Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Scott
    He wasn't a clubhouse cancer but he was not easy to get along with, cried like a baby at times behind the scenes, and often was a headache for coaches & teammates when there was no reason to be whether at some practices or after several games especially early this year.

I was personally at one practice in which he erupted before the year began. Was not a pretty sight and in MY MIND (Just my view) it wasn't just a normal fight but a very strained one with a certain assistant coach and several players.
    Wow! Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805
    You're looking at their record. This isn't the same Thunder anymore. This is a team that will give any good team fits, especially behind Durant who I believe could drop 60 one of these days. Didn't they recently beat the Jazz?
    I admit I don't follow the teams in the NBA like I follow NFL or college football teams. I only follow the Hornets and their direct competition for playoff standings. But usually you are what your record says you are (usually). But I agree it was Durant that made this a game.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Wilcox and Joe Smith >>>> Bowen/Marks/Ely/Hilton

Having a scorer (Smith) off the bench MAY do wonders for us for our terrifying 2nd quarter lapses.

Basketball Guru
    man look here......wilcox has a better offensive game then tyson,,,he can block shots better then tyson,,,he can rebound like tyson and the big + is for me,he would hit somebody if they keep driving to the goal...........

joe smith and d.west can play the 4 and 5 positions,,the opp C. will have to come out and guard anyone of them on the mid-range shot,leaving cp3 or butler to drive to the goal easy or smith and west knocking mid shots down all night long,,,,good match up problems................now we will lose tyson defense at the rim.............we have more offensive depth now so we're just going to have to out score teams more......we just have to be a run and gun team now like the suns and knicks,,,,the suns went deep in the playoffs with no defense,we can do it to.......

I can't believe we won without tyson.

Half the guys here are probably shocked we won in spite of the fact we have won games and lost games with tyson.

Michael Scott I am not surprised about what you are sharing. TC, good luck but don't think of yourself as the face of a franchise.

The Franchise
    And guess what we'll probably win more without him this season.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    I can't believe we won without tyson.

not according to some on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by benreed1088
    what are they doing about the side of the arena?

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman
    And guess what we'll probably win more without him this season.
    I'll take that to the bank. We went 22-11 before TC got hurt (5-7 since, though CP and DX were hurt a few games). That's a winning percentage of 66.7. I'll bet a full night of beers at the first Hornets home playoff game this year (god willing we make it) that we win less than 66.7% of our remaining games. You good with this? (Be warned: I can drink 8+ beers before the 3rd quarter if I am in the mood).

I'll give you tonights game towards the bet. The Bees would need to go 19-10 the rest of the way for the bet to be tied.

Geez...some of you need to get over it. We wanted help of the bench to score and we wanted a rugged big man who can bang in the middle..we got both. Of course we had to give up quality to get them. TC is going and he wasn't that great. It's going to be good nice not see a front court of ely, bowen, and marks out there...
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Problem is, we'll be seeing scrubs like Marks, Bowen, and Ely a lot next year. I definetly like what Wilcox/Smith bring to us now, but its pretty much a rental.

Quote Originally Posted by stbviper22
    Okay i can see you only have one argument and are sticking to it. If you cant see that 8 and 5 is great for a bench player then stick to chandler. Im not sure i once said he was lighting it up but i did say that he isnt much of a step down from chandler.

BTW, chandler is averaging 8.8 and 8.3 in about 31 minutes. Joe smith almost averaged that in 10 less minutes.
    You're the type who would argue that a Chris Paul for a bag of peanuts trade benefits us. Take a deep breath, and say it with me. The Hornets are not perfect, they make mistakes.

I honestly can't believe there is so much optimism here about this trade. I have not seen one commentary or fan poll that even comes close to suggesting this was an even trade, much less a trade in our favor. If we got one of their first rounders I could call it even. There is not a professional voice out there (that I have seen) that thinks this was anything but a money move, possibly helping next year with the cap. But this (and every other professional league) is about winning now.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Problem is, we'll be seeing scrubs like Marks, Bowen, and Ely a lot next year. I definetly like what Wilcox/Smith bring to us now, but its pretty much a rental.
    How do you know?

Let's break this down:

Joe Smith-ancient guy in the last year of his contract, only two moves make sense for him: Retiring or signing with a real contender

Chris Wilcox-Pretty solid PF/C, will be one of the most sought after bigs in weak FA class. He makes 7mil a year now and won't be looking to take a pay cut. Also, if we just dumped one center to shed his $10mil salary, how would signing another center to a fairly large deal make sense? Hornets only have the MLE to sign him as well.

Devon Hardin- playing in europe, there's a good chance he may never put on a Hornets Uni

Let's break this down:

Joe Smith-ancient guy in the last year of his contract, only two moves make sense for him: Retiring or signing with a real contender

Chris Wilcox-Pretty solid PF/C, will be one of the most sought after bigs in weak FA class. He makes 7mil a year now and won't be looking to take a pay cut. Also, if we just dumped one center to shed his $10mil salary, how would signing another center to a fairly large deal make sense? Hornets only have the MLE to sign him as well.

Devon Hardin- playing in europe, there's a good chance he may never put on a Hornets Uni
    This only make sense to you. You have draft, free-agency, off-season trades, etc...You can't predict the future roster of next year team on Feb 17,2009

1. The Hornets don't have the assests to land a solid starting center, unless the team wants to part with West or CP3.

2. The Hornets are under the luxury tax this year, but they are not under the cap. This means they only have the MLE to use and vet. minimums, etc.

3. I'd love to see this team draft a potential starter, but considering this team won't be in the lottery this is a slim chance.

Care to debate this with facts instead of ''you don't know''?

1. The Hornets don't have the assests to land a solid starting center, unless the team wants to part with West or CP3.

2. The Hornets are under the luxury tax this year, but they are not under the cap. This means they only have the MLE to use and vet. minimums, etc.

3. I'd love to see this team draft a potential starter, but considering this team won't be in the lottery this is a slim chance.

Care to debate this with facts instead of ''you don't know''?
    The fact is you don't know.

TC numbers are going to drop significantly while he is playing in OKC, especially his points per games. At least 75% of his points game from CP setting him up.

Good job, I liked the way you used facts and analysis to debate my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet

Weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    Wow.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat1027
    But this (and every other professional league) is about winning now.
    What has TC done to help us "win now"? Not much. He's having an off season...and now "injury" problems.

And how are Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox going to help us in the future? They're not b/c they will be gone, we got fleeced plain and simple. It's really a shame Bower couldn't get one of OKC's 5 1st round picks, he really should be proud.

Thread Information