Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    The meaning of "contender" is greatly misunderstood by a lot of fans.

a sign and trade? first.....who would want them? smith has been passed around and is DONE. you could maybe work something with wilcox....but

to suggest a sign and trade is basically quitting on this season (and we only have 4? left with CP3). TIMES RUNNING OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    The meaning of "contender" is greatly misunderstood by a lot of fans.
    Tell me about it. Playoff contender and championship contender are two different things. Far different...

Guys ... you are running around in circles for at least the last five pages. There is nothing we can do right now, lets see how this plays out on the court.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Smith will probably retire at the end of the season, and Wilcox will be too expensive for us to re-sign. Great job, Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    We dropped to 30th in rebounding without TC, 26th in offensive rebounding, and were giving uo 49-50% of the oppositions points in the paint. If you say TC didn't make a difference you don't know basketball.
    Thats because we didnt have a starting center besides chandler and hiilton was out alot also. Insert wilcox and smith for chandler and you dont get nearly as bad results.
    HORNETS ALL THE WAY IN 08!!!

We dropped to 30th in rebounding without TC, 26th in offensive rebounding, and were giving uo 49-50% of the oppositions points in the paint. If you say TC didn't make a difference you don't know basketball.

Riddle me this, what were we ranked when he was here?

UNO. You have to be joking?

Go compare the spurs roster from past to ours. their old and slow was finley and horry. compare that to joe smith and antonio daniels.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    Tell me about it. Playoff contender and championship contender are two different things. Far different...
    True, but by definition all playoff contenders become championship contenders in the playoffs. #1's don't always win the title, every 5th seed and lower doesn't always lose in the first round.

Scott's job is harder this season, he has to use his guys smarter and figure out a way to make this team as exciting as last season.

yeah if you remember we also had marks starting at center...that will happen when you have sean marks in your starting line up

I think of the Peja deal. We could have signed him but we did a sign and trade for him (why I don't know). I think we can do a sign and trade for Wilcox as he is one of the best 2 bigs in free agency this year.

NIH, please...I know basketball and I know tc wasn't that great. Stop drinking the koop aid.

Alot of y'all don't know what true contender are. This hornets team wasn't going to contend for a title with or without tc.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by stbviper22
    Thats because we didnt have a starting center besides chandler and hiilton was out alot also. Insert wilcox and smith for chandler and you dont get nearly as bad results.
    Hilton never picked up the slack for Tyson so that's moot. I like Wilcox, but I really wanted a pick if we were going to trade TC. And it hurts even worse that we wont have the cash to re-sign Wilcox. If you look at the bigs in the offseason Wilcox is one of the top out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat 3
    UNO. You have to be joking?

Go compare the spurs roster from past to ours. their old and slow was finley and horry. compare that to joe smith and antonio daniels.

wait tim duncan is a sprinter like manu and tp?

the spurs were just as slow as we are now.

The Franchise
    Are we talking about the "same" Tyson Chandler?
    Man on man are you really give this guy way too much credit.
    Let's see how OKC does with him the rest of the season before
    crowning him their savior.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat 3
    people are missing the point. its not about tyson leaving. its about the way the team ahs been run.

we went from young and promising to old, unathletic and in trouble. and fast. now we have a ton of holes to fill this season and in the offseason, and now we have to be concerned with keeping cp3 happy.

At least with chandler we knew we had a chance to reach the conf. finals....now we are hoping to make the playoffs.

Height that is it. Tyson is extremely small for a center. Wilcox is a better build for a center.
    You're kidding right?

NIH, what were we ranked before the tc injury? Last year we were ranked 16th. What were we ranked this year? Answer that before you start saying we are so bad now that he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    NIH, please...I know basketball and I know tc wasn't that great. Stop drinking the koop aid.

Alot of y'all don't know what true contender are. This hornets team wasn't going to contend for a title with or without tc.
    yea... last year... we just played a bunch of extra games right? Injuries had little to do with our recent struggles right? So are you trying to say that our great season last year was a fluke?

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet

Kool-aid? HAHA, that's funny considering you're the one defending this horrific trade.

The Hornets aren't getting past the 1st without Tyson, mark it down. Not to mention we won't have a starting center in the offseason, what this does to CP, etc. It's a shame you're defending this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigEasy
    You're kidding right?

yeah TC didn't look like JarJar Binks.

Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984
    So being 6th in the Western Conference at the midpoint of the season (even with all the injuries we've had) is not a contender???

Do you know what the word "contender" means?
    The right, how to say, mindset? Or do you think, just when a team is sixth (with all the injuries etc etc) in its conference, this will automatically make it a contender? Seriously? In this western conference? Or even in the eastern? Who's sixth there? The pistons? Hail to the new contenders! No, really, this maybe could have been true last year, where there were teams like houston and utah at 4th and 5th, or even the suns at the 6th, but this year i do sincerely see as contenders the celtics, the cavs, the lakers, the spurs and maybe the magic. Other teams? Unlikely to happen. And we would have been blown out with that chandler even by the nuggets, probably; this team struggled all season long, and the feeling about it was clearly of disappointment, and much of it had to do with chandler, who has been underperforming since his, what, 3rd game? Posey brought often not much more other than treys, maybe defense and a fat overpaid contract (but we're used to overpay players), actually, the team seemed to have the wrong mindset if compared to the one of the last year. And about the contender thing, remember what phil jackson said, that a contender is the team that reaches 40 wins before reaching 20 losses. And I think he knows the game better'n anyone on this board. Now, sorry but it's late here, i'm gonna sleep a bit, this trade has really made me tired, somehow..goodnight

Hilton never picked up the slack for Tyson so that's moot. I like Wilcox, but I really wanted a pick if we were going to trade TC. And it hurts even worse that we wont have the cash to re-sign Wilcox. If you look at the bigs in the offseason Wilcox is one of the top out there.
    Look noone has any idea what wilcox will ask for or what will happen in the offseason. you can do all the guessing you want but you have no idea what is really going to happen. There are trades that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    NIH, what were we ranked before the tc injury? Last year we were ranked 16th. What were we ranked this year? Answer that before you start saying we are so bad now that he is gone.
    We weren't 30th for sure. Why don't you provide the numbers? sheesh.

Look noone has any idea what wilcox will ask for or what will happen in the offseason. you can do all the guessing you want but you have no idea what is really going to happen. There are trades that can be done.
    The only asset we have now is Juju, no team will take on the terrible contracts of Mo, Peja, or Posey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet
    yea... last year... we just played a bunch of extra games right? Injuries had little to do with our recent struggles right? So are you trying to say that our great season last year was a fluke?
    Not a fluke but heavily CP3/DW influenced. TC isn't the rebounder he was 2 years ago and he's only 26. Maybe, injuries were the problem. Either way, he wasn't worth $12M per.

Thread Information