Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: TYSON FAILS PHYSICAL; BACK WITH HORNETS {merged - post 401 medical update}

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    The scary thought now, is Shinn panicking and trading away DX. He's the only asset with a big contract left.
    He won't do that...but he will try like hell to move peja this summer
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzlovetacos
    what if we trade posey away for cash

hopefully by tommorow, i wont wake up and see dwest traded away are something stupid like that, do yall still think we will make trade
    we can only trade that contract away to a team under the cap

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    The scary thought now, is Shinn panicking and trading away DX. He's the only asset with a big contract left.
    That's silly. West has a relatively tiny contract for an All Star power forward. Furthermore, the team would be weaker by losing a great young player who is playing (West) and keeping one who isn't (Chandler). Wow...

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar

Scary thought about Chandler coming back

We all know Hornets camp is panicking right now, a scary though about that is them making West available in an emergency type of situation. He's the only valuable player with a big contract left.

All-Star
    So who else thinks Tyson faked his physical?

"There is one spot on the globe, the possessor of which is our natural and habitual enemy. It is New Orleans."
    -Thomas Jefferson

i was thinking the same thing
    looking forward to next season

That's silly. West has a relatively tiny contract for an All Star power forward. Furthermore, the team would be weaker by losing a great young player who is playing (West) and keeping one who isn't (Chandler). Wow...

Look, I think the failed physical gives everyone a BIG clue as to why the Hornets wanted to do this deal.....

DX and CP3 are untouchables.

Passion. Purpose. Pride.    Contributor   
    They won't move David West. It's not even an option. His contract actually de-escalates per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    Dude insurance will only pay the contract of a player that is forced to retire DUE TO INJURIES...see the Jammal Mashburn case when he was only the Sixers roster but didnt play a minute for a whole season
    that is not true

maybe that particular policy

this is a big deal with michael redd because he may be out all of next year and the bucks are in a similar financial situation as the hornets

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonized
    He ghosted his MRI?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonized
    o yes thats real possible

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman
    Oh I guess that means we're a championship caliber team again now?
    yep
    New Orleans Where The Heart Is...
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

but, shinn is silly

Nope, DX and CP3 are untouchables

You thought there was an outcry when Chandler was traded, it would be bad if DX were traded - and CP3 would probably be the first to scream.

I'm so mixed on this.....I dont know whether to love or to hate YHT even more because of this. Wow, I cant remember the last time I saw a trade get rescinded. Geez.

Mo Pete, with Julian is our best chance. Maybe Posey, but that will probably not happen.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    I'm not advocating the idea, please don't hinge on my every word. My point is, the Hornets are feeling a ton of pressure to get under the luxury tax and DX's contract would do the trick. I'd be absolutely crushed if we traded DX, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven
    that is not true

maybe that particular policy

this is a big deal with michael redd because he may be out all of next year and the bucks are in a similar financial situation as the hornets
    Is Redd going to be force to retire? No!!!

He will be back next year...

What a turn of events...I really am speechless right now. CP3 will keep this team afloat no matter what, but I don't know what to think moving forward. Geaux Hornets!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmaninc68
    posey has been more productive than chandler this season

Posey has been God-awful for going on 2 months now. It's astounding how everybody still loves him.

Tired of people whining about George Shinn having to pay a luxury tax. Waaahhhh!!! I feel so sorry for multimilionaires who mortgage their teams becaus ethey awarded overinflated contracts to mediocre talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrbg20
    I'm so mixed on this.....I dont know whether to love or to hate YHT even more because of this. Wow, I cant remember the last time I saw a trade get rescinded. Geez.
    I hate YHT now more than ever...

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    He ghosted his MRI?
    Ha ok... didn't know it was an MRI that sealed his fate... I just heard about this a few minutes ago. Thought it was the normal checkup... Tyson walks in, limping then collapses or something

Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    Nope, DX and CP3 are untouchables

You thought there was an outcry when Chandler was traded, it would be bad if DX were traded - and CP3 would probably be the first to scream.
    that probably wont be that big of an outrage because alot of people on here was trying to trade west

Thread Information