Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

The thing I don't like about this trade is that we have enough scrubs on the bench who are hit and miss. Now we just added two more. Given TC was not a force on O, but he was solid on boards and on D. We have seen how much softer our D in the paint has been since TC got injured.

If this was strictly a salary cap move, then why not wait until the end of the season, as this trade give us essentially nothing after this year. I would give the Bees a better shot at the title with TC than with Smith and Wilcox. Bad move IMO, unless the FO knows something about the injury we don't

Quote Originally Posted by whodat1027
    Regardless of the outcome of this game, it would take a miracle for this team to get deep in the playoffs. Especially after todays trade. The Thunder? Are you serious? The effing Thunder? I will continue to watch every game, but I am ot expecting much come Late April
    Im not sure if you are watching the nba but since brooks took over, the thunder have been pretty competitive in games against great teams but find a way to lose the game like tonight.
    HORNETS ALL THE WAY IN 08!!!

The thing I don't like about this trade is that we have enough scrubs on the bench who are hit and miss. Now we just added two more. Given TC was not a force on O, but he was solid on boards and on D. We have seen how much softer our D in the paint has been since TC got injured.

If this was strictly a salary cap move, then why not wait until the end of the season, as this trade give us essentially nothing after this year. I would give the Bees a better shot at the title with TC than with Smith and Wilcox. Bad move IMO, unless the FO knows something about the injury we don't
    Wilcox isnt hit and or a scrub, neither was joe smith. Reports said that 29 teams contacted joe smith for his services.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Scott
    As someone who gets to speak to a player on the team, I can say that not many will miss that Tyson is gone.
    Could you tell us why?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Regardless of the outcome of this game, it would take a miracle for this team to get deep in the playoffs. Especially after todays trade. The Thunder? Are you serious? The effing Thunder? I will continue to watch every game, but I am ot expecting much come Late April
    You're looking at their record. This isn't the same Thunder anymore. This is a team that will give any good team fits, especially behind Durant who I believe could drop 60 one of these days. Didn't they recently beat the Jazz?

This trade may actually help us for this season. Wilcox isn't that much worse than Chandler and now we get a halfway decent big to come in off the bench. I know we probably won't be able to keep both players next year, but hopefully we'll at least be able to keep one of them (preferably Wilcox).

Well considering that we only had 18 wins on the season a few years ago, I'll take even going to the playoffs.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stbviper22
    Wilcox isnt hit and or a scrub, neither was joe smith. Reports said that 29 teams contacted joe smith for his services.
    Bob Licht is full of crap, Smith would be a decent addition on a team like Boston or SA, but other than that he's just a contract. 28 teams.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    pathetic tonight

thread title? Spelling? lol

It's incalculable Michael Scott's Avatar
    Could you tell us why?
    He wasn't a clubhouse cancer but he was not easy to get along with, cried like a baby at times behind the scenes, and often was a headache for coaches & teammates when there was no reason to be whether at some practices or after several games especially early this year.

I was personally at one practice in which he erupted before the year began. Was not a pretty sight and in MY MIND (Just my view) it wasn't just a normal fight but a very strained one with a certain assistant coach and several players.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Solo
    Signing James Posey really came back to hurt this team in the worst way. When we could have easily signed someone like Matt Barnes for the MLE and resigned Pargo.

Now what are we left with? Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith. (Who both are gone after this season) I was for this trade when I first heard murmurings of it because of the inclusion of the first round draft pick. Now all the team is left with is some throw away scrub festering in the Euro-League.

This trade wasn't done to make a push for the playoffs. Nothing more than a salary dump to save money for some cheap greedy owner.
    I agree..personally I think we looked weak all this year...and last year we had a fire in our guts that looked like we were playin for something..and actually if we got past game 7 at home against flopp-spurs..then i think we could do big things though boston and la..posed threats...
    Napoleon is there a thread where i can read the pargo thing from what i understood he didnt want nba anymore and went europe..is there more..i know he wants back....

