Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    Or basically, not signed anybody, right? Would a better player for the MLE have made a difference cap wise? Or should we have stood pat with the team we had last year? No improvement? Please, enlighten me.
    yeah signing nobody, or a player that fit with what the hornets needed (azibuike or pietrus)

we didn't improve our team much by signing posey, and financially signing posey cost us chandler. now the hornets are screwed for a few years

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    Everyone calm down. What is done is done. We really can't judge this trade until at LEAST next season. Just remember how mad we all were for trading BD for nothing....
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

Outlandishly Optimistic... 2poor's Avatar
    just checking in to say that I'm not terribly disappointed...I've always liked Wilcox dating back to his Maryland days. One of those good examples of guys who would've been better served spending another year or two in school.

Anywho, maybe playing alongside CP3 will get him some of his swagger back and we'll get a solid "playing for my next contract" run out of him.

I think we still have a fun second half of a season to watch, the sky isn't falling yet.
    Never looking back...or too far in front of me - the present is a gift, and I just wanna BEE.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    People still haven't realized we will be left with Devon Hardin and some cap space form this trade.
    we don't even get under the cap until 2011 unless somebody takes peja off our hands for an expiring deal

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    You're right, a few times. My bad on confusing it, but you're also right...$5M is nothing to sneeze at. In this economy, $5M is real money. Rich teams like the Redskins are laying people off. It's a different day.
    The Hornets are doing fine in this economy, their profits are easily the highest since the Charlotte glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    Are we a better team with Posey and not Chandler? I would take Chandler over Posey 10 days out of 10.
    That's not the question. Were we good enough at the end of the season to go into this one unchanged? And, were the fiscal difficulties foreseen when the deal for Posey was made? We're in a different time than we were some six months ago.

The news just said we did it for depth on the frontline like i have been saying. If it was a salary dump, it could have been done in the offseason but it wasnt because they feel wilcox/smith gives us a better shot at winning than just chandler.
    HORNETS ALL THE WAY IN 08!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven
    we don't even get under the cap until 2011 unless somebody takes peja off our hands for an expiring deal
    I meant getting under the luxury tax.

That's not the question. Were we good enough at the end of the season to go into this one unchanged? And, were the fiscal difficulties foreseen when the deal for Posey was made? We're in a different time than we were some six months ago.
    Yes, the fiscal difficulties were known. We knew what the luxury tax limit was. It almost gives the impression that we were making one run and then blowing things up after one year no matter what as we know Shinn would not have the money to pay a luxury tax.

Click on the link below to listen to Hornets GM Jeff Bower discuss the trade with OKC Thunder http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/audio_gallery.html

a. were we good enough? irrelevant, because we weren't a title contender with posey, so signing him was stupid. now it's come back to hurt us

b. were teh difficulties seen? yes, because we sold our 1st round pick and shinn is known as a cheap owner

2.5 left. CP3.....BOTTOM!!!
    People need to leave James Posey out of this. I blame Bower for making the move. James Posey is not a GM.
    I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
    -Mitch Hedberg(R.I.P.)

"Still here dancing with the Googrux King, we'll be drinking Big Whiskey while we dance and sing..."
    -R.I.P. LeRoi Moore(1961-2008)

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

NOPD have cordoned off large sections of the CBD in downtown New Orleans. Early reports indicate that large pieces of what appear to be sky are crashing into parked automobiles and buildings. Stay tuned for further details.

Quote Originally Posted by 2poor
    just checking in to say that I'm not terribly disappointed...I've always liked Wilcox dating back to his Maryland days. One of those good examples of guys who would've been better served spending another year or two in school.

Anywho, maybe playing alongside CP3 will get him some of his swagger back and we'll get a solid "playing for my next contract" run out of him.

I think we still have a fun second half of a season to watch, the sky isn't falling yet.
    I'd sure hope so and If I was him I'd be spazzing at the thought that for the rest of my contract year I get to play with a playoff team and on top of it all. I get Chris Paul as my QB who is going to make me EVEN better, giving me even more an opportunity to cash in this summer. How can't you work your *** off these next two months or so, knowing whats laid-out in front of you?

2.5 left. CP3.....BOTTOM!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whoah whoah
    Everyone calm down. What is done is done. We really can't judge this trade until at LEAST next season. Just remember how mad we all were for trading BD for nothing....
    Yeah, but that put us at 18-64 that year, and we just got lucky to get Chris Paul in the draft. Lucky is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven
    a. were we good enough? irrelevant, because we weren't a title contender with posey, so signing him was stupid. now it's come back to hurt us

b. were teh difficulties seen? yes, because we sold our 1st round pick and shinn is known as a cheap owner
    Silly post. We were a contender at the end of last season or at least appeared to be as evident by the fact that we took the Spurs to 7 games (or they took us to 7). We then added a clutch defender/3 point shooter. Second, the difficulties weren't foreseen simply because we traded a pick. The Spurs tried to trade their pick and now they're trying to take on Vince Carter. Another silly assertion. Why even bother...

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    They were improving your right, but they still were not close to what Wilcox and Smith give us.
    Yes but they still need to play to get even better.

CP3 will not be happy. I look for him to sign elsewhere when his contract is expired. He will not stand for an owner who is too cheap to keep a competitive product on the court. We are witnessing the beginning of the Hornets dive into insignificance.

Silly post. We were a contender at the end of last season or at least appeared to be as evident by the fact that we took the Spurs to 7 games (or they took us to 7). We then added a clutch defender/3 point shooter. Second, the difficulties weren't foreseen simply because we traded a pick. The Spurs tried to trade their pick and now they're trying to take on Vince Carter. Another silly assertion. Why even bother...
    Stern will get us a title though.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsBuzz
    Click on the link below to listen to Hornets GM Jeff Bower discuss the trade with OKC Thunder http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/audio_gallery.html
    Thanks for the link .

I love people with the ability to comprehend. Makes arguing a point that much easier...

I love people with the ability to comprehend. Makes arguing a point that much easier...
    But rest assured, the league wants to see CP3 in the finals, and they want him to do it in New Orleans. They push him more than almost any other player in the league. They already have the press releases diagrammed for how they supported New Orleans after Katrina and such and such...

What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Teal Street
    CP3 will not be happy. I look for him to sign elsewhere when his contract is expired. He will not stand for an owner who is too cheap to keep a competitive product on the court. We are witnessing the beginning of the Hornets dive into insignificance.
    Because we are getting rid of an 8-8 per game center?

Wanting to see CP3 on the big stage and will give him a title are two different things. Really. They are. I mean really. For real.

I wish Stern had ties to NO....that would help a lot

Thread Information