Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Here what I found about Hardin in Europe:

Team: ESTIA Egaleo (Greece)

G MIN PTS 2FGP 3FGP FT RO RD RT AS PF BS ST
    4 26.5 7.8 37.5% 0.0% 46.7% 2.8 5.5 8.3 0.5 2.8 2.0 0.3

Not that impressive, but it's only 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by usafool
    byon scott has not delveloped no one as a rookie, he sucks so this kid hardin has just kissed his career away once you play for coach scott.

then again what will byron do with another rookie , just run him away!!!!
    How did Scott do with CP3?

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock

I thought the same thing when i read that
    BLESS

This doesn't give us frontcourt depth but for only the rest of this year, what in the world is the longterm plan is what I want to know. Getting no first round pick this year in this deal is insane, even if the team were to sell the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash
    Getting no first round pick this year in this deal is insane, even if the team were to sell the thing.
    Devon Hardin > 1st round pick?
    "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" Muhammad Ali

Yeah its look like we wont be getting a 1st, but you never know what can be reported later....lets hope at least a 1st is thrown in either this year or later....and I really hope we make another move for a slasher...

Best PF ---> Dwest
    I think the trade is a decent one. Im just hoping that it all works out because we need someone that cant score some points right now. Not next season because we are in a spot where we can get in the playoffs and possibly do something

Big men FA; Big Baby, Sean May, Drew Gooden, Varejo, Bass, Kwame, Rasheed. and that is just through the D's. There is plenty room to make something happen with a 2 yr deal to improve the team.

if we had those first round picks maybe we could maybe trade them to move higher in the draft...but i guess we dont

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend
    The F.O. now has cap room to work with in a effort to build on a solid foundation of CP3 and West. That is something we would not have had if Chandler were still here.
    We gained no cap room, just saved luxury tax. We still will only have the MLE to play with as we are substantially over the cap.

Thanking his lucky stars. Scott did not have to develop CP3. CP3 makes Scott look better.

Unbelieveable! I guess those threads on fan attendance numbers will become popular again. This really says to me that you're throwing in the towel for this season. Why not wait until the offseason to pull this off? Crazy.

Big men FA; Big Baby, Sean May, Drew Gooden, Varejo, Bass, Kwame, Rasheed.
    all of the people you listed are no better than the two clowns we just got. plus rasheed will demand a high price. the only guy i would like to see us get is millsap, but he too, will probably garner too high or a price for us.

Big men FA; Big Baby, Sean May, Drew Gooden, Varejo, Bass, Kwame, Rasheed. and that is just through the D's. There is plenty room to make something happen with a 2 yr deal to improve the team.
    Guys I like on that list are May (call me crazy), Varejo, Bass, Sheed.

i dont think the trade is really that bad, i mean Joe Smith is gonna bring us some experiance, and Wilcox is now that bad of a player. but i do think we coulda got alot better than that stuff

we don't have cap room to sign any real free agents, let alone these guys

When the rumor first came up like yesterday or the day before, I knew it was going to happen.

Sad to see Tyson go but, it is the NBA. This stuff happens. Looking back to the beginning of the season, it's clear that the Hornets needed to make a change. The players we're getting from the trade are good players and will bring different strengths to the Hornets bench. Let's just give this a shot and see how it goes. Who know...we could be pleasantly surprised.

fwiw...realgm grades for the trade.....

Hornets D
    Thunder A

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsBuzz
    Sad to see Tyson go but, it is the NBA. This stuff happens. Looking back to the beginning of the season, it's clear that the Hornets needed to make a change. The players we're getting from the trade are good players and will bring different strengths to the Hornets bench. Let's just give this a shot and see how it goes. Who know...we could be pleasantly surprised.
    wilcox/smith are contracts that we traded for with the intention of renouncing their rights to save money

now will this trade possibly good for the hornets THIS year? yes. maybe even better than 50/50 now that we finally have a guy who can post up (wilcox)

but next year the team itself will have nothing to show for tyson

how are we going to tell Wilcox & Ely apart??? heh

I guess we win in offense as Wilcox and Smith are 10x the offensive player Chandler is. But in defense... we really have 0 shotblocker right now, teams are going to make a living in our paint, maybe even start a new civilization!

I actually like Wilcox a great deal, not as much as I used to when I was in awe of his potential, but I'd be curious to see what he can do with CP3. I think we'll be fine for the year but I am more concerned about next year because if we want to avoid the luxury tax, there is no way we sign any of these guys. Peja, I really hate your contract!

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    We gained no cap room, just saved luxury tax. We still will only have the MLE to play with as we are substantially over the cap.
    Dude, what are you talking about? Without TC, our salary position next year is at 64.6 mil. We have 6-8 million to sign someone.

Dude, what are you talking about? Without TC, our salary position next year is at 64.6 mil. We have 6-8 million to sign someone.
    The cap was $58.8 million this year (and could go down next year)....dude.

that would be great if the salary cap wasn't in the mid 50s

you're talking about the luxury tax, not the salary cap

Thread Information