Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: TYSON FAILS PHYSICAL; BACK WITH HORNETS {merged - post 401 medical update}

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dad
    If he was so bad why would the team including CP# and West be pissed!!!

TC was their friend... them being ticked off had nothing to do with basketball. Of course they say that to the media because you don't throw your teammate under the bus, but don't believe they'll miss him on the court.

so how do we get under the lux tax?

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    What if he was desperate to try to get rid of Jamal Mashburn Jr. before it crippled the franchise? There is an injury angle you refuse to acknowledge like so many others...

What are you talking about? I agree with you Tysons injury sounds serious and could be devastating for this franchise. Tyson is now untradeable. We now have 4 untradeable players that no other team wants: Peja, Mo, Posey, and Tyson, plus Antonio Daniels who it would be impossible to get an expiring contract for.

That means the only asset we have that's tradeable that would help this team dump payroll is David West.

Well, least we know now...

...that the Hornets aren't selling out the fans, or "cheaping out".

They were concerned about shelling out 12 mil a year to a player who may well be damaged goods. It wasn't about New Orleans as a viable city, like the national media morons have taken and run with.

Amazingly, Bower told the truth. It was about basketball all along.

I hope he comes back here and can play through his problem. We are a much better team with an 100% Tyson Chandler than we are with a Chris Wilcox. We just have to hope that TC can regain his level of play.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKM
    His injury is blown out of proportion by the Thunder, they had buyers remorse. He is a slacker.
    His injury has to be severe for him to fail a physical, they were ecstatic about aquiring him too.

They can move Mo Pete, they just have to add Julian to the trade. They should try and make it happen, since Julian is not playing much for us.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    A post on an internet forum isn't fact.

How's that Gordon/Griffith trade coming along, sfia?
    Exhibit A of when a poster has run out of valuable thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead311
    What are you talking about? I agree with you Tysons injury sounds serious and could be devastating for this franchise. Tyson is now untradeable. We now have 4 untradeable players that no other team wants: Peja, Mo, Posey, and Tyson, plus Antonio Daniels who it would be impossible to get an expiring contract for.

That means the only asset we have that's tradeable that would help this team dump payroll is David West.
    The same people who were saying the luxury tax would sink us yesterday now believe it's not a big deal.

STOP WHINING

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg
    Yeah... just ask Deion Sanders...
    Interesting article on turf toe. Not sure how old it is as it was just a random google result.

http://espn.go.com/trainingroom/s/1999/0901/13907.html

Sounds pretty painful, even if it is just the big toe, but the best part of the article: "We can get almost every one of these guys playing -- comfortably and at close to 100 percent -- even though they have an arthritic toe."

Hey guys, Hawks' fan here. I read the board more than I post obviously.

I wanted to comment on the "insurance" issue because I've been researching it with Speedy Claxton sitting on the Hawks' bench in a suit for what seems like forever.

Generally, teams insure the top 5 contracts on their team, meaning that Chandler's contract was almost certain to be insured. You don't have to be retired for the insurance to kick in, but there is one catch:

A player has to miss 1/2 of the season before the insurance payments start coming in. As best as I can tell, you don't get to collect insurance payments if a player misses a few weeks of games here and there.

IOW, the Hornets aren't likely to get much relief in the way of insurance for Chandler...

If shinn really wants to cut payroll like some of you actually believed then he can trade chandler in the offseason. We only made a trade that will help us THIS season.
    HORNETS ALL THE WAY IN 08!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    Exhibit A of when a poster has run out of valuable thoughts.

You keep calling my posts/assertions silly when they clearly aren't. You're trying to have an ''I told you so attitude'' with me just because you agreed with HH. All the while you're saying Stern will get us in the Finals.

Come on guys - calm down, keep it civil.

The Franchise
    That's is exactly what I thought.
    I could see if it were a knee but a turf toe come on now.
    Unless we are not getting the entire story here.

Quote Originally Posted by mdaniel
    Turf Toe? Really? That's a career threatening injury?

