Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

I think we should keep Wilcox. Considering what the market is this summer...be smart Bower...make a good financial decision...don't give him more than 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven
    dude

we traded chandler for 2 contracts

they're going to be renounced and then shinn will save money (in salary and luxury tax payments). that's the deal

no 1st round draft picks are involved

we traded tyson to save money

how are you surprised. this was going to happen. Obviously this isn't a great trade, but if this is the best one offered then so be it. It was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by truck man
    good post. we will no doubt miss Tc presence on Defense but Wilcox is an able and willing defender and will in turn make his noise on the Offensive end of the floor. no more box score from our C that read 6 Pts, 4 Pts, 8 Pts.... Wilcox is also a beast on the boards
    So Chandler declines to over 8 boards a game and he is trash. Wilcox has hit that mark maybe once in his career for a season and he is a beast? He also gets manhandled in the post. He is not a good defender. I do think he has potential offensively and would be a real nice backup. If he played decent defense, he would be an adequate starter.

Quote Originally Posted by truck man
    good post. we will no doubt miss Tc presence on Defense but Wilcox is an able and willing defender and will in turn make his noise on the Offensive end of the floor. no more box score from our C that read 6 Pts, 4 Pts, 8 Pts.... Wilcox is also a beast on the boards
    and then at the end of the year we let him go, along with smith

and next year we have no chandler, wilcox, or smith

so do yall think that wilcox will become a better player from being on a better team?

those TC basketballs they gave away at the Bulls game are collectors' items now!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    how are you surprised.
    I think many are surprised as it is very rare for a contending team to dump salary at the deadline. They are usually looking to add valuable pieces for a stretch run, not looking to dump their starting center to save salary.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbs91
    so do yall think that wilcox will become a better player from being on a better team?
    He's not on a better team.

The Thunder have had a better record than the Hornets of late and I'm pretty sure it will continue for the next 4-5 seasons at least.

I want to know why we couldn't dump Ely on the Thunder in this deal! He and Wilcox look a lot alike actually...

Wilcox is younger than TC, and has never had the luxury of playing on a team of this calaber. Keep dogging the kid.

Chandler did, and wilcox is younger.

They are the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by jegirouard
    I want to know why we couldn't dump Ely on the Thunder in this deal! He and Wilcox look a lot alike actually...

Scary too.

Wilcox is younger than TC, and has never had the luxury of playing on a team of this calaber. Keep dogging the kid.
    He is a 1/2 season rental unless he takes a small contract to stay with us.

Chandler did, and wilcox is younger.
    thank you.
    to say the thunder are better the hornets is just obnoxious

thank you.
    to say the thunder are better the hornets is just obnoxious

well thats what a lot of people are trying to be.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    He is a 1/2 season rental unless he takes a small contract to stay with us.

and then we sign and trade him with mopete and get some cap space.

Wrong! They're the same age, Chandler is technically younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79

The Thunder have had a better record than the Hornets of late and I'm pretty sure it will continue for the next 4-5 seasons at least.
    So he's not on a better team??? Yea whatever.

Don't get it twisted fam, OKC is building a nice young squad but the Hornets have better coaching, mindset, and a better core of players.

Idk what's wrong with people today.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79

Wow... did Tyson matter that much to you?

The fact that we have lost lately has nothing to do with us missing the whopping 8 ppg , 8 boards (from a center is pathetic) and 1 block per game that TC brought.

and then we sign and trade him with mopete and get some cap space.
    you are delusional

we wouldn't save any money that way, which goes agianst the whole point of this deal

well thats what a lot of people are trying to be.
    yeah i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet
    Wrong! They're the same age, Chandler is technically younger.
    years in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    I think many are surprised as it is very rare for a contending team to dump salary at the deadline. They are usually looking to add valuable pieces for a stretch run, not looking to dump their starting center to save salary.
    Quoted for the truth.

lol maybe i'm looking at it the wrong way plus i'm biased for my team but think about it like this. Both players are averging 8 points a game....Wilcox is averaging 3 less rebounds. They're the same exact age. Chandler has the obvious advantage with Paul and other superior players on the court. Wilicox's production will likely go up....plus we get 2 other bigs in the trade. If they play well the next couple months, then the Hornets should go ahead and resign them next season. I don't see such a drastic drop off here.

Thread Information