Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: TYSON FAILS PHYSICAL; BACK WITH HORNETS {merged - post 401 medical update}

Quote Originally Posted by JOE in NO
    Look's like Bower won't be getting any rest tonight. Just because TC failed the Thunder physical doesn't mean he'd fail every team's physical, so we could see another trade tomorrow.

Well I just hope he doesn't come back with a "they don't want me here" attitude and tank his rehab. I hope TC realizes why the front office made the move and things aren't too awkward when he comes back. We'll see pretty quickly...

exactly. this isn't over. not yet at least.

if u think you've seen foul trouble with Hilton - you haven't seen Wilcox, the Dude is a lock to foul out (or sit with 5, big diff?) if he plays 30 minutes

energy - but sloppy. Yao?.. Duncan?.. Dirk.. stoudemire/shaq.. Gasol.. Aldridge/Oden.. Not saying Chandler is lockdown but WHO even begins to MATCHUP with these guys outside of TC?? Armstrong goes into fall trouble - Marks gets embarrassed

Be glad to have Tyson back..

Chris Paul - 46 oops this year... 41 to TC. would hate to miss that

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    wtf is this?

poor people in traffic.

CRESCENT CITY CONNECTION! ITS AWESOME BAAABY!

Banned
    WTF...is wrong with Chandler??? It has to be more than that mild ankle sprain!! What's next...he's gonna get surgery and be out for the rest of the year??

well and Gooden is now traded

Quote Originally Posted by stbviper22
    If shinn really wants to cut payroll like some of you actually believed then he can trade chandler in the offseason. We only made a trade that will help us THIS season.

Waiting til the offseason wouldn't have helped the luxury tax situation at all. That trade wasn't made to help THIS season it was made to dump Tyson.

maybe this will allow them to play loose and have some fun out there, which it did'nt look like they were doing the first half of the season. It looked like the expectations were putting a lot of added pressure on them. Now that they got their boy back they can loosen up and have some fun and kick everyone's ***
    Photobucket

I don't agree. I think Wilcox and Smith (this year) are better than the Tyson Chandler we saw all season.

I think we should blame the bulls for paying him so much.

Anyone else think Bower is gonna make a trade tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    How awkward is it going to be for TC to see Shinn, Bower, etc. again? Maybe someone will video the reception.
    I would pay to see that footage.

Quote Originally Posted by showstoppa618
    Yes I do. If he does not, I will not be shocked, but I expect Shinn has asked him to see if anyone else may want TC.

will there be a press conference with bower and scott, and awarding tyson his new jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by stbviper22
    If shinn really wants to cut payroll like some of you actually believed then he can trade chandler in the offseason. We only made a trade that will help us THIS season.
    Waiting untill the offseason means Shinn would have to pay the Tax next year becuase whoever they would trade for would be very close to what TC makes and have a contract through next year. If the Hornets don't cut salary (meaning trade for expiring contracts) by tomorrow at 2:00 they are in the luxary tax next year.

Quote Originally Posted by showstoppa618
    He sure as heck will be trying, but we do not have too many players that other teams are interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by meduplan

I beat you too it...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    We're stuck with this team for one year but will have $14M expiring in 2010 with Daniels, Butler, Wright, and Armstrong. Furthermore, I disagree with your assertion that the Tyson deal was just about dumping payroll. I think it was about his lingering injury and our lack of depth in the frontcourt. The cap space wouldn't have hurt though...

Yeah that's all nice and good for 2010. But it's widely known around the league that Shinn is focused on cutting the payroll in 2009. Yes it was about dumping Ty and his serious injury but Bowers talk about adding frontcourt depth was BS. Niether Joe Smith or Wilcoxs agents were going to get a phone call from the Hornets at all on July 1st. It was a salary dump plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    He sure as heck will be trying, but we do not have too many players that other teams are interested in.
    Yup.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    I'm not sure how to feel about this..I'm glad TC is there. Luckily the guys he has to work with were not for the trade so I don't see any issues with the locker room but dang... I hope he's OK.. curious who we dump now.. Hopefully we wait until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead311
    Yeah that's all nice and good for 2010. But it's widely known around the league that Shinn is focused on cutting the payroll in 2009. Yes it was about dumping Ty and his serious injury but Bowers talk about adding frontcourt depth was BS. Niether Joe Smith or Wilcoxs agents were going to get a phone call from the Hornets at all on July 1st. It was a salary dump plain and simple.
    That's where we may disagree and for THIS YEAR, I think Wilcox and Smith would have given us a better shot at going deeper into the playoffs that what Tyson had given this year. Furthermore, we wouldn't have had Tyson's cap number in 2010 either, making us fairly big players to improve.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    TC is untradeable at the moment. He'll be with us the rest of the year, and quite likely, longer.

Time for some football!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by all2neat
    I'm not sure how to feel about this..I'm glad TC is there. Luckily the guys he has to work with were not for the trade so I don't see any issues with the locker room but dang... I hope he's OK.. curious who we dump now.. Hopefully we wait until the summer.
    Why do you want to wait? We need help NOW!! Hilton as starting center is an embarrasment man...we need to make a move now.

Just cam back to the boards....man what is hell? I feel like I'm in the freaking Twilight Zone!!!!!! I was waiting for the just kidding to show up...but it didn't...my favorite Hornet is back. Yeah!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    That's where we may disagree and for THIS YEAR, I think Wilcox and Smith would have given us a better shot at going deeper into the playoffs that what Tyson had given this year. Furthermore, we wouldn't have had Tyson's cap number in 2010 either, making us fairly big players to improve.
    Hilton Armstrong and an undersized Chris Wilcox defending Tim Duncan or Pau Gasol in a 7 game series?

Yeah I don't think so.

This is the truth.....

Not to sound like an idiot guys, but as an OKC fan, I'll tell you straight up that having Tyson Chandler on the bench in a suit is more effective than having Chris Wilcox out on the court. That's how lazy that dude is and he's always been that way. He has to be absolutely pushed to give any real effort, and I have a feeling that he's gonna end up gone either way eventually. We're trying to build for the future and we've got a killer young 3 with Durant, Green, and Westbrook. A guy like Wilcox with his lazy attitude isn't gonna help the cause. Joe Smith is a very professional guy, very classy, a veteran with playoff experience and a leader, he can also still play some ball. I'll admit, I was very excited about the thought of getting Tyson becuz he would have fit great with our youngbloods, but I guess if he's a liability, then there's no reason to spend all that money. I love our new guys, Durant is like a mini Michael Jordan, no B.S.....he's the real deal and only 20 years old, and Jeff Green and Russell "Hustle" Westbrook will both be stars. But damn....I miss CP3 and D West. Byron Scott is also a good, classy coach, it was a pleasure having him coach that team while they were here. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

Thread Information