Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    The hornets are a smart team. people want to bash on the front office and bs as much as they want but remember the work they did to get from 4 years ago to now.
    That's why I'm not as upset about this trade as I was about 3 hours ago. Once I thought about it, I'm gonna give the FO the chance to redeem themselves and see what moves they make before these Hornets step onto the court for the 2009-2010 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet
    He's not a liability on offense. He may not be able to create his own offense but he makes his lving off of putbacks and alleyoops. Don't act like he's worthless on offense because he's not. He has his niche and it has worked well for him.
    You seem to be the person on this board I tend to agree with the most. Where was this a year ago? All this hate towards Tyson. The man helped us get in as the second seed. To be a competitor in the West you need production out of a big man. That's just how it works.

Big man in the playoffs per team:

Lakers: Bynum ( this is assuming of course he gets healthy)
    Spurs: Bonner ( This may be the only one I'd take Wilcox over... but that doesn't even matter because their depth is unreal...and they know how to play good team basketball.
    Nuggets: Nene
    Portland: Oden...numbers might not whoo you but he's a good 10-10 guy for now.
    Houston: Yao
    Us: Wilcox
    Dallas: Dampier...
    Utah: Okur

Yeah...I'd rather have my chances with Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    They drafted CP3.

3 other gm's did not.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg
    Not me! 1.4 blocks per game doesn't really scare the crap out of guys coming to the basket. There were NUMEROUS times guys would get layups, and TC would be just standing there watching. I'll bet Camby wouldn't stand there and watch... neither would Wilcox...
    A 0.4 bpg as a career average, never averaged more than 0.6 bpg even when he played more than 30 mpg. The guy is nowhere near an intimidating shotblocker, and not considered a good defender. He is not completely useless but far from Chandler level.

Quote Originally Posted by Cp3superman12
    You seem to be the person on this board I tend to agree with the most. Where was this a year ago? All this hate towards Tyson. The man helped us get in as the second seed. To be a competitor in the West you need production out of a big man. That's just how it works.

Big man in the playoffs per team:

Lakers: Bynum ( this is assuming of course he gets healthy)
    Spurs: Bonner ( This may be the only one I'd take Wilcox over... but that doesn't even matter because their depth is unreal...and they know how to play good team basketball.
    Nuggets: Nene
    Portland: Oden...numbers might not whoo you but he's a good 10-10 guy for now.
    Houston: Yao
    Us: Wilcox
    Dallas: Dampier...
    Utah: Okur

Yeah...I'd rather have my chances with Chandler.
    Half that list owns Chandler. Yao, Okur, Bynum, even Nene.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Bower didn't even draft CP3, that was Allen Bristow.

I am waiting for the next knee jerk reaction from fans when we make another move towards being cap friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    Half that list owns Chandler. Yao, Okur, Bynum, even Nene.
    Yeah...you're right they do. But they own and have their name posterized on Willcox's ***.

this isn't a knee jerk reaction, people will be most angry in hte offseason when the only player left from this trade is devon hardon. oh, and shinn won't pay the luxury tax.

Bower didn't even draft CP3, that was Allen Bristow.

You said it not me.

They also signed key guys to that team, made trades for key guys, etc. They have built a solid team, why would they quit now?

Yeah, I even posted it. He is coming into an organization with better players, better coaching, and more chances to excell.
    No. You're not following. The Thunder's pacing is much faster than ours. We're one of the slowest paced team in the NBA. It means less opportunity to score. Also consider the fact that He'll be the 4th option on the team after West, Peja, and Paul. It will limit him offensively. More weapons/slow pacing = less opportunities.

As for rebounding, Chandler was top 3 in rebounding 3 years prior to his down year. To put the team's average rebounding numbers against chandler is unfair because he's a big reason why our rebounding numbers have been decent the past couple of years.

wilcox avg. 22 min a game 9.5 pts, and 5.4 rebs a game without cp3. look forward to even better numbers now that he will get the lions share of minuits, he is in a contract year, and he is playing with a better cast than ever.
    You're kidding yourself if you think any of these guys are going to step right in and start producing. I'm certain Wilcox will not start for a least five games. And how long will it take for either of them to adjust to what we do? About 10 games?

Quote Originally Posted by Cp3superman12
    Yeah...you're right they do. But they own and have their name posterized on Willcox's ***.

so what is the difference? both get owned.

your more concerned with the cap instead of winning though. i understand the move from a financial standpoint, but i from a basketball standpoint, how does this help us win a championship?

this isn't a knee jerk reaction, people will be most angry in hte offseason when the only player left from this trade is devon hardon. oh, and shinn won't pay the luxury tax.

dude the lux tax will cripple our franchise unlike money franchises like NY, LA, and teams with rich owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet
    No. You're not following. The Thunder's pacing is much faster than ours. We're one of the slowest paced team in the NBA. It means less opportunity to score. Also consider the fact that He'll be the 4th option on the team after West, Peja, and Paul. It will limit him offensively. More weapons/slow pacing = less opportunities.

As for rebounding, Chandler was top 3 in rebounding 3 years prior to his down year. To put the team's average rebounding numbers against chandler is unfair because he's a big reason why our rebounding numbers have been decent the past couple of years.
    Agreed. With that quikness CP3 needs to be going faster and tell people like West to hurry their butt off.

You said it not me.

They also signed key guys to that team, made trades for key guys, etc. They have built a solid team, why would they quit now?
    Allen Bristow did draft him, dude. Maybe you should brush up on your Hornets history.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    This move had to be done. Alot of people don't understand basketball on or off the court. TC salary was not even close to his production value on the court. He is overrated by many on this board. I'm glad the hornets made this move. It was best for the franchise. This reminds me of the day baron Davis was traded.
    Co-Sign

The Mavs Reporters like the trade

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...mavericks.html
    ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports that the Hornets and Thunder are close to a deal that would send center Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City.

It's a cost-cutting move for New Orleans. The Hornets receive the expiring contracts of forwards Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith and the rights to second-round pick Devon Hardin.

In other words, one of the teams fighting for West playoff position with the Mavs is about to become a lot weaker.

Oh man! It sucks that Chandler is gone! Wilcox seems like a guy who only plays basketball because he is tall and it's good money. I hope that I am wrong....
    I am said for Tyson...

dude the lux tax will cripple our franchise unlike money franchises like NY, LA, and teams with rich owners.
    that's the only benefit from this trade, the only benefit. that can't be disputed. unless devon hardon plays for us.

and tyson was helping with his injury how?

It will be a nice change of pace to see avg. center play on a consistent basis, as opposed to when he is not injured.

Allen Bristow did draft him, dude. Maybe you should brush up on your Hornets history.

go look, your the one that brought up cp3. you should brush up on last 10 min history.

Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    The Mavs Reporters like the trade

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...mavericks.html
    ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports that the Hornets and Thunder are close to a deal that would send center Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City.

It's a cost-cutting move for New Orleans. The Hornets receive the expiring contracts of forwards Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith and the rights to second-round pick Devon Hardin.

In other words, one of the teams fighting for West playoff position with the Mavs is about to become a lot weaker.
    So their glad that they did a bad trade?

All of yall saying this was a cap trade to get under the luxury tax. That isnt true all you are doing is taking what cbs said and running with it. If we wanted to do a trade to get under the luxury tax, we could have done it in th offseason also. Either they think chandler has worse problems then they thought with his knees and legs or they think we will be better off with depth than just chandler.
    HORNETS ALL THE WAY IN 08!!!

Thread Information