Quote Originally Posted by stbviper22
    If shinn really wants to cut payroll like some of you actually believed then he can trade chandler in the offseason. We only made a trade that will help us THIS season.

How? Every team stands to gain money if we go over the lux tax.

Rookie
    I can see TC sitting on the bench in street cloths this Friday. Laughing on the sideline like he always does and acting like a little kid. He deserves to be ridiculed.
    Just what is your problem? It's one thing to dislike a player, but you bring it to a whole new level.

You have brought nothing productive to this thread. We all get it now, you don't like Tyson Chandler.

It's like you not only hate Chandler the player though, but you hate Chandler the human being. Chandler has been nothing but a class act since coming to New Orleans, and you act like this failing of the physical is something he orchestrated himself.

This is unfortunate for all parties involved, but I'm sure as professionals, they will all make the best of it.

On a different note, if it's the toe injury incurred during last years playoffs that is the problem it may explain why his play has been down all year, he's played hurt all year. Yet, I never once heard him use the toe as an excuse for his play.

I'm not going to try and convince anyone, because at this point, everyone's mind is already made up, but my 2cents is that Chandler is a gamer who will try to play through pain. The best move may be, however, to sit him for the rest of the year, and get him on a treatment plan that will have him 100% for next year.

camby for a 2nd?

They can move Mo Pete, they just have to add Julian to the trade. They should try and make it happen, since Julian is not playing much for us.

Doubt it. Julian doesn't exactly have a ton of trade value himself he's been glued to the bench, has been publicly called out by his coach. Everyone knows he's not smart enough or doesn't care enough to learn the plays. Plus talented athletic small forwards are a dime a dozen these days.

It's going to take more incentive that getting Julian for a team to take on Mo Petes contract.

About the only way to move Mo Pete would be to take on an equally bad contract like Jamal Tinsley. And that helps no one and doesn;t help the bloated payroll situation.

Mo Pete is untradeable.

[QUOTE=TC6ReboundKing]Just what is your problem? It's one thing to dislike a player, but you bring it to a whole new level.

You have brought nothing productive to this thread. We all get it now, you don't like Tyson Chandler.

It's like you not only hate Chandler the player though, but you hate Chandler the human being. Chandler has been nothing but a class act since coming to New Orleans, and you act like this failing of the physical is something he orchestrated himself.

This is unfortunate for all parties involved, but I'm sure as professionals, they will all make the best of it.

On a different note, if it's the toe injury incurred during last years playoffs that is the problem it may explain why his play has been down all year, he's played hurt all year. Yet, I never once heard him use the toe as an excuse for his play.

I'm not going to try and convince anyone, because at this point, everyone's mind is already made up, but my 2cents is that Chandler is a gamer who will try to play through pain. The best move may be, however, to sit him for the rest of the year, and get him on a treatment plan that will have him 100% for next year.[/QUOTE I do not like him, he is a slacker. now go to bed

the confident Contributor JOE in NO's Avatar
    Look's like Bower won't be getting any rest tonight. Just because TC failed the Thunder physical doesn't mean he'd fail every team's physical, so we could see another trade tomorrow.

Well I just hope he doesn't come back with a "they don't want me here" attitude and tank his rehab. I hope TC realizes why the front office made the move and things aren't too awkward when he comes back. We'll see pretty quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by meduplan

wtf is this?

poor people in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by TC6ReboundKing
    Just what is your problem? It's one thing to dislike a player, but you bring it to a whole new level.

I'm not going to try and convince anyone, because at this point, everyone's mind is already made up, but my 2cents is that Chandler is a gamer who will try to play through pain. The best move may be, however, to sit him for the rest of the year, and get him on a treatment plan that will have him 100% for next year.
    Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead311

We're stuck with this team for one year but will have $14M expiring in 2010 with Daniels, Butler, Wright, and Armstrong. Furthermore, I disagree with your assertion that the Tyson deal was just about dumping payroll. I think it was about his lingering injury and our lack of depth in the frontcourt. The cap space wouldn't have hurt though...

Thread Information