Pelicans Report

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79
    Again, Wilcox is gone after 30 games. He won't be here next year. We traded Chandler for nothing.
    Thank you Nostradamus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79
    Again, Wilcox is gone after 30 games. He won't be here next year. We traded Chandler for nothing.
    Again, you and everybody else have no clue what will happen in the offseason. You can guess all you want but you have no clue what is going to happen. But feel free to guess.
    HORNETS ALL THE WAY IN 08!!!

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    It's a guess backed up with fact, Wilcox is going to be very in demand this offseason which will jack up his price out of the Hornets range. Smith will retire or will sign with a real contender, he has no incentive to stay with the Hornets. So yeah, we're left with nothing but Devon Hardin. Reality sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    It's a guess backed up with fact, Wilcox is going to be very in demand this offseason which will jack up his price out of the Hornets range. Smith will retire or will sign with a real contender, he has no incentive to stay with the Hornets. So yeah, we're left with nothing but Devon Hardin. Reality sucks.
    Facts are statements that are true. Guesses are statements that can turn into facts but arent facts until they can be proven which in this case is in the offseason sorry.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Wilcox will be back next season.

Just a hunch, the Hornets are smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Blind speculation at it's finest. The guy was getting 19 minutes per game on a lottery team and he's going to be in such high demand. That said, I don't see much drop off between he and Chandler. He averaged the same amount of points and 3 less rebounds in 12 less minutes per game. Tyson played 55% more than Wilcox! Fans getting caught up in the pretty dunks while the production is falling off...

Look at the bigs in FA, then come here and tell me he won't be in high demand.

Edit: I'd actually consider this a decent trade if we kept Wilcox, but the chance happening is extremely little.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Blaze
    ...I felt like they knew more than they were letting on about Tyson's injury status, and the other ailments that have affected him in the past.
    You are correct. I wouldn't call it an "injury status" as much as I'd say he has long term issues that will cause his ability to consistently play and be effective to decline.

Do you guys remember how it felt to be hamstrung by Jamal Mashburn's salary while he sipped pina coladas in South Beach? In my opinion, TC is headed in that direction. If he plays out his current contract, he will continue to decline....much like Jamaal Magloire did. When big men have "wheel" problems, things get ugly fast.

The Franchise
    Harvey will there be a follow up trade? or is this it?
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709
    Harvey will there be a follow up trade? or is this it?
    And, do we plan to dump the salaries or re-sign Wilcox and/or Smith?

More D Hardin

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress
    Devon Hardin is a specimen http://www.nbadraft.net/players/devon-hardin

Look, if they finally figured out that their all-for-naught strategy of mega-bucking peja AND posey then SELLING OUR DRAFT PICK for this year's title isn't working.
    Then, not only this trade, but also the firing of scott is in order !!!

Chandler is in foul trouble every game anyway. Now we have three bigs added, Devin hardin is a specimen, joe smith and wilcox can play center and we finally have enough bigs to have a back-up for west.

Now we need to only play JUJU (and Hardin)
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeVon-Hardin-225/
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    You are correct. I wouldn't call it an "injury status" as much as I'd say he has long term issues that will cause his ability to consistently play and be effective to decline.

Do you guys remember how it felt to be hamstrung by Jamal Mashburn's salary while he sipped pina coladas in South Beach? In my opinion, TC is headed in that direction. If he plays out his current contract, he will continue to decline....much like Jamaal Magloire did. When big men have "wheel" problems, things get ugly fast.
    HH, you always seem to give me closure...I'm not happy to hear about this for Chandler but it gives me an even greater peace-of-mind than before I read this post.

im glad we made this trade now that im watching the game...now we dont have to see anymore of marks...hopefully he wont play anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Exactly, after being burned by BD and Mashburn...and severely handcuffed by their contracts....the Hornets wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. TC is 100X the person that those two are....but if you can't play, you can't play....nice guy or not. I don't think TC will have a long career.
    WOW, that's really unfortunate. I hate hearing news like that. I hope in the long-run he can overcome his challenges.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    WOW, that's really unfortunate. I hate hearing news like that. I hope in the long-run he can overcome his challenges.
    You do realize this is all hypothetical huh?

No one knows of Tyson's future...its all positive spin and thinking glass half full...IMO

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Sorry for the ignorance but what does MLE mean?

The dude is like 26! give me a break, i'm sure we're gonna be seeing him for prob 8 more years whether he's "fragile" or not

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue
    Sorry for the ignorance but what does MLE mean?
    Mid-level exception
    A team is allowed to sign one player to a contract equal to the average NBA salary, even if the team is over the salary cap already, or if the signing would put them over the cap. This is known as the Mid-level exception (MLE). The MLE may be used on an individual free agent or split among multiple free agents, and is available regardless of where a team stands with respect to the salary cap. The Mid-Level Exception for the 2007-08 NBA season was $5.36 million. The MLE is $5.585 million for the 2008-09 NBA regular season.

An example would be the Toronto Raptors' acquisition of Jason Kapono during the 2007 off-season.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nba_salary_cap

Quote Originally Posted by showstoppa618
    The dude is like 26! give me a break, i'm sure we're gonna be seeing him for prob 8 more years whether he's "fragile" or not
    Considering out history with players like Grand MaMa, Monster Mash and BDiddy, I don't think you continue to gamble your future with knowledge of something like this about one of your players. I think you have to look at the what-ifs and like I said about the previous players, two of which not being too long ago...It makes the decision a lot less harder to make. Don't take the chance of putting a promising team in that type of predicament.

I doubt the Hornets will do much damgage in the playoffs this year

Signing James Posey really came back to hurt this team in the worst way. When we could have easily signed someone like Matt Barnes for the MLE and resigned Pargo.

Now what are we left with? Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith. (Who both are gone after this season) I was for this trade when I first heard murmurings of it because of the inclusion of the first round draft pick. Now all the team is left with is some throw away scrub festering in the Euro-League.

This trade wasn't done to make a push for the playoffs. Nothing more than a salary dump to save money for some cheap greedy owner.

please man...Im so disappointed in this team.

they just look so boring and soft whenever I watch them play.

Cp to dwest, cp t dwest over and over and over again

Yeah, this team hasn't been nearly as fun to watch as last year.

Lets see what happens. Tyson Chandler isn't a big loss cause he was not gonna be the difference in the Hornets making it to the Conference Finals or NBA Finals. If they do get that far in the playoff it was gonna be done with or without Chandler. I doubt I'm gonna be sitting here coming April saying to myself "if Chandler was here the Hornets would've won this playoff series". Chris Wilcox is a solid player and he'll give the Hornets pretty much the same thing Chandler was giving them. Its all about the players around CP3 and DWest. That's what it comes down to. These guys have to help these 2 all stars. If not that Hornets aren't going nowhere and to be honest with you this supporting cast isn't dependable.

Regardless of the outcome of this game, it would take a miracle for this team to get deep in the playoffs. Especially after todays trade. The Thunder? Are you serious? The effing Thunder? I will continue to watch every game, but I am ot expecting much come Late April

It's incalculable Michael Scott's Avatar
    As someone who gets to speak to a player on the team, I can say that not many will miss that Tyson is gone.

Thread Information