Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Quote Originally Posted by stbviper22
    Wilcox can do what chandler did. Some of you highly overrate chandler. Wilcox is just as good a defender and actually has an offensive game besides hook shots chunked at the backboard(pretty funny to watch). Plus joe smith got 8.1 ppg last year off the bench for a good cleveland team.

Chandler also seems to be having lots of injuries, maybe his legs and knees and feet are wearing down from all the jumping and out of control play? He is a very small guy, he might be wearing down.
    Wilcox is not anywhere close to Chandler on the defensive end. Have you watched him? He gets out-muscled constantly and does not hold his ground. He is not a bad shot blocker at times, but he is not a good defender. I like him running the floor and on the offensive end and he is a pretty good player, but nowhere near the defender TC is.

smith will be back for cheap. he isn't a franchise player, and if we give him a Minnisota type deal he will be back (snicker, snicker!).

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    Wilcox is not anywhere close to Chandler on the defensive end. Have you watched him? He gets out-muscled constantly and does not hold his ground. He is not a bad shot blocker at times, but he is not a good defender.

Did we just trade for Memo Okur or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2
    On the trade: I sorta understand it. Chandler really wasnt helping us this year to be honest. He seemed to scared to defend. Now, the important thing is we save ourselves a bunch of money going into next season. And I actually think the two guys we are getting will help us. Joe Smith plays hard. He has some intangiables that this team hasnt had since Anthony Mason in the mid 90's. I think Wilcox will play better with us than he did in OKC. Both guys run the fast break better than Chandler so we gain with them better scoring in transition. Chandler wasnt a consistant scorer. He got points off of alley oops in the half court and occaisional put backs. Now you got two guys that I believe can finish in the paint. Plus we got some size in the middle. And to reiterate, these guys played in OKC. Now they are playing on a better team. Winning makes players play better. And in the end new blood gives their teamates some energy.
    I totally agree. Not to mention, they have better coaching.

the thunder now have westbrook, green, durant and chandler....a yound very good core. kinda looked like us last year and the year before.

now we have a ton of 30+ year olds. Bowen, Brown, Butler (29), Daniels, Ely, Marks, Peterson, Posey, and Peja. Add Smith to that list.

We have West (28), Wilcox, Wright, and CP3. This is NOT A PROMISING SQUAD. we are old and unathletic. We have to essentially rebuild our roster around this four players.

CP3, West, Wright, Wilcox.
    Green, Durant, Westbrook, Chandler.

OKC suddenly has a brighter future.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    I liked Tyson Chandler, but let's not build him up into the next Patrick Ewing, Shaq, etc. He was a good Center that benefited greatly from playing with CP. His was better on O than D and that is saying a lot.

I wish we could have kept him, but to be honest I wish we just would have gotten more for him. Screw draft picks, better players in this deal would have made me happy.

You guys also have to be careful with the "future" talk. Nothing is guaranteed, making moves with an eye towards the future usually ends up in trouble.

You would think we have traded CP3 with all this sky is falling nonsense. We traded a guy who gives us 8 and 8 and can only catch alleys who makes 12 million a year.

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    I just can't believe we got hosed by the Thunder, I can't believe. They must be all over themselves in YHT.

We'll be left with no center and Devon ******* Hardon after this trade. The boos will rain down in NO Arena the next loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2
    On the trade: I sorta understand it. Chandler really wasnt helping us this year to be honest. He seemed to scared to defend. Now, the important thing is we save ourselves a bunch of money going into next season. And I actually think the two guys we are getting will help us. Joe Smith plays hard. He has some intangiables that this team hasnt had since Anthony Mason in the mid 90's. I think Wilcox will play better with us than he did in OKC. Both guys run the fast break better than Chandler so we gain with them better scoring in transition. Chandler wasnt a consistant scorer. He got points off of alley oops in the half court and occaisional put backs. Now you got two guys that I believe can finish in the paint. Plus we got some size in the middle. And to reiterate, these guys played in OKC. Now they are playing on a better team. Winning makes players play better. And in the end new blood gives their teamates some energy.
    Mike james, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet
    I liked Tyson Chandler, but let's not build him up into the next Patrick Ewing, Shaq, etc. He was a good Center that benefited greatly from playing with CP. His was better on O than D and that is saying a lot.