Additional points: (in this tough time for Hornets fans)..win today..but we struggled against OKC scary stuff...why would we start rebuilding with draft prospects a 2 veterans when we have a chance at the playoffs..and is posey productive..im not questioning..i havent been able to watch every single game..so i need some questions answered..pargo, posey..and what this deal means...
    New Orleans Where The Heart Is...
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

As long as they have Chris Paul, they can beat anyone. The offense should be better now without Tyson (who actually liked seeing him with the ball in his hands in the low post?), but the defense and rebounding remains to be seen. I'm not sure how well they will play defensively against guys like Duncan and Gasol. Tyson handled those guys fairly well.

The Franchise
    Oh please folks get over it. Let's see what they do before we put them in the grave this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Scott
    He wasn't a clubhouse cancer but he was not easy to get along with, cried like a baby at times behind the scenes, and often was a headache for coaches & teammates when there was no reason to be whether at some practices or after several games especially early this year.

I was personally at one practice in which he erupted before the year began. Was not a pretty sight and in MY MIND (Just my view) it wasn't just a normal fight but a very strained one with a certain assistant coach and several players.
    I didnt think he was a cancer but i also didnt think the would do any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Bob Licht is full of crap, Smith would be a decent addition on a team like Boston or SA, but other than that he's just a contract. 28 teams.
    I didnt even hear it from bob licht, i wish i could but i heard it on espn radio earlier thanks though.

What is the incentive for 28 teams to inquire about Smith? The guy's ancient, he'll be out of the league after this year or next.

Any particular reason Wilcox only got on the court once the last five games for the Thunder (not exactly a good, deep team)? If he was not seeing playing time for a 13-40 team, what kind of real contribution will he make here? Not trying to be pessimistic, b/c I know CP can make anyone look good, but I just don't see the value in this trade.

I didnt think he was a cancer but i also didnt think the would do any of that.
    He told the team (and it was reported) that he worked on new offensive moves this off-season which never were noticable at any time this year. Some blame injuries for that...fair enough. My own idea from the whiffings I heard had more to do with his lack of effort during the off-season though this was the first off-season in several years in which he strayed from his usual regime during the off-season

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Convenient that this all comes out now....

just saying

What is the incentive for 28 teams to inquire about Smith? The guy's ancient, he'll be out of the league after this year or next.
    Last year for cleveland, joe smith averaged 8 pts and 5 rebs in 21 minutes off the bench. Once he shows signs of declining in play then yes, he will be out of the league. He hasnt shown signs of getting worse.

Any particular reason Wilcox only got on the court once the last five games for the Thunder (not exactly a good, deep team)? If he was not seeing playing time for a 13-40 team, what kind of real contribution will he make here? Not trying to be pessimistic, b/c I know CP can make anyone look good, but I just don't see the value in this trade.
    Simple because he wasnt a part of their future. He probably came out and said that he wouldnt return after being a free agent or they just wanted him to walk. They would rather play guys that are a big part of their future since they are going no where right now.

Last year for cleveland, joe smith averaged 8 pts and 5 rebs in 21 minutes off the bench. Once he shows signs of declining in play then yes, he will be out of the league. He hasnt shown signs of getting worse.
    That's not exactly lighting it up, especailly for 28 teams to call.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry4598
    Convenient that this all comes out now....

just saying
    Chandler being a bit of a headache is far from new

There have been several posts here or there on here since the end of last year about it though it is/was usually dismissed due to the success we have had with him. Winning cures many issues

That's not exactly lighting it up, especailly for 28 teams to call.
    Okay i can see you only have one argument and are sticking to it. If you cant see that 8 and 5 is great for a bench player then stick to chandler. Im not sure i once said he was lighting it up but i did say that he isnt much of a step down from chandler.

BTW, chandler is averaging 8.8 and 8.3 in about 31 minutes. Joe smith almost averaged that in 10 less minutes.

Thread Information