Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    We'll have depth for 32 games and the playoffs, that's it.
    i hate it when people try to predict the future, just chill out watch the games and lets see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispaulCP3
    I never said that he couldn't jump.

ok... but you said "Wilcox better be able to jump."... what am I missing?

never mind...

when wilcox gets 28 or more minutes he averages around 14 pts and 8 rebs. Joe smith last year for cleveland avg. 21 minutes and got 8.1 pts and 5 rebs a game. Not sure how thats not good. That is just as good as chandler is giving us.
    HORNETS ALL THE WAY IN 08!!!

do you really think two expiring contracts is the best we could have gotten for a pretty good 26 year old center?
    In terms of a deal that would give us basketball help, financial slack, and a willing partner? Yeah pretty much. Right now anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by stbviper22
    when wilcox gets 28 or more minutes he averages around 14 pts and 8 rebs. Joe smith last year for cleveland avg. 21 minutes and got 8.1 pts and 5 rebs a game. Not sure how thats not good. That is just as good as chandler is giving us.

because they weren't here last season, hence they can't help us get further is the vibe I am picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaninc68
    i hate it when people try to predict the future, just chill out watch the games and lets see what happens
    Dont worry hes been repeating the same thing for about 3 hours now.

BTW, he has his crystal ball in his back pocket.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Take a look at the situation, man.

Joe Smith is pretty much a contract at this point, and will either retire or go to a contender in the offseason.

Wilcox is a solid PF/C who's value will be jacked up this offseason, likely out of our price range.

This is precisely why we wanted a pick.

Dont worry hes been repeating the same thing for about 3 hours now.

BTW, he has his crystal ball in his back pocket.
    No, I have facts and common sense, this trade sucks.

Passion. Purpose. Pride.    Contributor   
    I just wish we had gotten a pick as well, but this isn't horrible value for Tyson.

For all the people who like Chandler. Can you Honestly say that his play this year is worth 11 million? He is not ranked in the top 20 Centers in production and is only posting 8 and 8. Stop with the "he provides defensive presence" when his defensive rating is the same as Hilton Armstrong's'.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    In terms of a deal that would give us basketball help, financial slack, and a willing partner? Yeah pretty much. Right now anyways.
    I'm not arguing the impact right now, I'm saying this trade will hurt us most going into next year.

No, I have facts and common sense, this trade sucks.
    i didnt say that this trade didnt suck, but that doesnt mean what you are saying is 100% going to happen

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    I think any city would move heaven and hell to get a team. If OKC can land a team and sell out (even for a limited time) that is probably not lost to an owner. Gov.'s would make plenty of tax exemptions, and other benefits for owners.

Lets just be happy we are under the Luxury tax.
    Moving heaven and hell to get a team is one thing ... somehow making Shinn a richer owner is another, and relocation is not going to improve Shinn's bottom line. Right now Shinn has one of the wealthiest minority owners in the league working under him, yet we still had to make a trade to get under the cap.

I do understand your point but this deal wasn't done to keep the franchise in New Orleans or to somehow keep them from relocating.

i didnt say that this trade didnt suck, but that doesnt mean what you are saying is 100% going to happen

I'd say it is.

They would probably trade us Denver's pick which will be low=small contract.
    Which means what? And it was San Antonio's pick that was on the table. It's still guaranteed salary for a term.

I'd say it is.
    well then your common sense is screwed up

Take a look at the situation, man.

Joe Smith is pretty much a contract at this point, and will either retire or go to a contender in the offseason.

Wilcox is a solid PF/C who's value will be jacked up this offseason, likely out of our price range.

This is precisely why we wanted a pick.
    Okay wilcox could find out that he likes it here and wants to stay for about the same contract? or no that cant happen because you said so right? Joe smith also, he might even sign for the vet min. if he feels good here. Dude you never know. Things happen, we could also make other trades to get cap room to re-sign them also.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    Which means what? And it was San Antonio's pick that was on the table. It's still guaranteed salary for a term.
    The salaries that will be shed from Bowen, Marks, Brown, and Ely(?) would have been enough to cover for it.

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    I really wish they would have waited until the offseason. I wanted to see what this team could do in the playoffs with Posey. Now, we will never know
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

Quote Originally Posted by DSchexnaydre
    I just wish we had gotten a pick as well, but this isn't horrible value for Tyson.
    when you consider we gained nothing for him, it will seem that way

Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    Moving heaven and hell to get a team is one thing ... somehow making Shinn a richer owner is another, and relocation is not going to improve Shinn's bottom line. Right now Shinn has one of the wealthiest minority owners in the league working under him, yet we still had to make a trade to get under the cap.

I do understand your point but this deal wasn't done to keep the franchise in New Orleans or to somehow keep them from relocating.
    Not many players are worth a dollar for dollar fine. LeBron is. Chris Paul might be. Chandler isn't. If we stood at $77M in salary on what would have been a $60M cap (if teams are lucky), we couldn't afford to pay that tax. Not many teams can afford to pay $17M in luxury taxes.

Okay wilcox could find out that he likes it here and wants to stay for about the same contract? or no that cant happen because you said so right? Joe smith also, he might even sign for the vet min. if he feels good here. Dude you never know. Things happen, we could also make other trades to get cap room to re-sign them also.
    why would the hornets offer them contracts?

this deal was made to SAVE money, not spend the same amount next year

Look at bigs available in the offseason, Wilcox is easily in the top.

His value will easily exceed the MLE.

Smith is in the twilight of his carerr, he's going to retire or go to a title contender. He won't have any interest in just a playoff contender.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    When we traded Baron, we were dismantling the team and rebuilding. That is not the focus (or should not be) now. Seasonal? Have you paid attention to his career? He has not missed that many games over the last 5-6 years.

Are you serious? This dude is still hella injury prone.
    BLESS

The salaries that will be shed from Bowen, Marks, Brown, and Ely(?) would have been enough to cover for it.
    How do you figure? It's not like they were making more than the minimum. Even if we replace them with other minimum guys, the value will be the same. We have to fill out the roster somehow. But if we're able to acquire better players, we can fill out the last few spots with second round picks and undrafted free agents.

Thread Information