Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: TYSON FAILS PHYSICAL; BACK WITH HORNETS {merged - post 401 medical update}

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead311
    Hilton Armstrong and an undersized Chris Wilcox defending Tim Duncan or Pau Gasol in a 7 game series?

Yeah I don't think so.
    What he said.

Rookie
    I don't think there will be much awkwardness once he gets settled back in. From all post-trade reports he was very well liked by the coaching staff and his teammates.

Coach Scott had this to say about the trade.

"I think a lot of that is because of the injuries that he's suffered this season," Hornets coach Byron Scott said after the trade. "The first couple games of the season, he was playing really well. Then he hurt his ankle. He came back, he was playing pretty good again, and then his neck was hurt.

"So he's had a series of injuries this season that have really stunted his progress, unfortunately. I don't think it's so much that he's changed as a basketball player. I think it's that he's had some unfortunate circumstances."

Scott had lamented the trade as the toughest he'd had to deal with as a coach, because he had believed in Chandler's ability to continue developing his offensive game and he had a personal friendship with Chandler. The two planned to travel to the Bahamas in the offseason with a group.

"He's a coach's dream. He'll do whatever you ask him to do, and he'll do it to the best of his ability. He has no excuses about him," Scott said.

"He's just going to go out there and try to do everything possible to win. I told him I was sick. I was sick about it. I said, `From a personal standpoint, I'm sick to see you go. But from a professional standpoint, this is our business and this is what happens in the business."'

Scott said he was "just kind of quiet for a little while" after general manager Jeff Bower informed him that the trade had been completed.

"I know we as coaches aren't supposed to get emotionally involved, but we are human beings," Scott said.

Now, Scott and the rest of the Hornets might not have to worry about saying goodbye but instead get a chance to see what Chandler can do if he gets healthy again.

"I still think the sky's the limit for Tyson," Scott said. "He has had an injury-plagued season, there's no doubt about that."

This is bizarre dudes!

Post trade cancellation comments:

Chris Paul: “Hopefully it’ll give us a huge lift,” Paul said. “Hopefully, it’ll bring us closer together. There won’t be any animosity when he comes in here. He understands what the goal is all along.”

“It’s all about what we have to do to get to the playoffs,” Paul said. “Even with TC back, we’re still without our enforcer in the lane. Every game here until the end of the season is very important for us. We have to pile up as many wins as possible.”

David West: “We’ve got a guy we’re pretty comfortable with,” All-Star forward David West said. “A guy we know, when healthy, what he can bring to our basketball club. We’ve got to make sure he comes in understanding…I think he knows how we feel as players. We’ll get him re-acclimated. I mean, he has only been gone for one day.”

Byron Scott: “I don’t know the results of their doctors, but he’ll be back here tomorrow,” Scott said. “Everybody will give him a big hug and try to get ready for this next trip.”

“Definitely concerned about it,” Scott said. “I thought Bower made a great point to our guys that it was strictly a basketball decision on what we needed. I’m disappointed with some of the guys we have. That hasn’t changed. Now with TC coming back, it still hasn’t changed.”

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven
    define "move forward with"
    We are going to "move forward with" OUT you. How about that? I'm sure most everyone can agree on this...tomorrow will be a better day without you. Take 24 hours off...if/when you come back, bring some quality to the board...because you've posted an awful lot and really haven't brought anything of substance.

At the game tonight I actually saw the trainer (don't know the name but who he is) walk off the bench in the middle of the game and into the tunnel the hornets walk out of while on the phone. I thought it was really weird and odd to do during a game, so I guess I can speculate that is when the news was breaking to the hornets about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler313
    Byron Scott: “I don’t know the results of their doctors, but he’ll be back here tomorrow,” Scott said. “Everybody will give him a big hug and try to get ready for this next trip.”

“Definitely concerned about it,” Scott said. “I thought Bower made a great point to our guys that it was strictly a basketball decision on what we needed. I’m disappointed with some of the guys we have. That hasn’t changed. Now with TC coming back, it still hasn’t changed.
    I wonder who exactly he is referring to?
    "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" Muhammad Ali

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Mo/Juju/Ely for sure, maybe Hilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Blaze
    I wonder who exactly he is referring to?
    Everybody except CP3

Just came online and saw the news. Wow, I don't know what to say. I just hope he gets well real fast and return to help the team.

Mo looked like he was in great shape in training camp... I wonder if it's more that he's banged up this season, and Butler is playing better than ever, than he is disappointed in Peterson?

