Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: TYSON FAILS PHYSICAL; BACK WITH HORNETS {merged - post 401 medical update}

Banned
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was looking forward to having Wilcox and SMith after this game, Hubie was so high on this trade..........Im so P'DDDD

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    If the Hornets are as desperate to get under the lux. tax as they say they are, no one outside of CP3 is untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by JKM
    I hope Tyson feels unwelcomed. He is a slacker and just cost our organization big time. I question the medical staff of the Thunder. I think the league should look into their findings. I think they had buyers remorse and bothced the deal.
    yeah word..post this on nba.com....voice needs to be heard..yeah im mixed we have the CCC back but hes badly injured and wont help..and posey is good he just sucks for us just like mo pete...they both used to be standouts..mo pete used to avg 13
    New Orleans Where The Heart Is...
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Will Chandler hold a grudge against the team/FO and start coasting?

I hope Chris Paul and David West , will go to TC's house and wait on his lame tail, so as his little toe can get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonized
    Ha ok... didn't know it was an MRI that sealed his fate... I just heard about this a few minutes ago. Thought it was the normal checkup... Tyson walks in, limping then collapses or something
    i was actually thinking something like that too, i would do anthing to not live in oklahoma city
    looking forward to next season

I am the GrooGrux King Contributor DenatureX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cp34mvp
    yeah word..post this on nba.com....voice needs to be heard..yeah im mixed we have the CCC back but hes badly injured and wont help..and posey is good he just sucks for us just like mo pete...they both used to be standouts..mo pete used to avg 13
    Mo Pete used to start

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    If the Hornets are as desperate to get under the lux. tax as they say they are, no one outside of CP3 is untouchable.
    Who said they were desperate? Chandler's trade was more about the concern with his physical condition than cap space - cap space was lagniappe - you still don't know the entire story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet
    he has been coasting all season, what is new?

Passion. Purpose. Pride.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet
    He cares too much about his teammates to do that. Plus, DWest and CP would be all over his case. I don't think this is an issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_Bound
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was looking forward to having Wilcox and SMith after this game, Hubie was so high on this trade..........Im so P'DDDD
    Yea I was high on this trade too. Hubie is a guy I respect and he made some good points about this trade. We have a legit 5 again but having tyson limits us in so many ways now. Like someone said, you can kiss peja and multiple players goodbye.

I'm not advocating the idea, please don't hinge on my every word. My point is, the Hornets are feeling a ton of pressure to get under the luxury tax and DX's contract would do the trick. I'd be absolutely crushed if we traded DX, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.
    Actually, it is out of the realm of possibility. His contract is a bargain and only gets better. Why would they trade a perfectly healthy star to save $4M in luxury tax penalties? That's just silly.

Think hard people - trades don't get rescinded because of injuries if the receiving team believes the injured player will be able to contribute. YHT was drooling all over themselves about Tyson joining the team and bragging about how they took advantage of the Hornets. This is not a good sign.

I'm not advocating the idea, please don't hinge on my every word. My point is, the Hornets are feeling a ton of pressure to get under the luxury tax and DX's contract would do the trick. I'd be absolutely crushed if we traded DX, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I agree it is possible. It depends on how badly Shinn needs to cut payroll.

Peja is untradeable.
    Mo Pete is untradeable.
    Posey is untradeable (if Boston or Cleveland wanted him at his price they would've have signed him in the summer.)
    Chandler is now untradeable.
    It's impossible to get an expiring for A Daniels.

Rasual is tradeable but would only slash 4 million.

DX is pretty much the only tradeable asset that would significantly cut payroll.

Depends on how desperate Shinn is but it is possible.

wtf is luxury tax and everyone stop *****ing like a bunch of babies and embrace a fallen but regained soldier....TC is back...

Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    Who said they were desperate? Chandler's trade was more about the concern with his physical condition than cap space - cap space was lagniappe - you still don't know the entire story. This is not a good sign.
    He doesn't chose to get the entire story. Some will only see what they want to see.

Passion. Purpose. Pride.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead311
    I agree it is possible. It depends on how badly Shinn needs to cut payroll.

Peja is untradeable.
    Mo Pete is untradeable.
    Posey is untradeable (if Boston or Cleveland wanted him at his price they would've have signed him in the summer.)
    Chandler is now untradeable.
    It's impossible to get an expiring for A Daniels.

Rasual is tradeable but would only slash 4 million.

DX is pretty much the only tradeable asset that would significantly cut payroll.

Depends on how desperate Shinn is but it is possible.
    No, it's not.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    You don't have to insult people at every turn, SFIA.

What I do not get is why everyone liked the trade so much and is ready to give up on the year already!! Without Chandler who is going to cover Duncan or Amare in the playoffs??The only person who should be let go is Bower for continuously making these stupid moves to cover up other stupid moves!! Chandler makes this team better and if he did not players on the team would not have stepped up like they did!!! Bower is the problem not Chandler. Do you see the Lakers trading Bynum because he is hurt or trading Gasol because they gave Bynum money?? No the bottom line is that Chandler is 7 1 and when healthy as he may be in a week or so gives this a chance in the playoffs. Without him we may as well just pack it in. And just to prove my point further how many times did we foul Howard?? 20 because we have no C and now we have one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DSchexnaydre
    No, it's not.

Uhh if Shinn is desperate to cut payroll, then yes it is possible.

You don't have to insult people at every turn, SFIA.
    No insult. If it's silly, it's silly. Coddling on this board gets you nowhere and neither does providing facts in most instances. Some will see what they want to see without regard for what they might not know or understand. And even when the information changes, like the fact that Chandler was injured and has been injured since last year (because he wouldn't take the surgery), people still blindly profess their love for the fact that he's back, nevermind how crippled his contract will leave the organization. But he used to dunk really cool!!!

Banned
    The thing to look at is that the Thunder would be willing to waive the trade and not gain a young starting center for years to come (something they desperately need). They obviously think he isn't going to do anything for them for the next few years.

If they would rather the expiring contracts of Wilcox and Smith for this season, over the prospect of TC for the next few years that tells you all you need to know about his injury. And they certainly aren't trying to win this year

I am the GrooGrux King Contributor DenatureX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dad
    What I do not get is why everyone liked the trade so much and is ready to give up on the year already!! Without Chandler who is going to cover Duncan or Amare in the playoffs??The only person who should be let go is Bower for continuously making these stupid moves to cover up other stupid moves!! Chandler makes this team better and if he did not players on the team would not have stepped up like they did!!! Bower is the problem not Chandler. Do you see the Lakers trading Bynum because he is hurt or trading Gasol because they gave Bynum money?? No the bottom line is that Chandler is 7 1 and when healthy as he may be in a week or so gives this a chance in the playoffs. Without him we may as well just pack it in. And just to prove my point further how many times did we foul Howard?? 20 because we have no C and now we have one!!!
    Chandler would have fouled out in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry4598
    this is gonna hurt the Hornets organization and our chances to stay afloat in New Orleans...be careful what you all wish for

Finally somebody says it...

Looking back to the Future BayouBaller23's Avatar
    Can someone please post a link or copy/paste HH's input on chandler's injuries

Thread Information