Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: TYSON FAILS PHYSICAL; BACK WITH HORNETS {merged - post 401 medical update}

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    If I have to guess Tyson will be extremely motivated in the 2nd half, this is definetly awkward. I hope the Hornets just stand pat and don't get too desperate to ship TC/or someone out. This certainly complicates the luxury tax though.

Welcome back, TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thechosen1
    This is suspicious...the thunder could still take chandler if they wanted
    Definitely suspicious on their end. They could have easily rested Chandler all year and let him heal. I think they ended up regretting the deal and used the turf toe as an excuse...even if it's somewhat of a legit reason.

So sorry to all those who just couldn't wait to see the awesomeness that is Chris Wilcox. But, look on the bright side, he'll be a free agent in a few months!

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    Stop trying...it will only upset you.
    Tell me about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    It still only pays if a player is forced to retire because of his injuries. What are you missing?
    tell me where it says that for EVERY contract

here's another example

LaFrentz's free contract

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79
    I love how everybody was so willing to give Drew Brees the benefit of the doubt after his THROWING SHOULDER got torn up and the Dolphins rejected him after examining him, but you won't give TC a shot.

You guys are ridiculous. He needs to shut it down this year and we'll be great for next season. Trade Posey - the guy's a bum and MoPete/Sual/JuJu/Peja can combine to do everything he does for us.
    Because Drew was good before his injury, not the case with TC

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    this is gonna hurt the Hornets organization and our chances to stay afloat in New Orleans...be careful what you all wish for

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler313
    So sorry to all those who just couldn't wait to see the awesomeness that is Chris Wilcox. But, look on the bright side, he'll be a free agent in a few months!
    Too bad we're stuck with a guy who will carry his toe injury into its third season because he refused to have surgery, and he'll take his contract with him.

We won't be able to afford him..we will be paying the luxury tax. Thanks TC!
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    tyson, is that you??

I am the GrooGrux King Contributor DenatureX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry4598
    this is gonna hurt the Hornets organization and our chances to stay afloat in New Orleans...be careful what you all wish for
    ding ding ding

So how are we going to get under the luxury tax now? I'm glad he's back, but I'm still wondering how we will get under.

so yall think we'll get deuce back to

im happy tc is back, i wonder what the players reaction was when they heard this
    looking forward to next season

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    Tell me about it...
    you're not even reading what i provide to you

Deng held out due to orders from his contract's insurer

Because MetLife has excluded Deng, he can't play in a qualifying tournament for the Olympics next summer without additional insurance, and as you'd expect, a policy to insure a $71 million contract isn't exactly cheap. How expensive? Try $500,000 a summer for each of the next three years. All told, that's about half of the national team's entire budget.
    please pay close attention and actually read what i'm about to type

OWNED

We won't be able to afford him..we will be paying the luxury tax. Thanks TC!
    thank james posey and bower for signing him

Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven
    tell me where it says that for EVERY contract

here's another example

LaFrentz's free contract
    Raef was forced to retire and hasn't played a game this year.

I hope Tyson feels unwelcomed. He is a slacker and just cost our organization big time. I question the medical staff of the Thunder. I think the league should look into their findings. I think they had buyers remorse and bothced the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    So how are we going to get under the luxury tax now? I'm glad he's back, but I'm still wondering how we will get under.
    We won't...

How awkward is it going to be for TC to see Shinn, Bower, etc. again? Maybe someone will video the reception.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    thank james posey and bower for signing him
    posey has been more productive than chandler this season

what if we trade posey away for cash

hopefully by tommorow, i wont wake up and see dwest traded away are something stupid like that, do yall still think we will make trade

We won't...
    The scary thought now, is Shinn panicking and trading away DX. He's the only asset with a big contract left.

Dude insurance will only pay the contract of a player that is forced to retire DUE TO INJURIES...see the Jammal Mashburn case when he was only the Sixers roster but didnt play a minute for a whole season

you're not even reading what i provide to you

Deng held out due to orders from his contract's insurer

please pay close attention and actually read what i'm about to type

OWNED
    Being insured and having it pay out are two different things. To have it pay out, you'd have to have a career ending injury. Chandler probably does have insurance, but it would only pay out if he's forced to retire. Owned? What are you, twelve?

SloFloPro, please, give it a rest.

Thread Information