Damn, ya'll... I think JKM hates Tyson more than I hate Posey

WOW! What a rollercoaster of a ride for 24 hours! First I was upset because I, like everyone, loved Tyson. Then I was mad at owners for a) salary dumping. Then curious if this had anything to do with b) Tyson's production this year or c) our lack of depth behind Armstrong. Obviously it was d) Tyson is not healthy. He clearly did not do what he needed to do to come to the Hornets healthy and prepared to play. Like Alg said, if you FAIL a physical, you are not coming back anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Loh_03
    Just came online and saw the news. Wow, I don't know what to say. I just hope he gets well real fast and return to help the team.
    Me too, but I have a feeling thats like hoping Dale Earnhardt will get well and return to NASCAR.

Rookie
    The smiles in the Hornets' post-game dressing room spoke volumes, the widest of which was worn by All-Star forward David West, who was highly critical of Tuesday's trade.

"Hey man, sometimes things happen. That's all I got to say," West said. "We've just got to make sure he understands when he gets back in here -- we'll see him in the morning -- I think he knows as players how we felt about him leaving. He's just got to be ready to come back, get healthy and get back to work."
    All-Star guard Chris Paul, who expressed disappointment at the prospect of his friend being traded, said Wednesday he was excited to have Chandler return.

"Hopefully he comes back and hits the ground running," Paul said. "He's still injured. But when he gets back, he knows what time it is. I think he can give us a huge lift. Hopefully, it can bring us closer together. T.C. is family to us. There won't be any animosity when he comes in here. He understands what the goal has been all along."
    "I know sometimes we get emotional," Hornets forward Peja Stojakovic said. "We have to deal with that the best possible way. For us, it's great. Tyson is always a big part of this organization and an unbelievable person.

"You get attached to certain guys, and there's a great chemistry going on. I was surprised. I don't know how many times these things happen in the league. But it's great. He's still part of this team. Now, it's a matter of how he's going to deal with this and accept it."
    http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/200...k_by_horn.html

You guys are missing a very important thought.

Shinn is going to view this as though Jesus himself has vetoed the trade and told him to "make this work with Tyson".

Shinn will probably be telling this story next year, that tonight after this trade broke down he went home and read his Bible and somehow was guided to the story of Jesus directing the fisherman to cast his net on the other side of the boat. Shinn is going to have faith that Tyson is sent back for a reason.

I guarantee you this will happen. I wish Vegas had odds on something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg
    I'm done being p!ssed about this Chandler deal/no deal... I wanted to see Wilcox and Joe Smith doin their thang in the arena.

But now... I think Peja should have his bags packed... if his 3-pointer isn't falling he's useless to us.
    hes still a beautiful beautiful man...but u are right sire...

Photobucket
    New Orleans Where The Heart Is...
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79

Shinn is going to view this as though Jesus himself has vetoed the trade and told him to "make this work with Tyson".

Shinn will probably be telling this story next year, that tonight after this trade broke down he went home and read his Bible and somehow was guided to the story of Jesus directing the fisherman to cast his net on the other side of the boat. Shinn is going to have faith that Tyson is sent back for a reason.

that was hilarious

Harvey, I do have one question for you...

In the 2 weeks before his injury, Tyson was clearly playing more aggressive and effective ball. If you take out a couple of games that he got in foul trouble with, he was averaging well over a double-double for a span of about 7 games (2 weeks). He was also shooting something like 70% from the field and hitting about 70% of his free throws during this time as well.

Also, he publicly acknowledged that he himself was unhappy with the bad start, and that he was turning it around.

Was his turf toe even lingering during that time? He seemed to be running the court well. I don't understand how this resurfaced while he's been resting his foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Me too, but I have a feeling thats like hoping Dale Earnhardt will get well and return to NASCAR.
    So basically he won't be back for awhile. Great.

Between the Hornets and the Saints, it would be nice to see our guys, you know, play out a healthy season so we could see exactly what we have.

Seems like little to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by DenatureX
    Mo Pete used to start
    are u asking me or tellin me.... james posey was good for all his teams...and mo pete was good for toronto..and yes he started..he somehow turned crappy and useless when he got here...we were after him for a while...

yo what does that thomas jeff quote mean i like it but im retarded...

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if this comes true.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash
    So basically he won't be back for awhile. Great.
    I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is once you have a condition (like in Dale Earnhardt's case, death), you can't change it. In TC's case, I'm sure he will play at some point...maybe even play well (like he did prior to going down again)....and then be hurt...and then play...and then be hurt. Maybe I'm reading too much into what seems to be a trend (lingering injuries) but I just have a hard time seeing TC stay healthy for long periods. Big men with lingering wheel problems struggle to stay healthy and play consistently when they can play.

Good Morning Lord!

Thread Information