Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Report: We're getting a 1st rounder this year and a 1st rounder next year according to a Hornets front office guy that texted my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollar Theater
    Hey now, don't lump us all into that category. There were a few of us who knew this team needed more than Posey to be a championship team.
    Well ... its easier to say everybody (as in Media, Owner, FO, 95% of the Fans) than saying "everybody but this and this guy"

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigEasy
    That said ... I don't really like this trade. I don't mind trading Tyson. I don't mind getting Smith and Wilcox in return ... but with their abundance of 1st round picks there was no way they could have gotten them to throw one in? Not even the Nuggets or Spurs 2009 picks, which would be in the high 20s?

Thats what bothers me about this trade ...

Agreed. Just makes me more frusterated that we sold last years pick, when it was a deep draft, and there were guys available for us at that 27 spot who could have helped us... I mean who wouldn't want to see Mario Chalmers coming in for CP off the bench? Our PG spot would have been shored up for years potentially.
    "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by djbless77
    Right but when Tyson was in his third year he really wasn't that good either. didn't check the stats to compare the 2 but i think i will....kinda slow today at work. I actually like Hilton...not as our starter but i do like him. We are a pretty good defensive squad. I'd like to see how Joe Smith and Wilcox holds the lane down. Like i said i don't think Tysin is worth 27 mil for 2 more years.
    Chandler may be offensively challenged but he was always a force in the middle. Armstrong will never be a defensive force in the middle. We had the perfect setup for chandler. West scores, Tyson mans the middle. It worked well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat 3
    we trade tyson. now we struggle the rest of the season. barely make the playoffs and lsoe in first round to a bigger team (spurs or lakers or blazers). we then fire scott in the offseason, and bring in a new coach and sign a middle of the road free agent. we then struggle that year and trade peja and posey (who demands a trade to a contender).

this spirals us into rebuilding mode with CP3 looking at the end of his contract. He waits until his deal is done, and then hits the road to a big team in a big market. 4 years later the hornets are struggling looking like we were in 2004.

This was a huge domino, and a huge mistake....simply because we got NOTHING in return.
    Really?!?!?! No play-offs?!?! Lottery team? Tyson wasn't that good. I think the Panic button is being pressed to fast here. One thing i keep hearing is CP3 will be mad. Only if they don't win. Plus he has 3 more years on his contract.
    BLESS

You people act like tc was the face of this franchise. He is highly overrated on this board. I gave up on tc after the knicks game where he refused to box out and grab rebounds. D. Lee was destorying him, he is a 7'2 NBA player who is not a threat to score in the post, tc has been in the league for 8 years and he still has no offensive game. Why would you pay a guy 27 million just to play a little defense. His price tag wasn't worth it.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

NO seriously i am really pissed about this crap, the only reason i even care about this team now is because of cp3...i want a team for him that wants him to succeed, and not have frikin salary cap in front of Chris Paul....idiotic move i dont care how much money they save. The hornets are going to be mediocre anyways, CP will not want to stay trust me

Even if it is true

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79
    Report: We're getting a 1st rounder this year and a 1st rounder next year according to a Hornets front office guy that texted my friend.
    it won't matter because the Hornets will either draft and trade or draft and sit them on the bench OR give the player away after 2 years (ala BD and Chandler).

If that really is true or at least one of those ... than its a whole other ball game.

The Franchise
    I'm sorry maybe I'm missing something here but you would have thought we had traded Chris Paul instead of Chandler. Anyway did anyone ever think maybe this was the "best" deal out there and nobody wanted to take a chance on a guy who has been injured a lot this season and has not had a great year overall.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    If thats true then it eases my mind a little

IF this is true, it makes me feel much better!

who cares...i garauntee you those damn picks wont win us a ring, and if Cp3 cant have a chance to even frikin prove he can win one with a 7 1 center who had great chemistry with him, then frikin 1st round bs picks arent gonna change anything...this franchise is a joke

If this is true then we got a steal if you ask me. Tyson is NOT that good. Although i DO like him just not for 27 mil!

