Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Swaggin' ya face off Contributor Dollar Theater's Avatar
    From the website:

“We were able to get great depth, leadership and experience by making this trade,” said Hornets General Manager Jeff Bower. “We felt we needed to increase our overall play of the frontline and Chris Wilcox is a young, athletic player that can score and fit well in our system. We will be able to take advantage of his athleticism and style of play. Joe provides us with much needed depth and someone who can be an integral part of our rotation.”
    “First off, I want to wish Tyson the best of luck in OKC, he is an outstanding person and we thank him for his service as a Hornet.” said Hornets Head Coach Byron Scott. “I am excited to be able to get more frontcourt depth in bringing Chris and Joe in, they are experienced NBA players who will be able to step right in and help us. In addition, we get a promising young post player in Hardin.”
    http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/Horn...301063-31.html

Now he's an 8/5 guy.... Wow... The greatness of the Hornets.

Passion. Purpose. Pride.    Contributor   
    I wrote about this possibly happening last night. Trading Tyson was inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by benreed1088
    devon hardin has not played in the nba yet. this is what hollinger says about him

The 6-11 center was a late-second-round flier by the Sonics, after a college career in which he showed an NBA body and athleticism but almost no clue how to convert that into being a decent basketball player. He's a strong candidate for D-League seasoning since he needs to improve his raw offensive skills. At the moment he can throw down powerful dunks, but his range is about 4 inches and he has bad hands, which makes him somewhat reminiscent of Yinka Dare. Needless to say, he has a ways to go before he can be even remotely useful.
    alright thanks.

my two cents

i disagree strongly about this trade. beyond the money and business issues and beyond all the other stuff. this trade hurts the chemistry and "brotherhood" of this team. i just think that this will effect the team more then bower expected, maybe not talent wise but definelty chemistry wise. a talented, athletic team with no chemistry doesnt not win championships (ex: the suns)

I guess it wouldn't be right being a Hornets fan without feeling some kind of disappointment.

So I guess Hilton will start over Wilcox right?

Quote Originally Posted by mdaniel
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_...eer_stats.html

Looking on the brightside, I have always liked Wilcox. Remember watching his Maryland team. I could see him getting back to his Ray Allen era Sonic averages, 14/8. He did once grab 24 boards in a game also.

Sigh.
    I like Wilcox....as a backup. He is not a rebounder and is a terrible defender. However, he is athletic and can run the floor. Chandler's defense and rebounding is what we will miss. Many keep talking about him grabbing lobs and that just shows that they do not understand his true value to the team (rebounding and defense).

Maybe its just me...but I don't see this being the end of our playoff hopes this year nor the end of us being contenders in the West the next couple of years. I think when its all said and done...we will regroup wonderfully and actually be better because of it...write it down!

Quote Originally Posted by Cp3superman12
    I guess it wouldn't be right being a Hornets fan without feeling some kind of disappointment.
    Damn, I hear ya bro. It's almost like tradition at this point.

**But if we really get a couple of 1st round picks in this deal, then I'm not disappointed.
    "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" Muhammad Ali

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    I'm happy they made the move for numerous reasons....one of the biggest being that I think TC's "injury" issues will be re-occuring issues that will get worse...never better.

I'm on the road posting from my blackberry. I'll comment further when I am able to get to a land based computer later.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    I'm happy they made the move for numerous reasons....one of the biggest being that I think TC's "injury" issues will be re-occuring issues that will get worse...never better.

Like BD he still can't get right
    BLESS

Scott must see some value in Hardin (hopefully) as he mentioned him specifically in his quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Blaze
    Damn, I hear ya bro. It's almost like tradition at this point.

**But if we really get a couple of 1st round pick in this deal, then I am not disappointed.
    We are not getting any 1st rounders. I am sure the Hornets official announcement would have mentioned them if so.