I wish we could have kept him, but to be honest I wish we just would have gotten more for him. Screw draft picks, better players in this deal would have made me happy.

You guys also have to be careful with the "future" talk. Nothing is guaranteed, making moves with an eye towards the future usually ends up in trouble.

Some people don't want to live in reality.

He was the leo dicaprio to our kate winslet. will our heart go on?

Quote Originally Posted by TCNOLACAT
    You would think we have traded CP3 with all this sky is falling nonsense. We traded a guy who gives us 8 and 8 and can only catch alleys who makes 12 million a year.
    Do not undervalue defense (and that 8 and 8 has consistently been 10/11 or 12/12).

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube
    We never have been, except than in the minds of many people..
    So being 6th in the Western Conference at the midpoint of the season (even with all the injuries we've had) is not a contender???

Do you know what the word "contender" means?

Quote Originally Posted by NYKF Hornet

In the offseason we will be left with NO starting center and only the MLE to find one. I hate this. WHY YHT?

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    I just can't believe we got hosed by the Thunder, I can't believe. They must be all over themselves in YHT.

We'll be left with no center and Devon ******* Hardon after this trade. The boos will rain down in NO Arena the next loss.

were they raining down when tyson was starting and we were losing to the bobcats, and hawks?

The Franchise
    Everything "looks" good on paper what counts it how it looks and performs on the court. How good will Chandler be coming off of his latest injury? Will he get injured again?

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat 3
    the thunder now have westbrook, green, durant and chandler....a yound very good core. kinda looked like us last year and the year before.

now we have a ton of 30+ year olds. Bowen, Brown, Butler (29), Daniels, Ely, Marks, Peterson, Posey, and Peja. Add Smith to that list.

We have West (28), Wilcox, Wright, and CP3. This is NOT A PROMISING SQUAD. we are old and unathletic. We have to essentially rebuild our roster around this four players.

CP3, West, Wright, Wilcox.
    Green, Durant, Westbrook, Chandler.

OKC suddenly has a brighter future.

people are missing the point. its not about tyson leaving. its about the way the team ahs been run.

we went from young and promising to old, unathletic and in trouble. and fast. now we have a ton of holes to fill this season and in the offseason, and now we have to be concerned with keeping cp3 happy.

At least with chandler we knew we had a chance to reach the conf. finals....now we are hoping to make the playoffs.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    And fan support.
    If Wilcox comes in and starts throwing down, he'll get that too.

I liked Chandler too, but only his size is irreplaceable(as far as Wilcox is concerned)...

We are a 48-50 win team with tc. We are a 48-50 win team without tc. TC didn't make that much of a difference. Some of you act like we just traded shaq in his prime or someone like that.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

we were not winning a title with Chandler. They may not be done dealing yet. They are looking at clearing up money and signing players that will help Chris Paul win. I know Chandler plays defense, but he is a career 8 pt 8 rebound a game guy. I wish we could find someone to take Peja and Peterson off our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat 3
    people are missing the point. its not about tyson leaving. its about the way the team ahs been run.

we went from young and promising to old, unathletic and in trouble. and fast. now we have a ton of holes to fill this season and in the offseason, and now we have to be concerned with keeping cp3 happy.

At least with chandler we knew we had a chance to reach the conf. finals....now we are hoping to make the playoffs.

old and slow didn't hurt the spurs.

Lafayett(school), Pineville (temporary), New Orleans(home sweet home)
    I know I'm late, but O My God!!!!

Really? OMG

Did this seriously happen? I just don't know what to think of this deal.

Let's get that BUZZ goin again

Am I the only one who thinks these two guys could net us a sign and trade in the offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805
    If Wilcox comes in and starts throwing down, he'll get that too.

I liked Chandler too, but only his size is irreplaceable(as far as Wilcox is concerned)...
    Height that is it. Tyson is extremely small for a center. Wilcox is a better build for a center.
    HORNETS ALL THE WAY IN 08!!!

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    I liked Wilcox when he was in Los Angeles. Here's to him bringing that game back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    We are a 48-50 win team with tc. We are a 48-50 win team without tc. TC didn't make that much of a difference. Some of you act like we just traded shaq in his prime or someone like that.
    We dropped to 30th in rebounding without TC, 26th in offensive rebounding, and were giving uo 49-50% of the oppositions points in the paint. If you say TC didn't make a difference you don't know basketball.

Thread Information