What a day.

I'll start by saying that I don't think anyone is particularly wrong here (other than the people saying they're going to cancel their tickets. But I guess they're more fairweather than anything else. Please stop posting if you're so disgusted). If you combine select posts, you get a pretty clear view of what's happened.

I held out hope that we wouldn't actually go through with this deal. Tyson probably won't be the same player without Chris, however, that doesn't mean you take less for him. My initial reaction was that we basically dealt him for nothing.

I like Wilcox. Liked the idea of acquiring him to bolster our bench. Now, I would assume he'll start. That's fine. We did what we had to do, I guess. I could see Chris having some nice games for us. When healthy, he can be a good player. But come this offseason, I would be extremely suprised if Wilcox, Smith, or Hardin will even remain with the team.

I'm also concerned about the affect this has on Chris and David. You can come at me with "It's a businessblah blah blah," but it's not just a business for them. I'm sure they'll come out and tow the company line, but I guarentee you neither are happy.

Neither am I really, I suppose. But I'll wait and see how this plays out. Not just this season but in the coming years. Because that's what a good fan does. Not jump ship the moment the sky looks a little cloudier.

Good that will generate another $6 million for the team.

well at least LSU's basketball team is good, baseball season starts friday and mardis gras is coming up so i have things to distract myself with now other than watching us fold it up. i was really looking forward to the second half of this season.

this is really pathetic to not even get a first. i have been losing confidence in bower but this is the nail in his coffin. when it comes august and we still dont have a legit center, have a mediocre pick, and no money to spend, we probably will make some other really stupid move to try and get one.

edit...i flamed before reading the current page about the 2 firsts. it thats true, i'll reformulate my opinion.

Don't go and get my hopes up now!

Quote Originally Posted by djbless77
    If this is true then we got a steal if you ask me. Tyson is NOT that good. Although i DO like him just not for 27 mil!
    I wouldn't call it a steal. I'd call it fair value. Quality bigs are worth at least 2 1st picks or a lottery pick.

MVF (Most Valuable Fan)
    "I don't know if that's somebody we can afford to lose,'' West told the newspaper. "So I'm not sold on that idea. You just don't find a 7-foot-1 athlete like that and he's the only 7-footer we have. Especially if we're planning on making a run into the playoffs, we're going to need size to compete with Portland, San Antonio and the Lakers. I'm not sure that would help us.''
    Awesome F'ing move!

This organization is a joke. They want us to step up as fans and when we do, they drop the ball as ownership.

Swaggin' ya face off Contributor Dollar Theater's Avatar
    IF this is true, then I feel a lot better and retract my initial venom towards Bower. Otherwise, it's still a terrible trade.

Nothing personal against Tyson but even Hilton was outplaying him this year. He was giving us nothing

man this is fd up i realy liked tyson, what a dumb #@$ trade, im going to have to stop getting attached to players, i miss this dude and i dont even know him like that. i know this buisness but jeez jo smith and wilkox, r u kidding me, where the heck r the draft picks. why the heck we didnt shift out poesy no playing #@%. and why did we make a trade with our enemies, i know the okies just love this, i cant imagine what their boards will say. i wish i can be a fly on the wall in chris paul house i want to see his real reaction, he propably like im gone in 4 years, this is bs, are something like that

im done typing my fustration, i know im a little late, i just woke up
    looking forward to next season

Please GOD be the truth!!!!!

Guys, can you all calm down? The stats show Tyson was NOT a contributor in our wins this year, and he is NOT carrying his weight compared to other centers in the league. This is giving credence to what say_what and alg are saying; he is not worth his contract.
    For those who don't think this team can draft, take a look at the production they have gotten out of our picks the last few years. PLUS, this move puts us in the market for Wade and Bosh in 2010. I love Tyson and will miss him, but there is some stuff to like about this trade.

Thread Information