Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: TYSON FAILS PHYSICAL; BACK WITH HORNETS {merged - post 401 medical update}

Quote Originally Posted by benreed1088
    So you are saying john hollinger's per is horrible when it is referring to centers but awesome when determining that cp3 should win mvp? Tyson chandlers numbers dont stack up even close to anyone on that list... look at it.... the 20th person on the list has better numbers than him

Stop it... stating facts does NOT carry any weight around here. Tyson is top 5 (if you ask the blind homers here)... he's more than earned his 12 milli by "changing" shots (not blocking them)... I can't think of anything else good to say, but he's top 5 nonetheless.

/sarcasmoff

I am the GrooGrux King Contributor DenatureX's Avatar
    Now I am convinced these two are the same guy

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate
    We had something when the trade was originally made, now we're stuck with nothing since the trade was revoked. That is what I think you don't understand.
    after this year we'd have NOTHING to show for tyson chandler

now we have tyson chandler next year

85% of tyson chandler > 0

Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven
    are you implying we'd be under the salary cap if we dealt chandler's salary?
    No, but we would be out of the luxury tax and we'd have expiring contracts to move forward with. Does that compute?

right now every team in the nba is a bit happier. they are getting free money from the hornets when we go over the luxury.

trade tyson and we are out after the first round
    keep tyson we are out after the first round, we get the lux tax, and we get to hold on to a busted piece of equipment.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    the luxury tax is gonna murder us...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79
    We had nothing in 2009/10. That is what i think YOU don't understand.

Now we have a starting C again. They've got to do whatever to make sure he gets right for next year.
    we have a starting center??? u mean we have a injured center thats going to be on the bench for a while how does that help us

Rookie
    A lot of mixed opinions here I see but I'm really happy. I think this is a blessing in disguise, things worked out in the end. I get wanting depth but not giving up Tyson for it. Trade some bench guys, maybe Mo Pete, for a decent backup big man if we can.
    Trent Johnson, LSU basketball savior.

Favorite Teams
    Hornets
    LSU Tigers
    New Orleans Saints
    Houston Astros

and those expiring contracts coming off the books don't put us under the salary cap
    I'm done responding to you.

It's never okay for a guy making 12 million to sit on the bench and go catch bass in his back yard..oh yeah he writes a neat blog for NBA.com once or twice a month..
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by benreed1088
    So you are saying john hollinger's per is horrible when it is referring to centers but awesome when determining that cp3 should win mvp? Tyson chandlers numbers dont stack up even close to anyone on that list... look at it.... the 20th person on the list has better numbers than him
    IMO Tyson is better than Hibbert who plays 12 minutes a game and Javale Magee who plays 15 minutes per game.

I do think he is a top 20 center easily, but once again that's just my opinion.

FYI

I wish this trade would have went through

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    Hey genius...he was forced to retire. He didn't miss a month with an ankle sprain. Please, educate yourself.
    you didn't read the article

when he retired, the nets got a lump sum payment for his entire contract

they insure contracts for regular injury also

sometimes guys can't get insurance on their contracts. i believe baron davis and the clippers just ran into that problem

after this year we'd have NOTHING to show for tyson chandler

now we have tyson chandler next year

85% of tyson chandler > 0

we would also have rights to a guy is greece, and the way the last guy we had in the same situation worked out, I would be happy. that guy netted us butler.

This is suspicious...the thunder could still take chandler if they wanted

No, but we would be out of the luxury tax and we'd have expiring contracts to move forward with. Does that compute?
    define "move forward with"

we're in the same spot until after 2011 when peja (and tyson) comes off the books

I hope they tell TC he cannot sit on the bench as long as he is not playing. Make him feel like the chit he is.

I love how everybody was so willing to give Drew Brees the benefit of the doubt after his THROWING SHOULDER got torn up and the Dolphins rejected him after examining him, but you won't give TC a shot.

You guys are ridiculous. He needs to shut it down this year and we'll be great for next season. Trade Posey - the guy's a bum and MoPete/Sual/JuJu/Peja can combine to do everything he does for us.

you didn't read the article

when he retired, the nets got a lump sum payment for his entire contract

they insure contracts for regular injury also

sometimes guys can't get insurance on their contracts. i believe baron davis and the clippers just ran into that problem
    It still only pays if a player is forced to retire because of his injuries. What are you missing?

THIS IS GREAT NEWS! THE GREATEST!

Quote Originally Posted by Thechosen1
    this is actually true

they could have waived the physical

Quote Originally Posted by Thechosen1
    yeh no **** if they wanted but why trade 3 guys for a dude who is going to sit on the bench and miss prob half of the rest of the season

I love how everybody was so willing to give Drew Brees the benefit of the doubt after his THROWING SHOULDER got torn up and the Dolphins rejected him after examining him, but you won't give TC a shot.

You guys are ridiculous. He needs to shut it down this year and we'll be great for next season. Trade Posey - the guy's a bum and MoPete/Sual/JuJu/Peja can combine to do everything he does for us.
    There is no way to compare the TC situation to Brees..

He, the guy who passed on surgery during the offseason that would have corrected and came back to have a subpar year before getting injured deserves the benefit of the doubt? Please...

I am the GrooGrux King Contributor DenatureX's Avatar

Yeah its always better when you need 4 guys to do what one person can do.

It still only pays if a player is forced to retire because of his injuries. What are you missing?
    Stop trying...it will only upset you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    There is no way to compare the TC situation to Brees..
    duuuuuuuuuuuude, he DID NOT just go there

Thread Information