I'm sayin if we would have traded Chris then there should be a uproar. Tyson is cool but not 27 million cool. I am just waiting to see how this turns out. Jesus i just noticed i have been a member for 7 years... wow! and Hornets fan has 15,000 plus posts......i am ashamed i only have 103....LOL i Lurk alot i guess!

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djbless77
    Like BD he still can't get right
    Exactly, after being burned by BD and Mashburn...and severely handcuffed by their contracts....the Hornets wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. TC is 100X the person that those two are....but if you can't play, you can't play....nice guy or not. I don't think TC will have a long career.

Maybe.... so Harvey... but Chicago thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    We are not getting any 1st rounders. I am sure the Hornets official announcement would have mentioned them if so.
    *Sigh*

That sucks...

The Franchise
    Exactly......all of the potential and talent means nothing if you are riding on bad tires.

I'm on the road posting from my blackberry. I'll comment further when I am able to get to a land based computer later.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    I like Wilcox....as a backup.
    Yeah, that's what I said in my other post. Liked the idea of him coming off our bench a lot more. I would assume he'd start over Hilton. I guess we'll see soon enough how that plays out.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he isn't a rebounder though. He's gotten 20+ on multiple occasions. That doesn't happen by accident. As far as his defense goes, I haven't seen him recently enough to comment. He has been in some crappy situations though over the years excluding the one year the Clippers were good(I believe he was on that team, could be wrong) and the couple with Ray Allen. Maybe he'll pick it up again during his two month long vacation in New Orleans

byon scott has not delveloped no one as a rookie, he sucks so this kid hardin has just kissed his career away once you play for coach scott.

as for bower and the organization, you blew it, we should have gotten a 1st rounder, bower you got played by the okie boys. dont mind losing chandler but for nothing just sucks.

then again what will byron do with another rookie , just run him away!!!!

i am so very disappointed that we got nothing in return.
    Micheal Jordan my all time favorite player, only watched him play 1 time in my life. We are lucky to have the opportunity to watch Chris Paul and now Anthony Davis!!!

The Franchise
    It's not like we've won a championship with him either. Heck we couldn't even make it out the second round with him healthy. As I've said we our giving him way too much credit for last season's success.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet
    Maybe.... so Harvey... but Chicago thought the same thing.

Exactly, after being burned by BD and Mashburn...and severely handcuffed by their contracts....the Hornets wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. TC is 100X the person that those two are....but if you can't play, you can't play....nice guy or not. I don't think TC will have a long career.
    I figured that's why they seemed so determined to move him so soon, I felt like they knew more than they were letting on about Tyson's injury status, and the other ailments that have affected him in the past.

If that's the case, then it's a case of cutting your losses, in more ways than one... I just hope that the Hornets have some intentions of re-signing either Wilcox or Smith(or both), and hopefully are willing to develop Hardin as well.

While we are all still reeling a bit from this deal, I think we have to start thinking in terms of next year and beyond. It was painfully obvious that this team, even with TC healthy, was not as good as last year and will in all likelihood struggle to get beyond the first round of the playoffs. Did anyone honestly see them beating the Spurs or L.A. in a 7-game series?

The F.O. now has cap room to work with in a effort to build on a solid foundation of CP3 and West. That is something we would not have had if Chandler were still here.
    the Legend has spoken!

chandler 26 14,000 minutes
    wilcox 26 9,000 minutes

It doesn't matter because this guys is one and done anyway. Is Tyson Chandler worth 11 mil a year? TOP FIVE EARNERS: 1. Jermaine O'Neal, Toronto, $21.37 million. 2. Shaquille O'Neal, Phoenix, $21 million. 3. Yao Ming, Houston, $15.07 million. 4. Rasheed Wallace, $13.93 million. 5. Dwight Howard, Orlando, $13.76 million.

Eric Dampier makes 11 mil too. Not judging, just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman
    It's not like we've won a championship with him either. Heck we couldn't even make it out the second round with him healthy. As I've said we our giving him way too much credit for last season's success.
    We made it out of the first round didn't we? What happens if we get bounced out of the first round this year?

Thread Information