 26, and 28 to get into our building
    WELCOME TO NOISE ORLEANS

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBMG

either way looking on stubhub because i might go to game 6, and tickets for our home games have a higher minimum than tickets for denver's games

That's interesting.

I, for one, don't think there will be too big of a crowd problem in the arena.

Those that are bent on going to the game, will go to the game, especially if they're tied or up 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBMG

That is impressive given all that is going on in NOLA that weekend. And they say we can't support our team.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jazzfest is more than one day and lasts longer than 2 and a half hours at midday on Saturday. The draft isn't until 3pm, btw. Draft coverage starts at noon.

The game should be over by then.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'd bet these schedules are made prior to teams clinching.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

Lots to do !

There is usually other things to do in all cities during playoff games. If you want a "city" atmosphere you want things to do right ? It draws folks to New Orleans. Fans will show up for a playoff game. Enjoy the fact that New Orleans will be making money with all these events. Enjoy the series..

GV
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

Starter
    last year i think at the last minute they moved the spurs game ,that was on a sat night,from 6pm to 9pm. That was a long day but it was awesome. The crowd was sunburned,drunk and ready to yell. Took a cab straight from the fest to the arena and made it there with time to spare. Hopefully they will move the game to later time .
    otherwise just go to the game and then go to the fest, take a cab and you will be at the fairgrounds by 3

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryv
    There is usually other things to do in all cities during playoff games. If you want a "city" atmosphere you want things to do right ? It draws folks to New Orleans. Fans will show up for a playoff game. Enjoy the fact that New Orleans will be making money with all these events. Enjoy the series..

GV
    +1

Time for some football!!!

i hate this game is so late tonight i just want to watch some hornets playoff basketball

We got to play at the best possible time we could have I mean we get the very last playoff game which is great for us since we have alot of guys who need to rest up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxidriver
    We got to play at the best possible time we could have I mean we get the very last playoff game which is great for us since we have alot of guys who need to rest up.
    That's what I was thinking, especially regarding T Chandler.

This is the thing hanging over the Hornets like a huge cloud.

What is the consensus here regarding him? Is he going to be close to 100%, or just 90%, or just 80%, or just what? Does anyone have enough real information to be specific about what is expected regarding him?

Because it made my day yesterday when on ABC Magic Johnson predicted Hornets over Nuggets, but he qualified it by saying that if Chandler is not good, the Nuggets could (and I'm guessing he meant probably would) win.

I'm telling you that I know for a fact that Magic Johnson is right and that the Nuggets can be defeated, but that they probably won't be defeated if Tyson Chandler is hobbled.

Not that it's easy to win any playoff series with a hobbled center, but in this case it's even more important to have a good center.

Because Nene, the Nuggets' center, is roughly a 2nd year man as far as the playoffs are concerned, with little playoff experience. Also, Nene's defensive hands are not playoff caliber, and he is vulnerable to foul trouble. The playoff refs are going to be all over him, but only if he has someone to foul will he get into foul trouble all the time. If neither Chandler nor a substitute for him go after Nene way down low, Nene may end up with a free pass for his inexperience and for his lack of ability to defend without fouling too much, which will give the Nuggets a much better chance of winning the series.

OK, by 9:30pm do they they mean CST? Gonna be a late night for my east-coast *** if that's the case.
    "We may raise some eyebrows, but we're not in this to get excited or raise eyebrows." - Monty Williams

The game tips off about 4 hours from right now.

I'm in eastern time zone, gonna be a late one. Regarding Jazz Fest, I can't explain how jealous I am of yall who have to decide between a playoff game and Jazz Fest... damn! And for the record, jazz fest has priority over hornets game, but you can still go to the game and then the fest. Thank god it wasn't a 3 oclock game or anything like that. Let's hope the hornets win enough so that I have the problem yall have this weekend for the 2nd weekend of jazz fest!
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

Thread Information